Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:27 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:27 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:58 pm
Posts: 3361
Location: PH-SA-SG-PH
jbowyer wrote:
LightSpeed wrote:
Actually if you will try to trace back our conversations, the guy you quoted was starting a new topic in answer to my analogy before. I just didn't bother to answer it so as not be off-topic. You may want to read our previous conversations. :mrgreen:


... I really hope that Manny does not open himself up for the kind of criticism that Mayweather is rightfully receiving right now. He's been borderline ducking Guzman for some time. If Guzman gets another big win, a lot more boxing writers will start talking.


As MP's fan, this is really what I don't want to happen. What's with the so-called wins (belts and everything) when the boxer is perceived in boxing history as ducking worthy opponents.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:46 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 3:42 pm
Posts: 1378
jbowyer wrote:
That being said, I admit that Pac Guevera has a point that Guzman and Marquez do not offer Pac as much as other opponents out there in terms of money and belts, at least not right now. That could change very quickly though. Both guys are potentially one fight away from being in good positions. It will be interesting to see how this all shakes out. I really hope that Manny does not open himself up for the kind of criticism that Mayweather is rightfully receiving right now. He's been borderline ducking Guzman for some time. If Guzman gets another big win, a lot more boxing writers will start talking.

Obviously for JMM and Guzman, calling out MP right now has not become effective. Though I cannot blame MP for that cause there really is more opportunity for MP to fight others rather than them. As many would say "Time for Pacman to collect some belts", it would rather be better for MP right now to fight the likes of DD, Casa, and Nate(LW title belt holders). But this doesn't mean Guzman and JMM fight should not happen too for I really want to see Pac fight them. However, Team Pacman seems to have lined-up Pac's future opponents and JMM and Guzman looks far from the line. So if both wants to fight MP, it's them who really should do something about this. They have to beat MP's future opponents to get a shot with MP. JMM and Guzman are doing it right cuz they are now challenging Nate. The question is, who is the first to get a fight with Nate and what will the other do if one of them has been chosen to fight against Nate?

_________________
"This is some prospect Bobby.
To me, he is every bit as exciting as Prince Naseem Hamed"
- Jim Lampley


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 11:03 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 3:42 pm
Posts: 1378
LightSpeed wrote:
jbowyer wrote:
LightSpeed wrote:
Actually if you will try to trace back our conversations, the guy you quoted was starting a new topic in answer to my analogy before. I just didn't bother to answer it so as not be off-topic. You may want to read our previous conversations. :mrgreen:


... I really hope that Manny does not open himself up for the kind of criticism that Mayweather is rightfully receiving right now. He's been borderline ducking Guzman for some time. If Guzman gets another big win, a lot more boxing writers will start talking.


As MP's fan, this is really what I don't want to happen. What's with the so-called wins (belts and everything) when the boxer is perceived in boxing history as ducking worthy opponents.

Oh yes, Guzman and JMM are MP's worthy opponents. But if we look at MP's status right now, he has multiple choices to fight with so it's not him who should go to them - it should be the other way. Anyway, MP will always have a fight against them even if MP losses to his fights. Let's just give him an opportunity to get some belts for he fairly to deserves to get a shot with these. If both want to fight MP right now, they should get those belts first b4 MP gets it. :D

_________________
"This is some prospect Bobby.
To me, he is every bit as exciting as Prince Naseem Hamed"
- Jim Lampley


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 12:28 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:53 am
Posts: 1187
RepublicaEnemyNo.1 wrote:
[size=150]JMM is apparently moving to Lightweight because only of the Pacman and him alone. Marquez must have already admitted to himself that he is Pacquiao's dog since a dog is someone who follows its owner wherever he goes. Why does JMM have to do that and be very vocal about it? Can't he carve out a name for himself by making his own boxing destiny? I think what he is doing is something that Mexican fight fans ought to be ashamed about...





juan manuel marquez has the right to challenge pacquiao for
another exciting fight. marquez deserves another opportunity
as the first and second matches were deemed a very closed
decision that could have gone either way.

I agree with marquez, not because of his attitude or personality,
but because his claim is justified.

bob arum has to protech his asset with reason of financial gain
he'll profit whenever he negotiates fight for pacman. businessman talaga.

aihihihi!!! :lol:

baklita





Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 12:31 am 
Offline
Welterweight

Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:57 am
Posts: 398
JMM, Guzman, Campbell, Casamayor ... you're talking about fighters in their 30's. While their skills remain on a competitive level, it's really a race against father time in their quest for a fight with Pacquiao. If Pacquiao fight them a few more years down the road and win, it's gonna be an empty victory 'cuz people will say he won over washed-up fighters. Fighting these guys in the immediate future and beating them will add more luster to Pacquiaoa's storied career.

However, Pacquiao is also racing against father time. He started fighting when he was 16 years old and with the pace and quality of opponents he had faced, only God knows how much gas is left in his tank. Remember, his last two bouts were technical fights and not the brawl fans used to see him fight. It might be a tactical plan to add more mileage to his career by avoiding more wear and tear to his body. We'll have a fairly good assessment of his performance in this fight against David Diaz. Team Pacquiao seems to look forward to greater glory by pursuing a fight with Hatton.

I agree that fans want Pacquiao to fight JMM, Guzman, Campbell, Casamayor, Katsidis, Juan Diaz, Edwin Valero, Chris John, and Amir Khan, not necessarily in that order, but as the song says, Pacquiao "has the world on a string and he's sitting in a rainbow." He is perched atop a very enviable position. It's going to be not only who is the highest bidder, but it will also be who is the less risky opponent. Because in the long run, who would like to kill the goose that lays the golden eggs? Boxing still needs the top-grossing fighter right now. And so do the promoters and managers whose cash registers light up whenever Pacquiao fights. Let's just hope all involved in this business called sweet science will heed the clamor of the paying consumers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 1:32 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:59 am
Posts: 8807
jbowyer wrote:
Pac Guevarra wrote:
JMM can stop boxing right now and nobody will miss him (except a few JMM nut-lickers like you, but it won't matter). Manny on the other hand is "da man" and it does not matter who he fights and will still sell, but you can't say that to JMM except if he's fighting Manny. i hope you get this printed in your pea brain of yours, but if you still can't i won't be surprise. lol


Boxing has been around for hundreds of years. When he finally retires, Manny will be missed, but if the world of boxing can get over Joe Louis, Sugar Ray Robinson, and Muhammed Ali, it can certainly move on without Pac. Other fighters will take Pac's place and sell fights. Pac might be "da man" right now, but that could change pretty quickly. Just ask Mike Tyson.

i'm talking about the present situation dude!

_________________
Manny Pacquiao did not just open the door, but the entire border for our Filipino boxers, trainers, promoters, sports writers and even the Pinoy boxing fans to the boxing world to be reckoned with. Pac Yo Da Man!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 1:39 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:59 am
Posts: 8807
jbowyer wrote:
LightSpeed wrote:
Actually if you will try to trace back our conversations, the guy you quoted was starting a new topic in answer to my analogy before. I just didn't bother to answer it so as not be off-topic. You may want to read our previous conversations. :mrgreen:


Yes, interesting logic. A lot of fighters are calling out Pac right now. I'm not sure why some people have a problem with Marquez and Guzman doing the same. Marquez and his people cried a bit too much after the decision, but I kinda respect the guy for pushing so hard for a rematch. He may never get one, but you can't fault him for trying. And I don't think it's all about the money for Marquez. As for Guzman, he's been denied his chance so many times, it's hard not to feel a little sorry for the guy. Every single year a potential break-out fight has slipped through his fingers (Larios, Harrison, Katsidis, Arthur).

That being said, I admit that Pac Guevera has a point that Guzman and Marquez do not offer Pac as much as other opponents out there in terms of money and belts, at least not right now. That could change very quickly though. Both guys are potentially one fight away from being in good positions. It will be interesting to see how this all shakes out. I really hope that Manny does not open himself up for the kind of criticism that Mayweather is rightfully receiving right now. He's been borderline ducking Guzman for some time. If Guzman gets another big win, a lot more boxing writers will start talking.

thank you for getting my point.

_________________
Manny Pacquiao did not just open the door, but the entire border for our Filipino boxers, trainers, promoters, sports writers and even the Pinoy boxing fans to the boxing world to be reckoned with. Pac Yo Da Man!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 1:46 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:59 am
Posts: 8807
FloatLikeAButterfly wrote:
jbowyer wrote:
That being said, I admit that Pac Guevera has a point that Guzman and Marquez do not offer Pac as much as other opponents out there in terms of money and belts, at least not right now. That could change very quickly though. Both guys are potentially one fight away from being in good positions. It will be interesting to see how this all shakes out. I really hope that Manny does not open himself up for the kind of criticism that Mayweather is rightfully receiving right now. He's been borderline ducking Guzman for some time. If Guzman gets another big win, a lot more boxing writers will start talking.

Obviously for JMM and Guzman, calling out MP right now has not become effective. Though I cannot blame MP for that cause there really is more opportunity for MP to fight others rather than them. As many would say "Time for Pacman to collect some belts", it would rather be better for MP right now to fight the likes of DD, Casa, and Nate(LW title belt holders). But this doesn't mean Guzman and JMM fight should not happen too for I really want to see Pac fight them. However, Team Pacman seems to have lined-up Pac's future opponents and JMM and Guzman looks far from the line. So if both wants to fight MP, it's them who really should do something about this. They have to beat MP's future opponents to get a shot with MP. JMM and Guzman are doing it right cuz they are now challenging Nate. The question is, who is the first to get a fight with Nate and what will the other do if one of them has been chosen to fight against Nate?


thank you too for getting my point.

_________________
Manny Pacquiao did not just open the door, but the entire border for our Filipino boxers, trainers, promoters, sports writers and even the Pinoy boxing fans to the boxing world to be reckoned with. Pac Yo Da Man!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 3:07 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:59 am
Posts: 8807
LightSpeed wrote:
FloatLikeAButterfly wrote:
Pac Guevarra wrote:
puchugging puchugging pachugging...
what's with that lame name-calling? wtf are you a 3rd grader? lol
also, do not use my logic coz' you can't grasp it however hard you try, so do yourself a favor and stop. [b]you can't use my argument for JMM bcoz' JMM is not Manny
, JMM can stop boxing right now and nobody will miss him (except a few JMM nut-lickers like you, but it won't matter). Manny on the other hand is "da man" and it does not matter who he fights and will still sell, but you can't say that to JMM except if he's fighting Manny. i hope you get this printed in your pea brain of yours, but if you still can't i won't be surprise. lol[/b]

What a logic? Campbell is called stupid if he chooses to fight JMM instead of MP. JMM is called stupid if he chooses to fight MP instead of Guzman. A fight with MP is a wise decision, but if JMM and Guzman wants to fight MP, they are called stupid.


In logic, there's such thing as analogy. Actually it's so basic that I don't have to explain it here. Well I doubt if Pac Guevarra knows it. You see, he even has the guts to label me as the one with pea brain and a 3rd grader. :lol: :lol: :lol: Anyway I guess no matter how hard we try, the guy has no logic to begin with so why bother... :mrgreen:


as i've stated before, i won't be surprised if you didn't get it and you seem to not dissapoint me at all. lol!

_________________
Manny Pacquiao did not just open the door, but the entire border for our Filipino boxers, trainers, promoters, sports writers and even the Pinoy boxing fans to the boxing world to be reckoned with. Pac Yo Da Man!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 7:42 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:15 am
Posts: 4473
Location: Just where I wanna be
who let the dogs outttt..... woof! woof! woof!!!....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
pang IT na... pang telecoms pa!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:34 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:58 pm
Posts: 3361
Location: PH-SA-SG-PH
Pac Guevarra wrote:
LightSpeed wrote:
FloatLikeAButterfly wrote:
What a logic? Campbell is called stupid if he chooses to fight JMM instead of MP. JMM is called stupid if he chooses to fight MP instead of Guzman. A fight with MP is a wise decision, but if JMM and Guzman wants to fight MP, they are called stupid.


In logic, there's such thing as analogy. Actually it's so basic that I don't have to explain it here. Well I doubt if Pac Guevarra knows it. You see, he even has the guts to label me as the one with pea brain and a 3rd grader. :lol: :lol: :lol: Anyway I guess no matter how hard we try, the guy has no logic to begin with so why bother... :mrgreen:


as i've stated before, i won't be surprised if you didn't get it and you seem to not dissapoint me at all. lol!


On the contrary, I did get your point. I just didn't discuss it because you were just leaving the analogy I used before.

Anyway, the posters before you in this particular thread had pointed it well and I have no trouble with their take on these things. What I'm driving at is when I used some analogy, you simply ducked the issue. Let me repeat again what I said: at first we were talking about MP's opponent. And when I used it as an analogy, you simply abandoned it to talk about MP.

If still you didn't get it, it's up to you. :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:36 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:58 pm
Posts: 3361
Location: PH-SA-SG-PH
Pac Guevarra wrote:
FloatLikeAButterfly wrote:
Pac Guevarra wrote:
puchugging puchugging pachugging...
what's with that lame name-calling? wtf are you a 3rd grader? lol
also, do not use my logic coz' you can't grasp it however hard you try, so do yourself a favor and stop. you can't use my argument for JMM bcoz' JMM is not Manny, JMM can stop boxing right now and nobody will miss him (except a few JMM nut-lickers like you, but it won't matter). Manny on the other hand is "da man" and it does not matter who he fights and will still sell, but you can't say that to JMM except if he's fighting Manny. i hope you get this printed in your pea brain of yours, but if you still can't i won't be surprise. lol

What a logic? Campbell is called stupid if he chooses to fight JMM instead of MP. JMM is called stupid if he chooses to fight MP instead of Guzman. A fight with MP is a wise decision, but if JMM and Guzman wants to fight MP, they are called stupid.

hay naku! lol


A one-liner just to avoid the issue, oh my :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:49 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:59 am
Posts: 8807
LightSpeed wrote:
Pac Guevarra wrote:
LightSpeed wrote:
In logic, there's such thing as analogy. Actually it's so basic that I don't have to explain it here. Well I doubt if Pac Guevarra knows it. You see, he even has the guts to label me as the one with pea brain and a 3rd grader. :lol: :lol: :lol: Anyway I guess no matter how hard we try, the guy has no logic to begin with so why bother... :mrgreen:


as i've stated before, i won't be surprised if you didn't get it and you seem to not dissapoint me at all. lol!


On the contrary, I did get your point. I just didn't discuss it because you were just leaving the analogy I used before.

Anyway, the posters before you in this particular thread had pointed it well and I have no trouble with their take on these things. What I'm driving at is when I used some analogy, you simply ducked the issue. Let me repeat again what I said: at first we were talking about MP's opponent. And when I used it as an analogy, you simply abandoned it to talk about MP.

If still you didn't get it, it's up to you. :lol: :lol: :lol:


thank you! :hammer:

_________________
Manny Pacquiao did not just open the door, but the entire border for our Filipino boxers, trainers, promoters, sports writers and even the Pinoy boxing fans to the boxing world to be reckoned with. Pac Yo Da Man!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:14 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:58 pm
Posts: 3361
Location: PH-SA-SG-PH
Pac Guevarra wrote:
LightSpeed wrote:

On the contrary, I did get your point. I just didn't discuss it because you were just leaving the analogy I used before.
Anyway, the posters before you in this particular thread had pointed it well and I have no trouble with their take on these things. What I'm driving at is when I used some analogy, you simply ducked the issue. Let me repeat again what I said: at first we were talking about MP's opponent. And when I used it as an analogy, you simply abandoned it to talk about MP.If still you didn't get it, it's up to you. :lol: :lol: :lol:


thank you! :hammer:


Ok you are welcome. Of course, I did get your point. However it's not the answer to the point I was trying to touch and which you started. The problem is you didn't get my point and simply avoided it by presenting another issue.

If you want to close this by not answering them anymore, that's ok. :hammer:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:57 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 9:57 pm
Posts: 4144
Location: Starfish Island, Vice City
LightSpeed wrote:
Pac Guevarra wrote:
LightSpeed wrote:

On the contrary, I did get your point. I just didn't discuss it because you were just leaving the analogy I used before.
Anyway, the posters before you in this particular thread had pointed it well and I have no trouble with their take on these things. What I'm driving at is when I used some analogy, you simply ducked the issue. Let me repeat again what I said: at first we were talking about MP's opponent. And when I used it as an analogy, you simply abandoned it to talk about MP.If still you didn't get it, it's up to you. :lol: :lol: :lol:


thank you! :hammer:


Ok you are welcome. Of course, I did get your point. However it's not the answer to the point I was trying to touch and which you started. The problem is you didn't get my point and simply avoided it by presenting another issue.

If you want to close this by not answering them anymore, that's ok. :hammer:


Has he lost any answers for you? Sometimes this is the reason why the treads are so long - NOT answering the question by the other members.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group