Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:55 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:04 pm 
Bantamweight

I THINK PACMAN SHOULD'VE FACE JOHNNY TAPIA INSTEAD OF FAHSAN ALTHOUGH HE SHOULD'VE FACED D LIKES OF OSCAR LARIOS,PAULIE AYALA,IN JIN CHI,SCOTT HARRISON & ROCKY JUAREZ BECAUSE TAPIA IS MORE APPROPRIATE FOR HIM JUST LOOK AT HIS CREDENTIALS HE WAS D IBF/WBO SUPERFLYWEIGHT CHAMP, WBA BANTAMWEIGHT CHAMP,WBO BANTAMWEIGHT CHAMP &IBF FEATHERWEIGHT CHAMP PLUS HE FOUGHT AGAINST D LIKES OF MARCO ANTONIO BARRERA,PAULIE AYALA,DANNY ROMERO & MANUEL MEDINA,CESAR SOTO,NANA KONADU &FRANKIE ANCHULETA COMPARED 2 FAHSAN'S WHOSE CREDENTIALS WAS HE WAS D WBF BANTAMWEIGHT CHAMP,IBF INTERCONTINENTAL BANTAMWEIGHT CHAMP&REIGNING IBF PANPACIFIC CHAMP OR HE IF HE CAN' T FACE TAPIA & TAPIA CAN STILL PULL SOME TRICKS IN D HAT OR HE SHOULD'VE AT LEAST FACED FORMER WBC FEATHERWEIGHT CHAMP GUTY ESPADAS BECAUSE I THINK GUTY IS MORE APPROPRIATE BECAUSE HE HAS STAYED LONG IN D FEATHERWEIGHT DIVISION UNLIKE FAHSAN WHO FOUGHT MOST OF HIS FIGHTS AS A BANTAMWEIGHT & GUTY HAS FOUGHT D LIKES OF ERIK MORALES,AGAPITO SANCHEZ ,ROCKY JUAREZ,JESUS SALUD &OUR VERY OWN LUISITO ESPINOSA

Last edited by Rovin on Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:22 pm 
Bantamweight

Yup, I agree with u...could have been a better battle if Pac was able to fight say In-jin choo or scott harrison as these two fighters are belt holders in their respective categories...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:34 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Rovin wrote:
I THINK PACMAN SHOULD'VE FACE JOHNNY TAPIA INSTEAD OF FAHSAN ALTHOUGH HE SHOULD'VE FACED D LIKES OF OSCAR LARIOS,PAULIE AYALA,IN JIN CHI,SCOTT HARRISON & ROCKY JUAREZ BECAUSE TAPIA IS MORE APPROPRIATE FOR HIM JUST LOOK AT HIS CREDENTIALS HE WAS D IBF/WBO SUPERFLYWEIGHT CHAMP, WBA BANTAMWEIGHT CHAMP &IBF FEATHERWEIGHT CHAMP PLUS HE FOUGHT AGAINST D LIKES OF MARCO ANTONIO BARRERA,PAULIE AYALA,DANNY ROMERO & MANUEL MEDINA,CESAR SOTO,NANA KONADU &FRANKIE ANCHULETA COMPARED 2 FAHSAN'S WHOSE CREDENTIALS WAS HE WAS D WBF BANTAMWEIGHT CHAMP,IBF INTERCONTINENTAL BANTAMWEIGHT CHAMP&REIGNING IBF PANPACIFIC CHAMP OR HE IF HE CAN' T FACE TAPIA & TAPIA CAN STILL PULL SOME TRICKS IN D HAT OR HE SHOULD'VE FORMER WBC FEATHERWEIGHT CHAMP GUTY ESPADAS BECAUSE I THINK GUTY IS MORE APPROPRIATE BECAUSE HE HAS STAYED LONG IN D FEATHERWEIGHT DIVISION UNLIKE FAHSAN WHO FOUGHT MOST OF HIS FIGHTS AS A BANTAMWEIGHT & GUTY HAS FOUGHT D LIKES OF ERIK MORALES,AGAPITO SANCHEZ ,ROCKY JUAREZ,JESUS SALUD &OUR VERY OWN LUISITO ESPINOSA

johnny tapia? BANNED!!!!!

and why are still talking about this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:42 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Rovin I THINK PACMAN SHOULD'VE FACE JOHNNY TAPIA INSTEAD OF FAHSAN ALTHOUGH HE SHOULD'VE FACED D LIKES OF OSCAR LARIOS,PAULIE AYALA,IN JIN CHI,SCOTT HARRISON & ROCKY JUAREZ BECAUSE TAPIA IS MORE APPROPRIATE FOR HIM JUST LOOK AT HIS CREDENTIALS HE WAS D IBF/WBO SUPERFLYWEIGHT CHAMP, WBA BANTAMWEIGHT CHAMP &IBF FEATHERWEIGHT CHAMP PLUS HE FOUGHT AGAINST D LIKES OF MARCO ANTONIO BARRERA,PAULIE AYALA,DANNY ROMERO & MANUEL MEDINA,CESAR SOTO,NANA KONADU &FRANKIE ANCHULETA COMPARED 2 FAHSAN'S WHOSE CREDENTIALS WAS HE WAS D WBF BANTAMWEIGHT CHAMP,IBF INTERCONTINENTAL BANTAMWEIGHT CHAMP&REIGNING IBF PANPACIFIC CHAMP OR HE IF HE CAN' T FACE TAPIA & TAPIA CAN STILL PULL SOME TRICKS IN D HAT OR HE SHOULD'VE FORMER WBC FEATHERWEIGHT CHAMP GUTY ESPADAS BECAUSE I THINK GUTY IS MORE APPROPRIATE BECAUSE HE HAS STAYED LONG IN D FEATHERWEIGHT DIVISION UNLIKE FAHSAN WHO FOUGHT MOST OF HIS FIGHTS AS A BANTAMWEIGHT & GUTY HAS FOUGHT D LIKES OF ERIK MORALES,AGAPITO SANCHEZ ,ROCKY JUAREZ,JESUS SALUD &OUR VERY OWN LUISITO ESPINOSA
=====================================================

It will never gonna happen that Tapia will fight Manny, he know's that he is way his prime. Her manger is too smart to do that such move and inccedentally She's Tapia's wife... It's must been a disaster to team Pac if Chi was the opponent instead of 3k. I felt that Manny's preparation was not enough for wold class fighter, im not saying that he will loss but the chances of winning will be kinda slim.

Peace!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:45 pm 
Welterweight

While it's true that there are a lot of fighters who are more "qualified" than Fahsan, there are also valid reasons why Team Pacquiao didn't pursue such formidable fighters.

We have to put in mind that the time between the Dec 11 tune-up and the title fight against Marquez is barely 3 months. With limited time to train for February, Pacquiao can't afford a difficult fight since that would further delay his training.

Then, we also have to consider the budget. Remember, it was only short of a miracle that the bout in Taguig took place. They already spent a hefty sum for Pacquiao's purse ($300,000). If they will do the same thing for his opponent, I doubt if the fight would've become a reality. That's the reason why they even rejected Gairy St. Claire's price of $150,000. If that's Johnny Tapia, then most probably he would ask for at least $200,000. That's why we have to thank Fahsan for agreeing for a mere $25,000.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:51 pm 
Light Heavyweight

you get what you pay for. end of story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 4:59 pm 
Bantamweight

no need to face tapia....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:48 pm 
Bantamweight

who is packman??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:55 pm 
Light Heavyweight

kondy wrote:
who is packman??

packman- means "pack" ur things and follow the national road, malay mo makapulot ka ng piso pambile ng puto... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:45 pm 
Heavyweight

Johnny Tapia and Guty Espadas are past their prime that's why even if Pacman fights them, it will not be a marketable fight than the JMM, EM and MAB pairings.

Rudy Salud already brokered for In Jin Chi to fight Pac, but Chi wanted a talent fee of not less than 1M USD. Of course that talent fee is too high considering they are not going to promote it in the US of A. Scott Harrisson wants to fight Pac, he even said that he was not impressed by Pacman but he wanted to fight Pac in Scotland. Because of those reasons, there will be a small possibility of a fight with Pac.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:48 pm 
Light Heavyweight

johnny tapia? BANNED!!!!!

and why are still talking about this? mr.garcia
--------------------
too sensitive, just like this gay too old and grumpy..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 2:19 pm 
Heavyweight

Even if Manny wants those names, I don't think Murad can gave it to him last December.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:20 am 
Bantamweight

I ecstatic to see that fight,hope it will be in the works.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:37 am 
Lightweight

Well, Johnny Tapia was the first one to challenge Pacquiao. But after Barrera accepted Pac's challenge and got knocked out, Tapia has been very silent..........................COWARD!! Nya ha ha ha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:22 am 
Welterweight

Harker wrote:
Well, Johnny Tapia was the first one to challenge Pacquiao. But after Barrera accepted Pac's challenge and got knocked out, Tapia has been very silent..........................COWARD!! Nya ha ha ha

Its a good thing.Tapia would get a beat down.