Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:57 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:26 am 
Light Heavyweight

ARKAN wrote:
There's a statement at the bottom of the now missing article which states to the effect that an official statement on Koncz dismissal from Pacquiao himself will soon be issued. Maybe the official statement is not forthcoming or the alleged dismissal is entirely untrue. Baka nakuryente tayo dito. I found it strange though that alleged sources quoted by Piñol are from Cebu City of all places. The only people from that city who have access to Team Pacquiao are Gerry Peñalosa and Boss Shiva and I don't know if they are really close confidants of Manny himself.

really doubt it sir...

maybe the source is WS... :D :D :D

now he's a very credible source...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:46 am 
Heavyweight

ninong-quatro katorse wrote:
ARKAN wrote:
There's a statement at the bottom of the now missing article which states to the effect that an official statement on Koncz dismissal from Pacquiao himself will soon be issued. Maybe the official statement is not forthcoming or the alleged dismissal is entirely untrue. Baka nakuryente tayo dito. I found it strange though that alleged sources quoted by Piñol are from Cebu City of all places. The only people from that city who have access to Team Pacquiao are Gerry Peñalosa and Boss Shiva and I don't know if they are really close confidants of Manny himself.

really doubt it sir...

that's more like it.. i think he has also a beef with koncz. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:00 am 
Cruiserweight

That ***er mismanaged the careers of several Pinoy pugs, starting with Diosdado Gabi, and hasn't stopped.....hopefully, this is the end of the Koncz saga, at least with his involvement with Manny, and the rest of the Pinoy fighters....

We don't need a non-Pinoy to do this......we can screw things up all by ourselves.... :D :shock: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:47 am 
Middleweight

Let the PEDS, steriods and HGH accusations begin!

"I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!" Gal. 2:21

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:12 am 
Cruiserweight

ninong-quatro katorse wrote:
ARKAN wrote:

really doubt it sir...

My guess? - prolly one of the prominent CEBUPACS.....just don't know which one.... :D :) :shock:

Hell, maybe even Mod DaBizz..... :lol: :D 8) He's been needing to fill up his time, besides playing golf full-time in the islands.....he he he

Peace tayo, Bai Mod..... :D :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:35 am 
Heavyweight

"WTF! :banghead: " -Manny Piñol

(after reading the news this morning) :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:11 pm 
Heavyweight

wonder who the credible sources are :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:19 pm 
Heavyweight

inimus wrote:
Why it took 5 years before Manny learned that Koncz is sabotaging his company and the fighters? That is almost equivalent to two congressional terms. That is not a good sign. How about managing a province since, he will run for a governor? It is bankrupt before he knew it.
Hearsay , ingit lang ang mga crabs :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:21 pm 
Light Heavyweight

really doubt it sir...
now he's a very credible source...[/quote]
that's more like it.. i think he has also a beef with koncz. :)[/quote]

From what I'd read, people around MP try to get favors or money from him, just like Philip Salvador? who tried to borrow money from MP, and MK probably told MP to turn him down, so Philip gave MK a right hook.
Honestly, this power play is so prevalent in our society.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:18 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Manny can never fire Koncz. He knows too much about Manny's secrets. The steroids, the girls that Manny sees while in LA, money dealings ,gun smuggling by Manny's friends, etc.

''my tongue is the strongest part of my body... It can lift mountains by just l!cking on its cave''

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:58 pm 
Heavyweight

bigbanglefthand wrote:
Manny can never fire Koncz. He knows too much about Manny's secrets. The steroids, the girls that Manny sees while in LA, money dealings ,gun smuggling by Manny's friends, etc.

If what you say is true, Konks would be dead by now. His body lying cemented inside a drum and nowhere to be found. Don't forget Singson, Erap and the Marcoses are now his political allies. :D

"Marcos, Hitler, Diktador, TUTA. Patalsikin ang bangkay ni Marcos sa LNMB". PATALSIKIN!!!
____

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:42 am 
Heavyweight

Koncz may not be fired but the storm clouds are building
July 19th, 2011
Brad Cooney
The rumors are flying, the articles are being written, and the denials are surfacing. Let's take a look at the report that Pacquiao adviser Michael Koncz has been fired. I have been sitting on the sideline reading up on these reports and decided to reach out to my Pacquiao inside sources (which are really good ones) for some answers. Most of you boxing fans know that over the years I have developed a friendship with Freddie Roach and have gotten to know most of the Pacquiao team, including Manny himself. I hesitate to jump on rumors and report things that don't have merit.

The Koncz story in my opinion shouldn't be quickly dismissed. Has he been fired by Manny Pacquiao? This part is still unclear, but I will say that there are some big black storm clouds that are building. Why is it that Michael Koncz is not in the Philippines right now? My sources informed me that Koncz has been told not to come to the Philippines for 5 months. My sources also informed me that money is indeed missing from Manny Pacquiao's piggy bank, and the pound for pound king is demanding answers as to where that money is. Questions have also been raised concerning PPV money that allegedly never showed up in the Pacquiao piggy bank.

If it's true that Koncz has been instructed to stay out of the Philippines, the question is why? Sources tell me that Pacquiao has a few new people in his inner circle over there that have his better interest at heart. Those new people want Koncz away from Pacquiao until they can sort out and investigate, to basically get to the bottom of things and find answers to Pacquiao's questions.

There's a saying in America, "Keep your friends close and keep your enemies closer" and that appears to fit in this case like a glove. Pure speculation on my part, but a theory could be that Koncz has too much access to Manny Pacquiao's financial machine and he probably has many business deals, and or shared projects with Pacquiao that makes it very difficult for Manny to up and fire him. With that said, these storm clouds that are indeed building over the head of Koncz may very well drop rain and lighting in the near future.

Greed is one of the ingredients that has led to wars and the breakdown of many relationships throughout the world's history. In this case it appears as if greed may once again rear it's ugly head and time will tell what the fallout will be.

On the flip, there are a lot of people out there who would love to take Michael Koncz' job. Is it possible that all of this is a trumped up rumor in order to build up momentum so that Koncz can get fired? I would say that it's possible, but it's not probable. History tells us that whenever a person reaches the level of financial freedom that Manny Pacquiao has, there is usually at least one person that ends up being exposed as a thief and tossed out of the circle. Is Koncz that person? Only a very few people know for sure, but usually where there is smoke there is fire.

Read more articles by Brad Cooney

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:39 am 
Heavyweight

Hardknocks Journalism 101

PhilBoxing.com
20 Jul 2011

At age 57 and having been a journalist since 17, I can safely claim that I have grown my spurs as a newsman.

Not counting the 15 years as an accidental politician, I would dare say that the 25 years I spent in journalism have honed my news senses to the point of being able to keenly discern what is newsworthy, what is not; what story would interest the reader, what would not; which sources to rely on, which sources to doubt.

I played the reporter's game of "scoop" and "koryente" (false alarm) long before many of the current crop of younger journalists learned how to lick their pacifiers.

In my younger days, reporters would proudly crow in the morning when they were able to print a story that the other reporters failed to get. In journalism that is called a "scoop."

But there were days too, when these same guys would prefer to be like chameleon and adapt to the color of their typewriters when they became victims of a "koryente" or electrocution, which was basically writing a story based on false or made up information.

I had my fair share of both. A scoop was exhilirating while a "koryente" made one feel sick like there was a bagful of marbles stuck in the gut.

Three weeks ago, I wrote a story about Nonito Donaire Jr.'s return to Top Rank which appeared in The Manila Times and also posted on http://www.philboxing.com. It was titled "Return of the Prodigal Son: Donaire Back to Top Rank."

A young writer immediately came up with a story denying that report and even obliquely lectured me on how to gather information correctly by using a videocam and a tape recorder. He went on to suggest that for reliable information, readers would be safer by getting it from him.

Four days ago, he virtually stuffed his feet into his mouth when he came up with an "official" announcement from Donaire himself that indeed he was returning to Top Rank.

There were several lessons in news gathering and reporting that I learned as a young scribe.

First, if you want to get a first hand story, get it from the subject himself. If you want to get the other side of his story, go to his detractors. Second, never report a story when you are not sure of its accuracy but then again, when somebody beats you to a story, never come up with a denial unless you are also very sure of your version.

Which brings us now to the brewing storm caused by a column I wrote about the fall from grace of Michael Koncz, Manny Pacquiao's erstwhile business advisor and spokesman, who also served as the go-between for the Pacman and his promoter, Bob Arum.

After a lull of about 10 hours, Koncz denied the firing in an interview with another boxing website saying he had talked to Manny and even joked with him while Arum was quoted by the Ring Magazine in an interview saying he talked to journalist Ronnie Nathanielsz who said Manny laughed loud when asked about the "firing" of Koncz.

Bob Arum was even quoted as saying that Koncz is very reliable when it comes to financial dealings because he reports to Manny Pacquiao every penny earned by the Filipino boxing icon.

I find it strange that the frantic denial of the firing would come from both Bob Arum and Top Rank publicist Lee Samuels. Whose guy is Koncz' anyway, Pacquiao's or Top Rank's?

Strange too is the fact that while Manny Pacquiao seems to be taking everything in stride, Koncz and Top Rank are the ones issuing statements on behalf of the Pacman.

Ronnie Nathanielsz' story about Manny Pacquiao saying in jest that it was his lawyer, Jeng Gacal, who made up the story and then later adding that he was just joking was very revealing.

I have not seen or talked to Manny for sometime now, but if I know him, his light-hearted reaction to Ronnie's probing question of whether he really fired Koncz or not, implied a more profound message.

What was funny too was Bob Arum's belabored explanation on how Koncz made sure that every penny that Manny Pacquiao earned was given to the boxing icon.

Is Bob giving us an idea of what this issue is all about? I never mentioned "money problems" in my column.

Was my story just a product of my imagination? Did I just make it up because that is what all the denials seem to suggest?

Or was I a victim of a "koryente?"

Well, I cannot claim to be infallible or even immune from the old game of "koryente" but I can assure the readers that the story came from a very reliable source who gave me accurate stories in the past and there is no reason for me to even doubt its veracity.

The details and the account were so vivid and there was no way I could ignore the story.

In fact, if I were to believe the source, this is just the tip of the iceberg of what could be a development of cataclysmic proportions.

In the days, or perhaps weeks, to come, more developments are expected to unfold which will radically change the landscape of the mythical Pacland.

But let me warn the readers, this story could take twists and turns given the magnitude of its repercussions. They could talk and come up with a compromise.

As fellow philboxing.com columnist Homer Sayson suggested, I may have jumped the gun on an unfolding drama.

I will not be surprised if along the way, powerful and unseen hands will be able to iron out the kinks and make it appear as though nothing really happened.

Oh, I have witnessed many of these dramas in my lifetime.