Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:03 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:57 am 
Heavyweight

jjcross wrote:
lbcya99 wrote:
I hate marquez but he is one tough dude. He has never been knockout in his career and he can recover fast after being knockdown. We saw that against pacquaio in their 1st fight. He was knockdown 3 times but he was able to recover and last for 12 rounds. He was knockdown against barrera also but he got up and recover. I really want pacquaio to knockout marquez in march but marquez has never been knockout.

Roach is developing the body punch attack this will be the key to KO JMM. This fight will not last long Pacman in round 5.

that's cool.. pacman doesn't really target the body that much but if he does that in their upcoming fight. Marquez can be in for a short night. I just hope pacman wins this fight impressively so he can become # 1 p4p in the world.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:06 am 
Cruiserweight

nuke wrote:
ide be more concerned about this fight going like the last one ended over how it started. marquez was kd'ed 3 times, and yet got up swinging everytime just like with mab, no drunken dance and none of that hugging stuff. pac became a human straight jacket when hussein dropped him and the other times he was dropped he stayed down. my point is we know how each fighter reacts to adversity, luckily pac hasnt faced much in a while. sure he can stop marquez, but if a fresh pac couldnt stop him whats to say it'll be any different this time? question should be, what if pac gets caught?

You have a good point raised here. I believe if PAC gets caught (and assuming he is not well conditioned), then it would be the beginning of the end of this match so to speak. JMM is one hungry fighter with a lot of boxing skills. He can end this fight unlike Solis when he fought Pac.

However your point of a fresh Pac who was not able to stop JMM is another matter. During their 1st encounter, Pac relied much on his power alone. His boxing skills were not yet polished; that was the reason why in many of the succeeding rounds, Pac was outboxed and counter punched easily by JMM. I believe Roach had already saw that and developed Pac to be a more well rounded fighter. It would be a different fight this time, IMHO.

Peace :D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:11 am 
Heavyweight

LightSpeed wrote:
nuke wrote:
ide be more concerned about this fight going like the last one ended over how it started. marquez was kd'ed 3 times, and yet got up swinging everytime just like with mab, no drunken dance and none of that hugging stuff. pac became a human straight jacket when hussein dropped him and the other times he was dropped he stayed down. my point is we know how each fighter reacts to adversity, luckily pac hasnt faced much in a while. sure he can stop marquez, but if a fresh pac couldnt stop him whats to say it'll be any different this time? question should be, what if pac gets caught?

You have a good point raised here. I believe if PAC gets caught (and assuming he is not well conditioned), then it would be the beginning of the end of this match so to speak. JMM is one hungry fighter with a lot of boxing skills. He can end this fight unlike Solis when he fought Pac.

However your point of a fresh Pac who was not able to stop JMM is another matter. During their 1st encounter, Pac relied much on his power alone. His boxing skills were not yet polished; that was the reason why in many of the succeeding rounds, Pac was outboxed and counter punched easily by JMM. I believe Roach had already saw that and developed Pac to be a more well rounded fighter. It would be a different fight this time, IMHO.

Peace :D

good point.. remember also that pac chin has gotten stronger since he came up to bantamweight. He hasn't been knockdown or knockout. that knockdown they counted in the 1st barrera match up was a slip. We know who won that fight. I'm sure roach have a strategy on how manny can avoid getting counterpunch so much by marquez. I would think manny would make this a brawl because he has the speed to outpunch marquez and have the power to hurt him.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:13 am 
Cruiserweight

kingkittykitts wrote:
i hope that manny will come out fighting agressively the way he used to fight! manny will have a little chance if he fights the way he fought barrera in their second encounter. counterpunching is not manny's style. manny should fight marquez the same way during their first bout but now with a better right hand!

I agree. Manny should fight aggressively with both hands blazing. He could not afford to fight Marquez in a tactical fight. Marquez is a superb counter puncher; that's his style which he almost perfected. If Manny will not be aggressive, then he would fall into the game plan of Marquez.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:16 am 
Heavyweight

LightSpeed wrote:
kingkittykitts wrote:
i hope that manny will come out fighting agressively the way he used to fight! manny will have a little chance if he fights the way he fought barrera in their second encounter. counterpunching is not manny's style. manny should fight marquez the same way during their first bout but now with a better right hand!

I agree. Manny should fight aggressively with both hands blazing. He could not afford to fight Marquez in a tactical fight. Marquez is a superb counter puncher; that's his style which he almost perfected. If Manny will not be aggressive, then he would fall into the game plan of Marquez.

yea i hope he comes in aggressive like he did vs the 3rd morales fight. Let marquez fight his style which is an all out brawl.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:25 am 
Cruiserweight

lbcya99 wrote:
good point.. remember also that pac chin has gotten stronger since he came up to bantamweight. He hasn't been knockdown or knockout. that knockdown they counted in the 1st barrera match up was a slip. We know who won that fight. I'm sure roach have a strategy on how manny can avoid getting counterpunch so much by marquez. I would think manny would make this a brawl because he has the speed to outpunch marquez and have the power to hurt him.

Yes, everybody knows, except the biased Barrera fans, that the KD in the 1st Barrera fight was just a slip caused by entanglement of the feet. Even the commentators acknowledged that later. However when Pac fought Solis, he almost got KD, and that was a less superior boxer he was facing then.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:28 am 
Heavyweight

LightSpeed wrote:
lbcya99 wrote:

Yes, everybody knows, except the biased Barrera fans, that the KD in the 1st Barrera fight was just a slip caused by entanglement of the feet. Even the commentators acknowledged that later. However when Pac fought Solis, he almost got KD, and that was a less superior boxer he was facing then.

PAc can take a punch tho.. he got hit with couple of good shots vs barrera-solis-larios and didn't go down. I think he will be able to take marquez shot. Morales couldn't knock him down the 1st time they fought and morales landed a lot of good shot on pac's face that time.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:33 am 
Cruiserweight

lbcya99 wrote:
yea i hope he comes in aggressive like he did vs the 3rd morales fight. Let marquez fight his style which is an all out brawl.

Marquez is not really a brawler type of guy. That's not simply his style. He just added this later in his last few fights when he realized that there's no money in his counter punching style.

Anyway I hope Marquez will be a brawler in this fight and engage Pac toe to toe. If that happens, that would be the end of Marquez. :D However Marquez will prove that he is indeed a Mexican warrior like Morales.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:36 am 
Heavyweight

Yes, he can! He did it already before.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:40 am 
Cruiserweight

lbcya99 wrote:
PAc can take a punch tho.. he got hit with couple of good shots vs barrera-solis-larios and didn't go down. I think he will be able to take marquez shot. Morales couldn't knock him down the 1st time they fought and morales landed a lot of good shot on pac's face that time.

There are boxing analysts who said that Morales was not able to bring his KD power when he moved to Super featherweight division. I could agree on that considering his KD/KO records in that division. Perhaps that was one of the factors Morales could not KD Pac.

Pac is a different animal though :D His power is still in his hands when he climbed to Super Featherweight. I hope that if he decides to move to Lightweight, it would still be there. He needs it when fighting a much bigger fighters.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:43 am 
Heavyweight

LightSpeed wrote:
lbcya99 wrote:

There are boxing analysts who said that Morales was not able to bring his KD power when he moved to Super featherweight division. I could agree on that considering his KD/KO records in that division. Perhaps that was one of the factors Morales could not KD Pac.

Pac is a different animal though :D His power is still in his hands when he climbed to Super Featherweight. I hope that if he decides to move to Lightweight, it would still be there. He needs it when fighting a much bigger fighters.

yea pac is one of the few boxers who has brought their power in every weight class they fight. If pac can KD marquez @ 126 imagine what he will do to him at 130.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:38 pm 
Featherweight

Marquez is gay, that's why... :D :bounce:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:55 pm 
Heavyweight

Manny can KO Marquez no doubt! The question is what round? :D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:57 pm 
Welterweight

sure he can...but i'm predicting no

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:27 pm 
Featherweight

Marquez can KO Pac too of course. All he needs is a well-placed low blow and down goes the Pac. :D :D :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next