Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:59 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:13 pm 
Cruiserweight

if JMM manages to last the distance, probability will dictate that he will win the fight on points, but no way JMM will stand up after a KD in round 10 as the writer suggests.....

And I know for a lot of us Pac Fans we expect a shorter fight than that....

Post subject: To: Mr. VicLoben
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:30 pm 
Light Heavyweight

I know, bro, this may sounds an excuse. But after the fight, PACMAN was interviewed. He said why he was ‘only’ throwing the straight left? (which is his bread and butter punch) ‘coz he wanted to knock Marquez out for his left hand was hurting and he thought he could no longer continue if it will take in full route.
Now, if you think Marquez got a lot of heart, PACMAN have it, too. And for those of you people thinking PACMAN is one-dimensional fighter, review the PAC-MAB fight.
If you also think that if the fight would go 12 rounds, a sure Marquez win, well, that’s your opinion. But Pacquiao can also box like Marquez, but Marquez can not do what PAC can do to him that is—knocking him out!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:10 am 
Bantamweight

ahhh marquez felt the strength and was on his heels the whole time, lucky for him pacquiao was over anxious

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:30 am 
Bantamweight

the_darkness wrote:
lol marquez gets knocked down 4 times in round 1! promise!

I agree.

Marquez is a DAMN good fighter. ive always known this ever since i saw him fight for the first time in 1999 against freddie norwood.

however, marquez hates pressure fighters like pacman so pacman will always give him trouble.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:18 am 
Cruiserweight

I would want to see the fight materialize first.Get that contract signed and then we wait for the result. I would want Pac to keep JMM on the mat this time!Down and out!

Post subject: test
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:18 pm 
Flyweight

test

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:30 pm 
Welterweight

folks, i bet the pacman can win his rematch with marquez regardless of the result, it can be split or unanimous decision, or by way of knock out. But i bet for manny to win that fight....I'm sure manny and his team including roach would do everything to win that fight....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:38 pm 
Welterweight

Originally posted by reyesk:
However, Marquez showed a lot of brass in that fight. He could have given up; decide that he was too far behind in the fight to come back. He could have just stayed in the fight so he could take Pacquiao the distance, but he did much more than that. He almost won. In other words, he made a fool out of me, which his brother, Rafael, might do once he fights at a higher weight. Point is, Marquez showed heart against Pac Man.

For this reason, I think Marquez has figured Pacquiao out. He found ways around Pac Man's blistering straight left hand and outboxed him. Although Pacquiao might be a one punch fighter, is there a stronger, faster punch pound-for-pound in boxing?

Pacquiao would need a knockout to beat JMM, and he needs that to continue on the road to greatness. If he slides by JMM on the scorecards, will anyone believe he has the power to knock out people at a higher weight? Could he really be a threat to Erik Morales at 130?

Bro,
Marquez did show a lot of brass 'till the end of the round because stupid Manny's corner bough a cheap socks that cause Manny to hurt is foot
and lost his footwork. Marquez was lucky. Hope those stupid guys dont make same mistake.

Manny's corner learned their mistake and I am sure it's not going to happen again. I will predict Manny will win in decision with a score of a knockdown. Marquez can't avoid Manny's left eventhough he drops his head to the right cause I saw in the fight that even he drops to his right Manny figured out too.

Do you know who bought Manny's cheap socks? Do you have the name?

mga bro dahan2 kayo sa mga sinasabi nyo. didn't you watch the interview after that fight with marquez? it was manny himself who bought that cheap sock at a local store ther in LA. he said it himself taht he bought it for 99 cents because he left his fighting sock in manila. maybe he might have been stupid at that time. nasa dugo kasi natin yang mga pinoy pag may mura doon tayo. mahilig tayo sa mga libre, sale, buy one take one, bargain and etcetera. rest assured he is wiser now and more prepared next time. dapat laging handa gaya ng boyscout hehehe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:46 pm 
Lightweight

IT WILL BE OVER FOR JMM ONCE THEY MEET AGAIN. MANNY SHOULD HAVE SOMEONE CHECK EVERYTHING HE WILL WEAR ON THAT DAY, INCLUDING HIS UNDERWEAR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:57 pm 
Lightweight

it takes a manny pacquiao to bring the best performance of the boring marquez...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 4:04 pm 
Featherweight

i think manny will be more ready the next time around... what happened to manny in their first match was "SOBRANG GIGIL!!!" he was not able to box well because of this attitude. but if he will box properly just like what he did against MAB, wherein his patience is very remarkable, he will win the second match.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 4:49 pm 
Lightweight

a 100% pacquiao will definitely beat marquez in their rematch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:50 pm 
Strawweight

Oh yaa? Manny Pacquiao is his name? I'll punch him out....lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:55 pm 
Strawweight

....pre dahil sa socks na yun meron syang commercial....lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:24 pm 
Middleweight

VERNON_III wrote:
i think manny will be more ready the next time around... what happened to manny in their first match was "SOBRANG GIGIL!!!" he was not able to box well because of this attitude. but if he will box properly just like what he did against MAB, wherein his patience is very remarkable, he will win the second match.

the only way pac will beat marquez is by boxing brilliantly using he's right
abuse marquez in the body and break marquez down and finish him off no more ****** around don't let him of the hook if pac did what he did in the first fight throwing left diping in and out he's fucked in vegas arum is gonna **** him up on the cards marquez will run and counter just like the salido fight as long as he avoid the left he's ok till the he reach the twelve he's gonna play too defensive pac should destroy marquez' body early like the barrera fight if pac waste so much time head hunting he's fucked on the cards bealive me bye bye rematch with barrera and pac should be the next navarette

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next