Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:55 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: JMM #2 P4P ???
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:19 am 
Lightweight

the Pac-JMM two fight was so close that it could have gone either way and JMM also stated that even Filipino boxing experts think that he won the fight. but hey it was a close fight JMM was KD once and Pac was school in counter punching 101 and a draw would have been acceptable so if Pac is #1 then JMM should be at #2. :smoke:

1.Pac
2.JMM
3.Calzaghe
4.Hopkins

Post subject: Re: JMM #2 P4P ???
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:29 am 
Middleweight

yeah right...

I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. - Michael Jordan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:54 am 
Flyweight

†CHRISTIAN† wrote:
the Pac-JMM two fight was so close that it could have gone either way and JMM also stated that even Filipino boxing experts think that he won the fight. but hey it was a close fight JMM was KD once and Pac was school in counter punching 101 and a draw would have been acceptable so if Pac is #1 then JMM should be at #2. :smoke:

1.Pac
2.JMM
3.Calzaghe
4.Hopkins

If pac was schooled in counter-punching then why was jmm knocked down by a counter left hook. :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:02 am 
Heavyweight

Medgoen Singsurat must be number 1, he koed manny pacquiao. LOL

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:08 am 
Heavyweight

jmm will remain as number 2 because golden boy will move heaven and earth for a pac-jmm rematch.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:25 pm 
Welterweight

†CHRISTIAN† wrote:

1.Pac
2.JMM
3.Calzaghe
4.Hopkins

What if i move your head and shove it up your ***.

1. Your Face
2. Your ***

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:36 pm 
Light Heavyweight

in my opinion i think JMM doesnt deserve to be on the top 5 pound for pound list....

guys imaginin nyo what if JMM fought a fighter na counter puncher din.. what will happen kaya? i think its going to be a very boring fight.

my P4P are the following : calzaghe, pacman, cotto, pavlik, and hopkins

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:46 pm 
Middleweight

Christian - These P4P rankings are subjective. I think a valid case could be made for Marquez at #2. Then again, I think you could just as easily argue that other guys deserve to be there (Calzaghe, Vasquez, Cotto and Pavlik). I think the latest Ring P4P list is really in flux right now. I'll be interested to see how it looks in November.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:47 pm 

JMM is at number 3 right now. He can start earning a higher position if he works on it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:01 pm 
Middleweight

†CHRISTIAN† wrote:

1.Pac
2.JMM
3.Calzaghe
4.Hopkins

Get over with it dude, the ranking does not base on one fight alone. Calzaghe is the one next to Manny since, and not because JMM had near win with Manny would make him no.2, it doesn’t go like that.

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:10 pm 
Middleweight

vhotsok wrote:
Get over with it dude, the ranking does not base on one fight alone. Calzaghe is the one next to Manny since, and not because JMM had near win with Manny would make him no.2, it doesn’t go like that.

You make it seem like there are strict rules to P4P rankings. There are not. It does not "go" like anything. There are a multitude of P4P ranking out there. The Ring magazine ranking is the most "official", but I would have no problem if some other list ranked Marquez #2.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:56 pm 
Middleweight

jbowyer wrote:
vhotsok wrote:

You make it seem like there are strict rules to P4P rankings. There are not. It does not "go" like anything. There are a multitude of P4P ranking out there. The Ring magazine ranking is the most "official", but I would have no problem if some other list ranked Marquez #2.

I did not mean to say that there are strict rules in P4P rankings, maybe my post seems to be like that, but actually what I was pointing out was that in majority of all P4P lists, Calzaghe tops over Marquez in # 2 position and yeah the TS seemingly believe that since Manny is # 1 now and JMM had a very close fight with Manny, JMM should obviously become # 2. Where as I don’t agree with that idea alone, that's why I said "It doesn’t go like that".

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:08 pm 
Lightweight

what if Pac-JMM II ended in a draw? :smoke:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:25 pm 
Middleweight

†CHRISTIAN† wrote:

talking about the rankings, if PAC-JMM 2 ended as a draw..the ranking still the same Manny on top over JMM :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:55 pm 
Heavyweight

†CHRISTIAN† wrote:

Their first fight ended in a draw and still JMM is struggling to lodge in top ten. JMM tasted the canvass and lossed via SD in the 2nd fight, his ranking should now be lowered in the top 20.