Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:59 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: A win for Marquez???
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:06 pm 
Bantamweight

Is Pacquiao-Marquez II a Done Deal?
By Alan Berg - October 27, 2004

According to Manny Pacquiao's promoter Murad Muhammad, the much-anticipated rematch with Juan Manuel Marquez is a done deal.

Also, according to Muhammad, the fight should be in Las Vegas on HBO in February.

All fight fans have been eagerly awaiting the rematch of one of 2004's best fights, but who will be victorious if these two step in the ring?

Pacquiao may have been exposed by Marquez, who would have won the fight if not for a disastrous first round in which Pac Man dropped him three times. I have not been very high on the Marquez boys, I just feel like there is something missing. So after witnessing the opening round of the first fight, I looked brilliant telling everyone I knew Pac Man would devour Marquez.

However, Marquez showed a lot of brass in that fight. He could have given up; decide that he was too far behind in the fight to come back. He could have just stayed in the fight so he could take Pacquiao the distance, but he did much more than that. He almost won. In other words, he made a fool out of me, which his brother, Rafael, might do once he fights at a higher weight. Point is, Marquez showed heart against Pac Man.

For this reason, I think Marquez has figured Pacquiao out. He found ways around Pac Man's blistering straight left hand and outboxed him. Although Pacquiao might be a one punch fighter, is there a stronger, faster punch pound-for-pound in boxing?

Pacquiao would need a knockout to beat JMM, and he needs that to continue on the road to greatness. If he slides by JMM on the scorecards, will anyone believe he has the power to knock out people at a higher weight? Could he really be a threat to Erik Morales at 130?

Regardless of the outcome, I don't know anyone who doesn't want to see this again. So many question marks can be answered with this fight, the first an obvious one, who's better? Can Pacquiao keep Marquez on the mat? Will Marquez be ready this time, for Pac Man's speed? Can Marquez avoid the big punches of Pacquiao for 12 rounds? Will Freddie Roach implement a game plan to confuse Marquez so that Pacquiao can land his straight left from different angles?

My guess - Marquez wins by split decision after picking himself up from a 10th round knockdown.
------------------------------------
Alan Berg???? Stop predicting a win for Marquez. You might eat all your words come the actual fight!!!
:headz: :headz: :headz:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:16 am 
Middleweight

lol marquez gets knocked down 4 times in round 1! promise!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:16 am 
Bantamweight

Marquez is too boring, I want Pac to annihilate him, especially after his last dull fight with Salido.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:12 pm 
Lightweight

I want the next fight to be a short one...

if it goes to 12 round. BANG

Manny will loose

Manny should kayod marquez for good to be able to win the fight....

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:13 pm 
Lightweight

Kailangan ni manny na tumayming ng malakas na suntok..

wag makipagsabayan kay JMM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:20 am 
Bantamweight

I think Pacquiao won't make the same mistake of letting up a little bit, which he did int he second round agianst Marquez when he had him on the ropes.

When they meet again, Manny won't let it be decided by the judges.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:40 am 
Featherweight

However, Marquez showed a lot of brass in that fight. He could have given up; decide that he was too far behind in the fight to come back. He could have just stayed in the fight so he could take Pacquiao the distance, but he did much more than that. He almost won. In other words, he made a fool out of me, which his brother, Rafael, might do once he fights at a higher weight. Point is, Marquez showed heart against Pac Man.

For this reason, I think Marquez has figured Pacquiao out. He found ways around Pac Man's blistering straight left hand and outboxed him. Although Pacquiao might be a one punch fighter, is there a stronger, faster punch pound-for-pound in boxing?

Pacquiao would need a knockout to beat JMM, and he needs that to continue on the road to greatness. If he slides by JMM on the scorecards, will anyone believe he has the power to knock out people at a higher weight? Could he really be a threat to Erik Morales at 130?

Bro,
Marquez did show a lot of brass 'till the end of the round because stupid Manny's corner bough a cheap socks that cause Manny to hurt is foot :x
and lost his footwork. Marquez was lucky. Hope those stupid guys dont make same mistake.

Manny's corner learned their mistake and I am sure it's not going to happen again. I will predict Manny will win in decision with a score of a knockdown. Marquez can't avoid Manny's left eventhough he drops his head to the right cause I saw in the fight that even he drops to his right Manny figured out too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:24 am 

reyesk wrote:

Bro,
Marquez did show a lot of brass 'till the end of the round because stupid Manny's corner bough a cheap socks that cause Manny to hurt is foot :x
and lost his footwork. Marquez was lucky. Hope those stupid guys dont make same mistake.

Manny's corner learned their mistake and I am sure it's not going to happen again. I will predict Manny will win in decision with a score of a knockdown. Marquez can't avoid Manny's left eventhough he drops his head to the right cause I saw in the fight that even he drops to his right Manny figured out too.

Do you know who bought Manny's cheap socks? Do you have the name?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:34 am 
Bantamweight

Manny hurt his hand and his foot. Still got robbed by the decision. LOL, you knew one judge was gonna screw up, and of course one of them scored the first round 10-7 in a triple-knockdown round!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:45 am 
Welterweight

If Manny wants to win, he needs to throw combinations nonstop as he did vs Barrera. I been talking about how he should beat a counter puncher a lot on boxingscene.com forums. The best way for Manny is to throw enough punches that he can't counter them all or deal with the amount. This or he could try going for a power kill again. Though IT BETTER WORK THIS TIME!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:05 am 
Welterweight

Looks like the writer is having a bad nightmare. Well, keep on dreaming because JMM will be hitting the canvass again more than he did the first time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:44 am 
Light Heavyweight

Their rematch wont last the distance. No need for judges.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:18 pm 

buray wrote:
I want the next fight to be a short one...

if it goes to 12 round. BANG

Manny will loose

Manny should kayod marquez for good to be able to win the fight....

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

Here is an idea. KO your opponent so stuff like that doesn't happen.
Only Manny can do that. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:07 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Marquez figured Pacquiao out that's why Marquez didn't want the immediate rematch..... Marquez won that fight that's why it was a Draw

Tsk tsk!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 2:10 pm 
Heavyweight

bisdak wrote:
Do you know who bought Manny's cheap socks? Do you have the name?

Yes, I know. His name is MANNY PACQUIAO. Yes, he bought that damn pair of socks himself, in a department store near the Wild Card..thats what I heard in his interview.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next