Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:50 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:11 am 
Light Heavyweight

biglangutot wrote:
Manny doesn't need it. Partida pa yan sa kanila dba?

Not so. Manny is grasping for air in Marquez fight. He's way off compard to Barrera fight.

He should train in Big Bear were Lennox and Barrera trains. This is 8,800ft high. It should be godd enough although JMM is training at 15,000 ft high mountain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:46 am 
Cruiserweight

Sometimes when a boxer knows he cant beat another guy using his skills he just outworks and outrains him so he outlast him. I think that's what JMM is doing and I hope Team PAC realizes that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:23 am 
Cruiserweight

Location: I have my tickets for Heroes Del Silencio's one-night only concert in the USA!!
RebzNgLA wrote:
Sometimes when a boxer knows he cant beat another guy using his skills he just outworks and outrains him so he outlast him. I think that's what JMM is doing and I hope Team PAC realizes that.

Bro, JMM is training very seriously because he respects Pacman. He is not scared nor afraid: He just wants to make sure he does not get floored again. He is not only training to outlast Pacman, but to outbox him as well. He will use his skills to evade Manny's left, and use his superior boxing, technical, and counterpunching skills to make Pacman pay everytime he misses with his lunging punches.
I wonder who has the psychological edge going into the rematch. Pacman knows he floored Marquez three times in the first round. But he also knows that JMM was able to get up, and neutralize that lethal left hand that was inflicting so much damage. Marquez will go into the rematch knowing that he was able to survive that disastrous first round, and was able to neutralize Manny's left, and superbly outboxed him for the remaining rounds.

JMM's first mistake was to fight in a style he was not accustomed to. H e was the agressor in the first round. And we all know what happened..lol. He should execute his usual style right from the opening bell. He has been traning for over a month now at high altitude. Believe me, with Nacho Beristain by his side, I am sure they have figured out a way to almost completely neutralize Manny's most lethal punch. There are some rumors about Manny developing his right hand. Well, I saw the video of his fight against Fahsan, and he missed so many right hands that it was pathetic to see a professional boxer of Manny's stature missing so many punches. Had Marquez been in the ring with Manny last saturday, he would have gotten knocked the **** out as Manny's stamina was terrible. Manny has two months to develope his right hand. However, that is not enough time to perfect it. It takes years of constant practice to develope a devastating punch.
Marquez seems very serious about the rematch. I have also read that pacman is really not focused on his upcoming fight. I truly hope he does not pull a stunt like his chicken brother, Bobby Pacquiao...who faked an injury to avoid facing a tough fighter a few weeks ago. If he does, then Manny can forget about the rematch. It will not happen. Manny has the chance of his life in front of his ****** thick-ass face!!! Is he going to miss the chance at making history? Even if he trains for a year, I think Marquez will always beat Manny from now on. Peace.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:51 am 
Welterweight

heroe_del_silencio wrote:
RebzNgLA wrote:

Bro, JMM is training very seriously because he respects Pacman. He is not scared nor afraid: He just wants to make sure he does not get floored again. He is not only training to outlast Pacman, but to outbox him as well. He will use his skills to evade Manny's left, and use his superior boxing, technical, and counterpunching skills to make Pacman pay everytime he misses with his lunging punches.
I wonder who has the psychological edge going into the rematch. Pacman knows he floored Marquez three times in the first round. But he also knows that JMM was able to get up, and neutralize that lethal left hand that was inflicting so much damage. Marquez will go into the rematch knowing that he was able to survive that disastrous first round, and was able to neutralize Manny's left, and superbly outboxed him for the remaining rounds.

JMM's first mistake was to fight in a style he was not accustomed to. H e was the agressor in the first round. And we all know what happened..lol. He should execute his usual style right from the opening bell. He has been traning for over a month now at high altitude. Believe me, with Nacho Beristain by his side, I am sure they have figured out a way to almost completely neutralize Manny's most lethal punch. There are some rumors about Manny developing his right hand. Well, I saw the video of his fight against Fahsan, and he missed so many right hands that it was pathetic to see a professional boxer of Manny's stature missing so many punches. Had Marquez been in the ring with Manny last saturday, he would have gotten knocked the **** out as Manny's stamina was terrible. Manny has two months to develope his right hand. However, that is not enough time to perfect it. It takes years of constant practice to develope a devastating punch.
Marquez seems very serious about the rematch. I have also read that pacman is really not focused on his upcoming fight. I truly hope he does not pull a stunt like his chicken brother, Bobby Pacquiao...who faked an injury to avoid facing a tough fighter a few weeks ago. If he does, then Manny can forget about the rematch. It will not happen. Manny has the chance of his life in front of his ****** thick-ass face!!! Is he going to miss the chance at making history? Even if he trains for a year, I think Marquez will always beat Manny from now on. Peace.

I agree about his right hand. I thought it was weak. His right hand is more of a distraction than a serious weapon. His "devastating right hook" that he's been working on seemed laughable. Look at the knockout punch against Fahsan, his right hook is just thrown out there as a setup to his left uppercut.

If I were Marquez I wouldn't even worry about Pacquiao's right hand, it's not going to do any damage to him anyway. As long as Marquez focuses his energy on avoiding PacMan's left hand then he will avoid getting knocked out. The only way Marquez loses is by knockout, if it goes the distance I don't see how Manny could win.

However, I think Manny should concentrate more on throwing more left hooks / wide punches instead of just straight lefts. His winging left in the 1st round is the one that broke Marquez's nose. His left uppercut vs Fahsan was AMAZING. You couldn't even really see the punch land in regular speed because it was so fast! I could only see it clearly land when watching the slow motion clip.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:12 am 
Light Heavyweight

***** HEROE
-------------------

JOKE OF THE DAY!!! ha ha ha nice one heroe.. more jokes heroe!! :drinking:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:12 am 

noob wrote:
how about in MT EVEREST

On top of Mayon or Taal volcano? come on let's get serious here :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:14 am 

noob wrote:
how about in MT EVEREST

On top of Mayon or Taal volcano? come on let's get serious here :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:25 am 
Heavyweight

biglangutot wrote:
Manny doesn't need it. Partida pa yan sa kanila dba?

partida sa imong nawung! hapit na gani mapildi partidahan pa gyud! unsa na si manny, kaon bato, libang hollow blocks? patay man gani ang panday pacquiao pa kaha?! ayaw kumpyansa 'tor! peace... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:28 am 
Cruiserweight

RebzNgLA wrote:

So you're finally admitting that he beat him the last time. Good for you...

Maybe he's training harder because it wasn't enough the last time. If Manny comes in in shape like in the Barrera fight I think Marquez is toast. Remember Barrera was a great counter puncher too and don't tell me that crap about it wasnt really him. He's experienced enough to know that you have to prepare every fight.

I agree his right needs a lot more work but if your nose gets broken like that the first time don't you think you'll think twice to go toe to toe? I think JMM will run that night and that would be a sad ending to a highly skilled technical boxer's career who never really beat any marquee names and just camp on his belt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:35 am 
Heavyweight

RebzNgLA wrote:

I think with the way JMM fought Salido at the MGM... you can safe to say that MANNY has the edge here... I mean psychologically!!! He will try to outbox PAC using his technical skills!!! while for Pac I think he has to PRESSURE JMM more and try to use that RIGHT HAND a little bit more!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:13 am 
Lightweight

nope, manny was tired in round 3, i saw his mouth...he was gasping for air...

i think the best & fafstest way to gain stamina and be ready for marquez in FEB is high elevation :D

CMON MANNY WERE COUNTING ON UUU!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:20 am 
Lightweight

i think marquez won salido by points in purpose...so that manny will be overconfident and take it easy....then he'll show manny his true powers in FEB......cmon guys, notify manny because some of the important opinions here are never said to him!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:20 am 
Lightweight

WE HAVE TO TAKE ACTION!!! :thor:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:54 pm 
Heavyweight

mos2imo wrote:
wish Manny would train on high altitude too when he goes for US, for him to develop an excellent STAMINA just like when he fought MAB lastyear

And I really believe he could do it with the assistance of his conditioning trainors...and when the fight day for Marquez arrives, we would see the form and reincarnation of BRUCE LEE again. GO PACMAN!

WHY DON'T MANNY START HERE! HE COULD START RUNNING IN BAGUIO EVERY MORNING (1 HOUR) WHILE SPENDING CHRISTMAS WITH HIS FAMILY! THEN HE CAN GO HIGHER WHEN HE'S IN LOS ANGELES COME JANUARY!!!

:peace:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:39 pm 
Cruiserweight

good point 8)