Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:20 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:59 am 
Bantamweight

I THINK MANNY WILL KNOCK MARQUEZ OUT BECAUSE MANNY IS TRYING TO DEVELOP HIS RIGHT HAND AS A LETHAL WEAPON AND COME FIGHT NIGHT IT WOULD BE LETHAL WEAPON LIKE D LEFT AND IT WOULD SURPRISE MARQUEZ &BESIDES IN MARQUEZ'S LAST FIGHT HE WAS NOT IMPRESSIVE &HE SHOWED SIGNS OF AGING

Last edited by Rovin on Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:10 am 
Featherweight

haha das a joke..manny doesnt have time to develohis right hand..he is too busy partying and all that stupid thing he does ever since he became popular..now he'll regret what he is doing right now when he will be beaten by marquez on february and all the filipinos will cry cuz of his stupid self..he doesnt take this seriously and he will lose.LOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:49 am 
Featherweight

wats with all the hate.
Manny can still ko jmm even though he has been practising since last month. Mark my words, Manny will win against JMM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:55 am 
Cruiserweight

Location: I have my tickets for Heroes Del Silencio's one-night only concert in the USA!!
The_de$troyer wrote:
wats with all the hate.
Manny can still ko jmm even though he has been practising since last month. Mark my words, Manny will win against JMM.

He is not hating, man. He is being real with you. Pacquiao should be training right now. like JMM. He must realize that he cannot KO JMM. He could not do it after dropping JMM three times in the first round. The JMM-Pacman fight proved that Pacquiao has tremendous speed, but not devastating power. In terms of power, I think JMM and Pacquiao are at par. Speed-wise, Pacman had the edge. Regarding boxing skills, and ring generalship, Manny is no match for JMM. My point? JMM beats the **** out of Manny in the rematch. Peace.

Post subject: I agree!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:55 am 
Bantamweight

Pac will knock him out!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:02 am 

MeBoSHii wrote:
haha das a joke..manny doesnt have time to develohis right hand..he is too busy partying and all that stupid thing he does ever since he became popular..now he'll regret what he is doing right now when he will be beaten by marquez on february and all the filipinos will cry cuz of his stupid self..he doesnt take this seriously and he will lose.LOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought you're one of us! you said one time that you're PINOY!

I got this guys folks!!!!!

I knew it it! he's either Penasco2 or MD-MEX..DAMN I'M GOOD!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:35 am 
Featherweight

well heroe del silencio has a point guys.
how could someone like pacquiao who got all hung up with his increasing popularity be at the same time devote his time to boxing? from all the previous posts and news he hasn't been training not to mention the fact that even freddy roach said he's a lil rusty.

put it this way guys manny still has the edge in power and speed. sorry heroe i disagree with you on this one. anyhow, what good is a natural talent when you don't practice? just because you have a natural talent doesn't mean you'll be on top. it takes perseverance, dedication, and heart of a champion to stay on top.
i hate to say it but if manny doesn't straighten up quick he will lose against marquez.

JUST a quick reminder with the last fight against marquez. Pacquiao was AWESOME in first round but after that...MARQUEZ OUTBOX pacquiao.
guys if you don't believe me look at the punch stat after the fight.

yeah i had manny pacquiao winning 114-111 but then i kinda changed my mind and gave marquez another round making it 113-112 for pacquiao.

so think about guys... marquez is a real threat against manny as of right now... they won't call him the avoided one for no reason.

marquez is a conditioning freak as i've said before. with all that stamina he's building up while pacqiao is disregarding his is just plain cockiness. to point it out. pacquiao's two loses came from 2 boxing losers who happened to catch him off guard and look what happened... i'd hate to see that happen again

if pacquiao won't step it up STAT he will forever chasing marquez come rematch. marquez will surely outbox him and will always avoid the killer straight left as he did last time

marquez knows that if he neutralizes pacquiao's left hand then he can surely outbox and school manny. i haven't seen anyone like marquez who can counterpunch like that (yeah even though he's kinda boring to watch)

manny is becoming reckless and the more he keeps this up the faster and harder he'll fall down the P4P ranking.

i just hope he just straightens up his priorities.

ps. one more thing guys, yes i agree that marquez is really preparing for pacquiao big time. but the thing is... if you're a champion and you really wanna be on top until you retire, don't you wanna give it all you got and finish strong?
all the great boxers stay in shape whereas pacquiao is just the complete opposite... just like mayorga... REALLY FUN TO WATCH but lacks the discipline to stay on top.

pacquiao has to choose now. if he chooses the right path then he'll be remembered as one of the greatest featherweights but if he so chooses to go the unchartered path... then he might as well just give up his boxing career now and do what he does worse make a corny *** movies and play pool all night long

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 3:26 am 
Heavyweight

JMM is too slow and too soft for Pacman. Malayo if compared.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:02 am 
Lightweight

A ko for pacquito would occur within 3 rounds,after that,forget it. Marquez won't knock pacquito out early either because pacquito's not as confident as his followers are in this fight and won't be as aggressive early on. It's going to be a systematic landing of solid rights and lefts to the body and head of pacquito that will eventually lead to Juan Manuel Marquez earning a unanimous decision or 10th,11th,or 12th round tko.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:06 am 
Lightweight

Unless of course Marquez lands a clean right uppercut to the chin of pacquito in any of the first 3 rounds,then,the ref can count to 4 and stop there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:14 am 
Heavyweight

Pac does not need his right hand to knock JMM. Pac's left is enough to knock JMM out. The left is the concern. If it gets sprained again, then all Pac's gonna get is a draw.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:49 am 
Welterweight

locote wrote:
A ko for pacquito would occur within 3 rounds,after that,forget it. Marquez won't knock pacquito out early either because pacquito's not as confident as his followers are in this fight and won't be as aggressive early on. It's going to be a systematic landing of solid rights and lefts to the body and head of pacquito that will eventually lead to Juan Manuel Marquez earning a unanimous decision or 10th,11th,or 12th round tko.

:?: :?: :?:

Ano ba talaga KUYA :!: :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 8:02 am 
Light Heavyweight

All i can say is manny should train hard for his coming fight like what JMM is doing. Manny cannot just depend on his left for a good counter puncher like JMM. I don't wanna see a loss for manny before he realizes the importance of PREPARATION.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:58 am 
Welterweight

The_de$troyer wrote:
wats with all the hate.

-----------

He will definitely knock out JMM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 4:30 pm 
Bantamweight

i believe manny can knock out Marquez...no doubt about it..but only if he trains the way he did before..or maybe even harder...since JMM already prepared for much of this anticipated fight...be rest assured that he can also knock Manny out...speed and power gors to pacquiao but stamina will play a great factor also and right now, i think JMM has the advantage.

Now, the reason why manny slowed down and did not finished JMM the first time around is because his hand got swollen right after the 2nd round...

The fighter who would be more dedicated and trains harder might win the fight...if both of them do the things they are suppossed to do..them manny is the sure favorite...maybe 2 to 1