Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:21 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:12 pm 
Light Heavyweight

http://philboxing.com/news/story-12540.html

Since then Fahsan has won fourteen straight, twelve against Filipinos with eleven by KO or TKO and has improved his record to 58-8-1 with 35 knockouts with his only KO loss being to Pacquiao.

I don't like to be prejudiced against Thais but this has got to be part of those fights wherein they feed patsy (meaning over-matched) Filipino fighters to Thai fighters to improve their professional standing! 50+ wins is almost the same as Barrera's record! The big difference is that Barrera has been fight B to A++ fighters throughout his career!

What do you think?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:23 am 
Welterweight

It can also mean that this guy is a good boxer but manny is a great boxer. Manny dont get a lot of credit when he beats a boxer. there's always that excuse that their old or washed up but in reality.. manny is just that daymmmmmm good.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:56 am 
Welterweight

boxing fan wrote:

Since then Fahsan has won fourteen straight, twelve against Filipinos with eleven by KO or TKO and has improved his record to 58-8-1 with 35 knockouts with his only KO loss being to Pacquiao.

I don't like to be prejudiced against Thais but this has got to be part of those fights wherein they feed patsy (meaning over-matched) Filipino fighters to Thai fighters to improve their professional standing! 50+ wins is almost the same as Barrera's record! The big difference is that Barrera has been fight B to A++ fighters throughout his career!

What do you think?

Oh please! At least give this guy the benefit of the doubt.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:14 am 
Light Heavyweight

johnbosays wrote:
boxing fan wrote:

What do you think?

I'd give this guy the benefit of the doubt if he deserved it. Just look at the guys he faught after MP...are those fighters of top caliber?

-F

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:27 am 
Heavyweight

...let Fahsan test his worth by facing the overused jaca...let's find out if he can keep on winning...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:47 am 
Welterweight

withanf wrote:
johnbosays wrote:
boxing fan wrote:

What do you think?

I'd give this guy the benefit of the doubt if he deserved it. Just look at the guys he faught after MP...are those fighters of top caliber?

-F

I'd wait to see what happens after his upcoming world title fight against the champion Steve"The Kid" Molitor of Canada before I say something more. If he loses, you can say whatever you want to say, I don't care. I would even tend to believe the he was fed patsies to improve his ranking.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:04 am 
Middleweight

winning his last 14 fights means he's damn good, im not sure if it's the same level w/ world class champions and contenders but i assure you he's damn good. most of you guys gives these disrespectful comments(again, not implying to all) and doesn't know what they're talking talking about meaning, doesn't know **** about boxing, they pretend to be boxing gurus and imitate what they read or learn in websites and forums, i consider my self as a newbie in boxing coz ive only been boxing for 3 yrs but i think i already know the reality of boxing. In reality, a .500 win ratio boxer is considered as a good fighter. personally, when there is a big fight comin up, i dun give much attention to the records and if there are upsets, im not that surprised for the simple reason that i know they're both good, they both have trained hard and literally killed their body coz that's what boxers are.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:09 am 
Welterweight

in his 11 straight wins after losing to manny, fahsan's opponents had a combined record of 91 wins, 105 losses and 17draws. Among the 11 fighters, 4 had winning records, while 7 had losing records when they faced fahsan. Patsies, patsies, patsies.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:51 am 
Middleweight

sensation wrote:
in his 11 straight wins after losing to manny, fahsan's opponents had a combined record of 91 wins, 105 losses and 17draws. Among the 11 fighters, 4 had winning records, while 7 had losing records when they faced fahsan. Patsies, patsies, patsies.

i guess this says it all...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:00 am 
Welterweight

oops, I missed out to include his latest 3 wins. 14 wins after Manny. Including the 3 fights I didn't originally include, his opponent's combined records become 114 wins, 142 losses, and 20 draws. Still 4 fighters with winning records, and 10 with losing records. The latest 3 fighters all had losing records: 2-4-2, 18-19-1, and 3-14-0.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:23 am 
Heavyweight

Time for pacquiao to give him a rematch...

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:16 am 
Light Heavyweight

justinprovido wrote:
winning his last 14 fights means he's damn good, im not sure if it's the same level w/ world class champions and contenders but i assure you he's damn good. most of you guys gives these disrespectful comments(again, not implying to all) and doesn't know what they're talking talking about meaning, doesn't know **** about boxing, they pretend to be boxing gurus and imitate what they read or learn in websites and forums, i consider my self as a newbie in boxing coz ive only been boxing for 3 yrs but i think i already know the reality of boxing. In reality, a .500 win ratio boxer is considered as a good fighter. personally, when there is a big fight comin up, i dun give much attention to the records and if there are upsets, im not that surprised for the simple reason that i know they're both good, they both have trained hard and literally killed their body coz that's what boxers are.

You are indeed a newbie! Concluding that Fahsan is "damn good" because he won his last 14 fights and you even assure it? You think you know the reality of boxing when you did not even consider the records of Fahsan's opponents for him to get those 14 consecutive wins?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:24 am 
Light Heavyweight

Kadyo wrote:
Time for pacquiao to give him a rematch...

:lol:

I think even Bobby Pacquiao could give him a drubbing. :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:35 am 
Middleweight

fahsan has been fed with fil patsies who retirable boxers with very poor performance.
diolan 18-19-1,bartiquil 3-14-0,escribir 18-19-4,manatad 3-18-0,devilleres 3-9-1,de asis 5-7-3,malco 14-8-1 (the same guy fed to hussein after losing to manny),gabejan3-4-0,sungahid 18-12-3,arnado 9-12-1 etc...etc... these are 3rd rate or 4th rate boxers fed in the lions den.

they are advertised in pre-fights as ex-champions or top contenders and it becomes a sell-out. They love to watch the massacre. fahsan's record now improves and looks invincible, his rating goes up and goes big time win or lose in world championship fights. if you notice his fil opponents have either more losses than wins on their record or newbies with as many losses in their fights.

if you read the column of nathanielsz regarding mismatches in Thailand and Australia, he forewarned GAB chairman eric buhain and still these mismatches continue. some managers sneak out lowly rated boxers without permission from GAB. we only get to notice it after tragedies happens and then symphathetic statements come out... who needs symphaty here. :( :( :(

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:40 am 
Light Heavyweight

labonilcny wrote:
fahsan has been fed with fil patsies who retirable boxers with very poor performance.
diolan 18-19-1,bartiquil 3-14-0,escribir 18-19-4,manatad 3-18-0,devilleres 3-9-1,de asis 5-7-3,malco 14-8-1 (the same guy fed to hussein after losing to manny),gabejan3-4-0,sungahid 18-12-3,arnado 9-12-1 etc...etc... these are 3rd rate or 4th rate boxers fed in the lions den.

they are advertised in pre-fights as ex-champions or top contenders and it becomes a sell-out. They love to watch the massacre. fahsan's record now improves and looks invincible, his rating goes up and goes big time win or lose in world championship fights. if you notice his fil opponents have either more losses than wins on their record or newbies with as many losses in their fights.

if you read the column of nathanielsz regarding mismatches in Thailand and Australia, he forewarned GAB chairman eric buhain and still these mismatches continue. some managers sneak out lowly rated boxers without permission from GAB. we only get to notice it after tragedies happens and then symphathetic statements come out... who needs symphaty here. :( :( :(

All too true!