Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:29 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:48 am 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:53 pm
Posts: 10572
Location: Ortigas Sitti
Sir_Ivan wrote:
yeah, why wont Nonito give Darchinyan immediate rematch then. is he saying that he and his coach are smart too because they are avoiding Darchinyan because they know that Darchinyan has what it takes to defeat him? i personally dont think so. but if this is the principle that Nonito believes about Pacman's camp against JMM, then he should be believing this one as well about him and Darchinyan rematch.

is Nonito saying that he was making an excuse when he said its all up to his manager to grant Darchinyan's challenge for an immediate rematch? his statements about Pac' camp will all just boil down back against himself. i doubt he even thought about it.


the difference is that, Nonito won to Darchi that in the eyes of majority, in all rounds until Darchi got KOd. the fight was not that competitive. No one wants to see a rematch between Darch and Nonito.

in JMM vs PAC, people were divided as to who won.

therefore, there is no resemblance to nonito vs darch and pac vs jmm.

_________________
specs is like a dental floss, everybody wants to have it but nobody wants to do it. -spolsky


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:58 am 
Offline
Featherweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:00 pm
Posts: 87
as what i've observed both fighters tried to avoid each other, though i think marquez is the one who did most to stay away from manny, until he realize time is catching up with him and he can't retire in boxing with peanuts in his pocket,...win or lose, he's gettin a lot better paycheck than his pevious fights.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:03 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:53 pm
Posts: 10572
Location: Ortigas Sitti
trigger wrote:
as what i've observed both fighters tried to avoid each other, though i think marquez is the one who did most to stay away from manny, until he realize time is catching up with him and he can't retire in boxing with peanuts in his pocket,...win or lose, he's gettin a lot better paycheck than his pevious fights.


agree.

there is really some 'hangin' on Donaire's statement that its FR's intelligence that made the rematch not happening sooner. quite inappropriate.

_________________
specs is like a dental floss, everybody wants to have it but nobody wants to do it. -spolsky


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:20 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:21 am
Posts: 3337
EYB wrote:
Sir_Ivan wrote:
yeah, why wont Nonito give Darchinyan immediate rematch then. is he saying that he and his coach are smart too because they are avoiding Darchinyan because they know that Darchinyan has what it takes to defeat him? i personally dont think so. but if this is the principle that Nonito believes about Pacman's camp against JMM, then he should be believing this one as well about him and Darchinyan rematch.

is Nonito saying that he was making an excuse when he said its all up to his manager to grant Darchinyan's challenge for an immediate rematch? his statements about Pac' camp will all just boil down back against himself. i doubt he even thought about it.


the difference is that, Nonito won to Darchi that in the eyes of majority, in all rounds until Darchi got KOd. the fight was not that competitive. No one wants to see a rematch between Darch and Nonito.

in JMM vs PAC, people were divided as to who won.

therefore, there is no resemblance to nonito vs darch and pac vs jmm.

that's right, there's a difference between the two. but having just one win doesnt conclude that the second fight will be the same. a little bit of polishing on the style and game plan of the loser can give a totally different outcome of the fight. that is why a rematch usually ends up turning the other way compared to the 1st fight (w/c Nonito could be smartly avoiding in reference to his belief of this principle).

regarding who wants to see the rematch, Pac & JMM is considered a superfight match that is indeed in a different realm. but for Nonito vs Darchi imo, would make a very little difference. its just another championship match only better coz the intrigue of how Darchinyan could revive his glory is there and that the first fight was just an awakening for Darchinyan that he cant afford to be over confident and too cocky. their rematch would probably be much better than the first in terms of viewers (in consideration of Darchi's improvement ofcourse).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:40 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:16 am
Posts: 5169
Location: land of the semi-free
Partially I agree but the way he delivered its a cheap shot. He did not mention the failure of a possible rematch due to JMMs demand on the price money. Maybe he does not know the fact or maybe he just want to make sure that PACMAN will be motivated with his statements.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:59 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 07, 2006 1:43 pm
Posts: 6024
Location: near you
Gabrielle wrote:
Partially I agree but the way he delivered its a cheap shot. He did not mention the failure of a possible rematch due to JMMs demand on the price money. Maybe he does not know the fact or maybe he just want to make sure that PACMAN will be motivated with his statements.



Agree --- it is a comment that leaves a bit of bad taste.

People can forgive him now because he is also a champion but a lot of these small errors would eventually sum up to something BIG that can spell his downfall. 8)

Goodluck to Donaire in his quest to unify the belts. Nothing is engraved in stone though.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:03 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:02 am
Posts: 12809
Location: Paradise City
I dont think it was in purpose to not fight marquez right away. He was offered a rematch but turn it down and fought chris john instead. Arum knew that morales fight was bigger fight for pacquaio at the time so they went after morales instead of a rematch with marquez.

plus morales beat pacquaio the 1st time so they had to settle the score. Pacman had to focus on morales next so marquez got left behind.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:18 pm 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:58 pm
Posts: 259
astig_anzel wrote:
He waited four years for Marquez to get older...


definitely, absolutely, doubtlessly, surely, ummnn what else... i mean deftinely NOT AGREE! It's hard to match especially they're under different promoter...and also specially when the promoter becomes greedy. Roach is the drill sgt. PAC is the trigger man, and Arum is the politician (with a lot of sub-politicians under him) so...u know what i mean, the trigger man is just following the command.

0.02

_________________
"Don't let distractions destruct you" - Anonymous


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:31 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:09 am
Posts: 2449
Sir_Ivan wrote:
EYB wrote:
Sir_Ivan wrote:
yeah, why wont Nonito give Darchinyan immediate rematch then. is he saying that he and his coach are smart too because they are avoiding Darchinyan because they know that Darchinyan has what it takes to defeat him? i personally dont think so. but if this is the principle that Nonito believes about Pacman's camp against JMM, then he should be believing this one as well about him and Darchinyan rematch.

is Nonito saying that he was making an excuse when he said its all up to his manager to grant Darchinyan's challenge for an immediate rematch? his statements about Pac' camp will all just boil down back against himself. i doubt he even thought about it.


the difference is that, Nonito won to Darchi that in the eyes of majority, in all rounds until Darchi got KOd. the fight was not that competitive. No one wants to see a rematch between Darch and Nonito.

in JMM vs PAC, people were divided as to who won.

therefore, there is no resemblance to nonito vs darch and pac vs jmm.

that's right, there's a difference between the two. but having just one win doesnt conclude that the second fight will be the same. a little bit of polishing on the style and game plan of the loser can give a totally different outcome of the fight. that is why a rematch usually ends up turning the other way compared to the 1st fight (w/c Nonito could be smartly avoiding in reference to his belief of this principle).

regarding who wants to see the rematch, Pac & JMM is considered a superfight match that is indeed in a different realm. but for Nonito vs Darchi imo, would make a very little difference. its just another championship match only better coz the intrigue of how Darchinyan could revive his glory is there and that the first fight was just an awakening for Darchinyan that he cant afford to be over confident and too cocky. their rematch would probably be much better than the first in terms of viewers (in consideration of Darchi's improvement ofcourse).


here you go again, so how can you support this statement about nonito believing that he'll lose to darchi the 2nd time when he outboxed him and knocked him the fck out? provide us the number of times a boxer got totally outboxed and ktfo and won a rematch,and compare that to the number of times that the loser lost the rematch and prolly got ktfo again,but until then stfu coz AGAIN you're just talking out of your asz with no solid proof,but it's ok if you can't give us examples coz we all know your just talking plain BS. :biglaugh:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:41 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:09 am
Posts: 2449
Sir_Ivan wrote:
lightsOUT wrote:
what do you expect from the fan boys, these are the same sensitive fruitcakes that prolly used to obssesively listen to boy bands like nsync and backsteetboys before they discovered boxing and manny pacquiao's nuts..so f'n sensitive,Nonito was just telling it how it is and these mannypac groupies can't handle it so they jump on nonito, making dumb statements like "he's changed" "he's jealous of pac"..lol it's funny coz these are prolly the same people that hopped on the bandwagon the moment donaire ktfo Darchinyan, but before the fight these sensitive mannypac fanboys were nowhere to be found, There was prolly only me and a couple other guys even giving him a chance and none of these people who are now on donaire's nuts(until he says something "negative" about pac which is true) were nowhere to be found when Vic Darchinyan fans came here talking shyt.

in case you forgot, here's just something to refresh you of how overly sensitive you are for hugging too much of Nonito's nuts. Genuine Nuthugging at its best courtesy of lightsOUT! :lol: :lol: :lol:



lol..see what I mean? your just recycling old shYt..didn't you already quote me on this before? hahaha..I can sense your desperation lil'boy..what with all the backtracking and editing your original posts and all.. :biglaugh: don't worry i'll leave you alone, I don't want you going home crying to mommy SIR-NUTHUGGALOT!! :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:29 am 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:30 pm
Posts: 366
ncmknight wrote:
I do not entirely agree with his view, but I can understand he's being honest. He was raised in the US where people are frank and brutally honest.

In this country, and more specifically in this site, you can only speak positive words towards Pac and his team. Otherwise, you're a Pac hater, an ***** or whatever.


great comment bro! i totally agree!...
pacnuthuggers... start to (over) react!... :lol:

_________________
Ability may get you to the top... but it takes character to keep you there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:40 am 
Offline
Bantamweight

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:19 am
Posts: 38
I appreciate Donaire for knocking out Vic, but I would have to disagree with him on his comment. To many, it would appear that Marquez may be more worn down this time around because of the 4 year difference, however it has been 4 years for both fighters. And not only that, both fighters are better today than what they were on their first fight. March 15 is not arriving soon enough!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:53 am 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 5:52 pm
Posts: 493
Location: china
Its just a good moved by Beristain and Marquez not to fight Manny that time or else his name was already buried and wasted.

Marquez will not reached this far if he was brutally beaten in the rematch.

"The last man standing" as Arum said

But any comment by Nonito Donaire weather good or not is just a publicity. To make extra mileages for fans to discuss about.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:01 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:47 pm
Posts: 5254
The reason why Donaire is such a ksp nowadays because he was repressed for so long & when he suddenly became a champion he thought he's really good, w/c he really is. He never had this attention from people & now that he is the champ people start to listen & some are too gullible to believe Donaire's words are today's Sunday Gospel.

His unsolicited advise about Manny Pacquiao makes us think that Donaire thinks he is better than Manny Pacquiao because he is pointing out all these flaws better than Emmanuel Steward.

Good thing is Manny Pacquiao will just ignore this little champ for what he has to say.

_________________
FRESH FISH INSIDE. AND IT'S NOT THE WOMEN.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:21 am 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:53 pm
Posts: 10572
Location: Ortigas Sitti
THE_HIPPIE wrote:
The reason why Donaire is such a ksp nowadays because he was repressed for so long & when he suddenly became a champion he thought he's really good, w/c he really is. He never had this attention from people & now that he is the champ people start to listen & some are too gullible to believe Donaire's words are today's Sunday Gospel.

His unsolicited advise about Manny Pacquiao makes us think that Donaire thinks he is better than Manny Pacquiao because he is pointing out all these flaws better than Emmanuel Steward.

Good thing is Manny Pacquiao will just ignore this little champ for what he has to say.


di naman yata.

manny was 30+ win when he defeated ledwaba.

_________________
specs is like a dental floss, everybody wants to have it but nobody wants to do it. -spolsky


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group