Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:02 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:30 am 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:45 am
Posts: 986
Location: baguio city
labonilcny wrote:
... first and foremost, manny has indicated he will fight anyone in his weightclass as he is a professional fighter.....2nd for the record, jmm was the one avoiding manny.. after their controversial draw with Joe cortez officiating... the rematch could have happened sooner.. they were at 125lbs then ,with marquez holding the WBA, IBF belt...everyone knows that the crowd drawer is manny, with or without the belt, and yet JMM asked for so high a fee it became unviable for the promoter (maybe he did it on purpose)... it is highly unusual because he instead went to Indonesia to fight a then ,unknown, chris John who surprisingly beat him via a unanimous decision for a fee which was way,way lower than what was offered to him for a rematch with pac. in that fight, he had point deductions in rd 10 & 11 for repeated low blows (desperation in a losing fight) the referee was guillermo perez... therefore, he is not a dangerous gamble for manny... if he really wants to fight manny, then, THEN THEY FIGHT AT 135lbs NON-TITLE fight since, there are already champions in that division with manny getting the larger purse ,as he deserves it and jmm gets the lesser purse as he is not the crowd drawer and he does not hold the belt in lightweight, so he cannot complain if ,he gets the lesser purse and make it viable for promoters, with a better common sense then, this fight will happen, AGAIN MAYBE, JMM will avoid him again.. if he loses he keeps his superfeatherweight belts and his mouth shut.. i will not consider him winning(jmm) as manny have improved a lot than, when he was 3 years ago...don't you think so?? just some thoughts bro... :D :D


you write good.. but i think you really don't know the whole story.. i think it's 126lbs.. not 125..
there's no such thing as 125lbs division in boxing..


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:27 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 10:47 pm
Posts: 2179
Location: phils
DEVIL_MAY_CARE wrote:
labonilcny wrote:
... first and foremost, manny has indicated he will fight anyone in his weightclass as he is a professional fighter.....2nd for the record, jmm was the one avoiding manny.. after their controversial draw with Joe cortez officiating... the rematch could have happened sooner.. they were at 125lbs then ,with marquez holding the WBA, IBF belt...everyone knows that the crowd drawer is manny, with or without the belt, and yet JMM asked for so high a fee it became unviable for the promoter (maybe he did it on purpose)... it is highly unusual because he instead went to Indonesia to fight a then ,unknown, chris John who surprisingly beat him via a unanimous decision for a fee which was way,way lower than what was offered to him for a rematch with pac. in that fight, he had point deductions in rd 10 & 11 for repeated low blows (desperation in a losing fight) the referee was guillermo perez... therefore, he is not a dangerous gamble for manny... if he really wants to fight manny, then, THEN THEY FIGHT AT 135lbs NON-TITLE fight since, there are already champions in that division with manny getting the larger purse ,as he deserves it and jmm gets the lesser purse as he is not the crowd drawer and he does not hold the belt in lightweight, so he cannot complain if ,he gets the lesser purse and make it viable for promoters, with a better common sense then, this fight will happen, AGAIN MAYBE, JMM will avoid him again.. if he loses he keeps his superfeatherweight belts and his mouth shut.. i will not consider him winning(jmm) as manny have improved a lot than, when he was 3 years ago...don't you think so?? just some thoughts bro... :D :D


you write good.. but i think you really don't know the whole story.. i think it's 126lbs.. not 125..
there's no such thing as 125lbs division in boxing..

it seems that he's referring to the weight of manny and marquez during the weigh in of their fight. i think they both scale at 125 lbs. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:19 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:44 am
Posts: 1440
Location: New York
Manny have been gambling in and out of ring since he went to US soil to test his skills. So far, he's been winning so stop this non-sense.

_________________
"It is possible to fly without motors but not without skill and knowledge" Wilbur Wright 1904


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:38 pm 
Offline
Featherweight

Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:42 am
Posts: 61
I just watch agin the first MP vs JMM and I think Manny won that fight with a unanimous decision, kahit sabihin mong nakabalik ng kaunti si AMrquez on some rounds, and ang alam ko nagkamali lang talaga yung mga judges, and they Baadmit it, and that was Manny with un enhanced skills yet compared today. Kaya mahirap kalaban si Pacquaio because of his sometime orthodox stance and he is lefty.
I think he will beat MMP just like MAB if it goes to distance. , HE SHOULD BE THE UNDISPUTED SUPER FEATHERWEIGHT CHAMPION FIRST THEN MOVE TO LIGHT WEIGHT!. Yun ngalang minsan kasi mahirap pag pera na ang usapan.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:58 pm 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:10 am
Posts: 726
If Manny became serious about fighting again he would have an excellent chance at beating Marquez but as it stands now, Manny is ducking JMM. Manny hasn't fought a tough opponent since he won Figher of the Year in 2006. His two fights this year were not very inspiring for those of us know what the Pacman is truly capable of doing. Father Time only gives world class athletes a relatively short period when they are truly dominant and then some youngster comes along and takes over. Manny should stop wasting his talents and his time.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:22 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight

Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:40 pm
Posts: 1360
bol-anon nga cebuano wrote:
lawa_lang.. wrote:
DEVIL_MAY_CARE wrote:
Marquez is very dangerous gamble for manny... its better for manny to fight a loser again...
he can collect again millions of peso and not risk his popularity..



True, maybe marquez be dangerous to pacman, yet false to pacman better fight a loser again, as it better yet said pacman be fighting other elite/more exciting fighters again

pacman loves to gamble, so why worry about the risk when he himself knows what's the best for him. this time, marquez is no longer capable of duplicating the feat he did the first time they fought. marquez is getting older and slower. he can still box and counterpunch well but i don't see him winning against pacman. if he was able to get up 3 times and salvage a draw the last time, this time it will be different.
Then ,why afraid of fighting Him ?? Lets do it , as you said is a walk in the park for Pacquita .


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:26 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight

Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:40 pm
Posts: 1360
labonilcny wrote:
... first and foremost, manny has indicated he will fight anyone in his weightclass as he is a professional fighter.....2nd for the record, jmm was the one avoiding manny.. after their controversial draw with Joe cortez officiating... the rematch could have happened sooner.. they were at 125lbs then ,with marquez holding the WBA, IBF belt...everyone knows that the crowd drawer is manny, with or without the belt, and yet JMM asked for so high a fee it became unviable for the promoter (maybe he did it on purpose)... it is highly unusual because he instead went to Indonesia to fight a then ,unknown, chris John who surprisingly beat him via a unanimous decision for a fee which was way,way lower than what was offered to him for a rematch with pac. in that fight, he had point deductions in rd 10 & 11 for repeated low blows (desperation in a losing fight) the referee was guillermo perez... therefore, he is not a dangerous gamble for manny... if he really wants to fight manny, then, THEN THEY FIGHT AT 135lbs NON-TITLE fight since, there are already champions in that division with manny getting the larger purse ,as he deserves it and jmm gets the lesser purse as he is not the crowd drawer and he does not hold the belt in lightweight, so he cannot complain if ,he gets the lesser purse and make it viable for promoters, with a better common sense then, this fight will happen, AGAIN MAYBE, JMM will avoid him again.. if he loses he keeps his superfeatherweight belts and his mouth shut.. i will not consider him winning(jmm) as manny have improved a lot than, when he was 3 years ago...don't you think so?? just some thoughts bro... :D :D

You still leving in fantasy? stop crying ,when all of you will stop with your stupid scuses ? why you just dont say , Yes we are afraid ! and thats it , then move for ward .


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:38 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:56 am
Posts: 22313
Location: Paradise
colorcrest wrote:
At this point in time, I don't think that JMM has any chance of winning against MP. But the real gamble here is if MP fails to KO JMM who is known to have no KO power. In case of a re-match, I expect JMM to counter-punch his way and employ hit-and run tactics to avoid MP's power and pray that the fight goes to a decision (a scenario that contributes to boring boxing & even MMA fights). If this happens, MP is definitely risking his marketability and his title as the most exciting fighter today.

JMM does not run.
He already showed how to fight Pac the right way.
You make Pac miss by few inches and counter him.
JMM has never had great feet. What he has is great upper body movement and ring generalship.
If you don't think JMM has no chance to beat Pac at all, you are mistaken.
JMM is definitely a tough match for Pac. Pac would have to dig deep to beat JMM.
It won't be a cake walk.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:48 am 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:45 am
Posts: 986
Location: baguio city
Seamus wrote:
If Manny became serious about fighting again he would have an excellent chance at beating Marquez but as it stands now, Manny is ducking JMM. Manny hasn't fought a tough opponent since he won Figher of the Year in 2006. His two fights this year were not very inspiring for those of us know what the Pacman is truly capable of doing. Father Time only gives world class athletes a relatively short period when they are truly dominant and then some youngster comes along and takes over. Manny should stop wasting his talents and his time.


MANNY is DUCKING JMM?
NAAH.. He is Playing CHICKEN to MARQUEZ.
ALRIGHT? :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:55 am 
Offline
Flyweight

Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:26 am
Posts: 12
JoeyInCali, I guess you're still seeing the MP-JMM fight as it turned out 3 yrs ago. But maybe you did not see in the post-fight interview MP's swollen hand and blistered foot.

And maybe you have not noticed that the trend lately of MP's opponents in the super feather weight division has been disengagement. JMM may not have applied running in the past but this time he may have no choice.

With no apparent improvement in JMM, MP may just have to make sure that his socks are not bought at 99c Store and his fists don't get swollen this time around.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:52 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:56 am
Posts: 22313
Location: Paradise
colorcrest wrote:
JoeyInCali, I guess you're still seeing the MP-JMM fight as it turned out 3 yrs ago. But maybe you did not see in the post-fight interview MP's swollen hand and blistered foot.

And maybe you have not noticed that the trend lately of MP's opponents in the super feather weight division has been disengagement. JMM may not have applied running in the past but this time he may have no choice.

With no apparent improvement in JMM, MP may just have to make sure that his socks are not bought at 99c Store and his fists don't get swollen this time around.

Stop making excuses. Pac's socks and swollen fists did not affect him.
Pac's fists were badly swollen after the second EM fight. They were so swollen he could not shake hands after the fight.
Pac's blistered feet did not affect him. He was still chasing JMM in the 12th round. Problem was JMM was moving at an angle and had Pac timed for the most part all night after the first round.
Pac became left-cross happy after the first round and fought a bad fight after that. Roach even said those knockdowns made Pac throw out the fight plan. Pac then lost the next fight to EM ( after that bum Fahsan ).
Pac should still beat JMM but quit using the socks and swollen fists issue already.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:29 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:10 pm
Posts: 2157
Pac will not fight Marquez. JMM's style can beat Pac.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:32 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:02 am
Posts: 12809
Location: Paradise City
Silverbullet wrote:
Pac will not fight Marquez. JMM's style can beat Pac.


pac style can also put marquez on the canvas 3 times in 1 round :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:32 am 
Offline
Lightweight

Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:58 am
Posts: 149
uh, WHO LOOKED better in their last outing? Marquez looked better in fighting a tough young hungry lion.Unlike Manny fighting an old faded Barrera.Marquez went after the win.Manny let it come to him..let us all down with a boring fight.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:52 am 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 4:56 am
Posts: 963
They all looked old and faded when Manny defeated them? ... ok then. :lol:

_________________
"People like you are the reason people like me need medication."


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group