Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:33 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:54 am 
Strawweight

I believe Manny is in his prime. I doubt, however, if he can beat Morales in their next fight. Morales is a bigger fighter and he can accept and receive punches with "little pain." Manny can be knock-out by Morales if he will not be cautious. Our beloved Manny doesn't have a solid chin.

Other members will disagree. But be objective, we all saw before how he was "rocked" and was sent to the canvass. I am not referring to his 2 lost were he was knock-out since he had an excuse for these (he was over-weight and was forced to lossen the weight within one or two days before the fight and was wearing heavier gloves). But with the fight with Hussein and Yeshmangbetov.

Hussein was a dirty fighter and he deserved to lose that fight. Yeshmangbetov on the other hand shocked the Filipino fans by sending Manny to the canvass even though we was rocked by Manny 2 times. Of course, in the later round, Manny gain his composure and win that fight.

The issue here is to be cautious and not be complacent. Manny must not fight a brawl with Morales. He can't beat Morales in one punch. Morales can accept punches and withstand all of it. He proved this in all his previous fights(ESPECIALLY WITH RAHEEM, MORALES WAS BADLY BEATEN). Manny must be an intelligent fighter and beat Morales in the score cards. He can do this. But if given an opportunity, I love to see Morales beaten via knock-out (GO MANNY!!!).

To all other members, remember boxing is also a money making venture. BARRERA is not a coward. Fighting Manny now will not generate more revenue to his pocket. If he will wait and fight Manny in a later time, especially if more fans are willing and eager to see the fight, the prize purse he will receive now can be doubled or tripled.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:00 am 
Heavyweight

WRONG FORUM===================>
Anyway WELCOME TO PACLAND mailto:jcruza11@yahoo.com!!! ENJOY YOUR STAY HERE!!! :D

peace!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:05 am 
Light Heavyweight

WELCOME TO PACLAND mailto:jcruza11@yahoo.com !!!!! nice post there keep em coming!!!

Have faith bro, Team Pacman will prepare hard to win the rematch. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:34 am 
Middleweight

Actually, to be really honest and frankly... your expressed view on Pacman upcoming rematch with EM is probably the most intelligent and open-minded!!! It may not be accepted by most regular forum members but it just makes a lot of sense. I feel exactly the same as a long time boxing oficianado.
I was there too at MGM in Las Vegas when EM beat our beloved Pacman. And, I noticed that MP didn't have his usual power and was totally outsmarted by EM. I guess, what am saying here is that MP needs to overpower and outspeed EM with the usual intensity could really make the difference on the outcome. Needless to say, that our PM has to really watch those accidental headbutts to avoid getting injured.
Businesswise, I think our Pacman will prevail this time by KO between Rd. 7-11...!!??

Cheers,
Zackman1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:54 am 

Location: Lupang Hinirang - Perlas ng Silanganan - Bayan ni Pacman
Wrong Forum.

Manny by SD. Floyd will be KD twice.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]