Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:11 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: More on Canoy-Jandaeng
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:48 pm 
Heavyweight

As we've read, the fight ended in a Technical Draw. Having not seen the fight, I made an inquiry to what transpired.
---
To summarize, according to Mr. Lagumbay, Canoy won the first 2 rounds, and Jandaeng took the 3rd. The accidental cut (which was a bad cut that would take a lot of time to heal and would prevent Canoy from sparring for 2 months) happened in the 4th. According to WBO rules, an accidental, fight-stopping cut that happens on or before the 4th (not like some other sanctioning bodies that would call it on or before the 3rd) would automatically warrant a Technical Draw.
---
The Canoy-Jandaeng match was supposed to answer the question on Canoy's level and if he was ready for a bigger stage. Obviously, the question mark remains since we weren't able to see an entire fight against a truly tested opponent.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:52 pm 
Heavyweight

too bad the fight had to end that way. this is a good gauze if canoy is ready for the big time and i guess we won't know, at least for now.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:07 pm 
Heavyweight

grayfist wrote:
The Butcher wrote:

Sorry for hijacking this thread for a moment. For more on Canoy's fight, just head here:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=105740&p=2432804#p2432804
Okay. But I'd rather wait for it to be uploaded to youtube and see it for myself. No disrespect meant on Mr. Lagumbay.

Also extending my apologies to TS and the responders to this topic for being a party to the hijacking.

Naturally, it would be better for us to see the fight ourselves to be able to form our own opinion. For now though, this will have to do.

Let me know if you get a hold of a copy. 8)