Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:01 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 403 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:05 am 
Site Admin

Here we go again with our predictions. Please post your reasons why Pacman will win his rematch with Marquez.

This was my prediction on the first fight:

MANNY WILL HIT MARQUEZ FIRST. END OF STORY BECAUSE JMM COULDN'T HANDLE PAC'S POWER.

I almost got it nailed right in the first 3 mintues of the fight but Manny injured his left hand in that round. That's why he wasn't able to finish off JMM the rest of the night. Additionally he got blisters on his foot and cramps on his legs.

On February 26, I expect JMM to be a lot smarter and will be more defensive than usual and probably will run all over the place but eventually he gets tagged by Pacman and will again go down. My take: Pacquiao within 6 rounds by KO or TKO.

------

Go the the opposing thread if you want to state your reasons why Marquez wil win. Here: http://mannypacquiao.ph/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9145

Last edited by shiva on Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:17 am 
Heavyweight

YUP, FOR THE FIRST FIGHT I PREDICTED THAT MANNY WOULD KNOCK THE GUY OFF BY THE DISTANCE. I THOUGHT MANNY'S GONNA DO EVEN BETTER BY KNOCKING JMM DOWN 3X IN RD 1. HBUT HEY ROUNDS 2-12 IS BOXING HISTORY. DI NA NATIN MAPAPALITAN YAN.

MY PREDICTION FOR THE NEXT FIGHT. MANNY KO's JMM in RD 8. THE REASON: MANNY WILL LOOK FOR HIS RANGE IN THE FIRST 3 ROUNDS. PLUS HE WILL TRY TO TEST AND USE HIS RIGHT HAND MORE. ROUND 4 PAC WILL FIND HIS RANGE AND START TO DEMOLISH JMM.

I COULD BE WRONG THOUGH, AS PAC MIGHT START TO WAGE WAR AT THE VERY START. AND TRY TO NAIL JMM DOWN IN ROUND 1. BUT HEY, THAT'S STILL MY OFFICIAL PREDICTION: MANNY PACQUIAO TKO JMM IN 8.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:41 am 
Welterweight

Your right bro! Pacman will win if and only if he is in his best condition like when he fought BARRERA AND JMM. WITH HIS CONVINCING POWER PUNCH, SKILLFUL TRAINER AROUND HIM, BLITZING SPEED, DISCIPLINE ATTITUDE, AND MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL -- STAMINA!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:59 am 
Heavyweight

THIS TIME PACQUIAO WILL TRAIN LONGER FOR JMM AND WON'T BE CRAMMING.

THIS TIME MANNY WILL BE WEARING AN EXPENSIVE PAIR OF SOCKS.

THIS TIME JUDGE CLEMENS IS NOT JUDGING.

THIS TIME JUDGE GUY JUTRAS IS IN HIS ROCKING CHAIR AND NOT IN THE RINGSIDE.

THIS TIME TEAM PACMAN WILL MAKE SURE THAT THE HANDWRAPS WILL BE STURDY ENOUGH TO MAKE PACMAN'S FIST WITHSTAND THE STRONG IMPACT WHENEVER PACMAN LANDS HIS BOMBS IN JMM'S FACE.

THIS TIME MANNY WILL HAVE ADDITIONAL WEAPONS IN HIS ARSENAL.

THIS TIME PACMAN WILL MAKE SURE THAT WHEN JMM GOES DOWN HE'S DOWN FOR GOOD.

AND STILL, JMM WILL HAVE A HARD TIME NEUTRALIZING THAT LEFT STRAIGHT. THE LEFT WITHOUT SPRAIN.

:headz: :headz: :headz: :headz: :headz: :headz: :headz: :headz:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:27 am 
Middleweight

with all due respect to everybody, i am no pac nuthugger or *** kisser. i'd like to lay out my arguments, why JMM has lesser chance to win the rematch:

1. jmm greatest chance lies on two factors, superb condition and counterpuching.
2. if pac gets to the condition when they first met, which i think he will, he already equalizes on that aspect.
3. JMM counterpunching is excellent, but in my opinion is not very far from the skills of barrera. pac's speed and power should be able to negate and do damage on jmm that will affect jmm's overall performance in the fight.
4. like barrera, jmm will be there to be hit by pacman, and he's gonna be down again in any of the rounds.
5. and what's really pac going to bring in new to the fight? the lessons he learned from his first fight with jmm, and being in his youth, he tends to improve in each of his fight. manny is no champion if doesn't know how to figure out JMM or his past opponents.

peace. save these words until their fight. if pac loses, i'd be no sadder than you, my friend hero/mr. garcia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:18 am 
Light Heavyweight

PAC will have a plenty of arsenals this time. Some other reasons are:

1. He has good sponsor of socks.
2. He will train early to Roach camp.
3. Develops counter punching. When JMM attacks, a left uppercut or left hook may slow down JMM.
4. Hes right hand will be a big factor. Jabbing right and hooking.
5. 6 combos. Right hook, right jab, straight left, upper cut left, 2 combos to the body.
6. He was inspired by FPJ to lead and unite the nation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:32 am 
Welterweight

SIMPLY BECAUSE JMM COULDN'T HANDLE PAC'S POWER. PERIOD! NOTHING FOLLOWS! END OF ARGUEMENT! MERRY CHISTMAS AND PEACE TO ALL! :D

----

Post subject: lets face it
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:35 am 
Light Heavyweight

lets face it mga bro. Kaya nakatagal si JMM sa first match nila ni Pacman ay dahil maganda ang kondisyon ni JMM! Ensayado talaga sya lalo at kondisyon na kondisyon ang laban nila. Lalo pa't ang style niya sa boxing ay ang nag-hihintay lang para sumugod si Manny at pag sumugod, biglang sasabay. Kung hindi natumba si JMM sa rd. 1, malamang talo tayo.....kaya sana naman paghandaan at pakundisyon si Manny para laban niya na ito sa Feb. 26! lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:40 am 
Heavyweight

Pacquiao will win the rematch coz JMM will never outrun the LEFT STRAIGHT of PACMAN!!!!

Post subject: Re: lets face it
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:55 am 
Cruiserweight

Location: I have my tickets for Heroes Del Silencio's one-night only concert in the USA!!
jepoy123 wrote:
lets face it mga bro. Kaya nakatagal si JMM sa first match nila ni Pacman ay dahil maganda ang kondisyon ni JMM! Ensayado talaga sya lalo at kondisyon na kondisyon ang laban nila. Lalo pa't ang style niya sa boxing ay ang nag-hihintay lang para sumugod si Manny at pag sumugod, biglang sasabay. Kung hindi natumba si JMM sa rd. 1, malamang talo tayo.....kaya sana naman paghandaan at pakundisyon si Manny para laban niya na ito sa Feb. 26! lol

I love it how some of you guys start a paragraph with a sentence is English, and then proceed to start yapping in a different language lmao. Dude, not eveyone in here seaks Tagalog! If you begin soemthing inEnglish, finish it using the same language. Geeeez. So rude lmao. Peace.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:00 pm 
Heavyweight

Pac will be fighting 100% this time that’s why. Pac by K.O. within 8.

Post subject: this is for pinoy only
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:07 pm 
Light Heavyweight

sorry bro this is for us pinoy only....i only express my views regarding the first fight of JMM and Pacman on what happen if Pacman didn't knockout JMM in the 1st rd....Nothing personal bro. we used mix of tagalog-english in our country...peace and merry christmas!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:10 pm 
Middleweight

originally posted by:
pso_junior
Cruiserweight

Pac will be fighting 100% this time that’s why. Pac by K.O. within 8.

I would say Pac by k.o. within 6.

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Post subject: Re: lets face it
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:10 pm 

Location: Lupang Hinirang - Perlas ng Silanganan - Bayan ni Pacman
heroe_del_silencio wrote:
jepoy123 wrote:

I love it how some of you guys start a paragraph with a sentence is English, and then proceed to start yapping in a different language lmao. Dude, not eveyone in here seaks Tagalog! If you begin soemthing inEnglish, finish it using the same language. Geeeez. So rude lmao. Peace.

lets face it mga bro.the reason why JMM survived his match against Pacman is because of his superb condiotioning, he trained well and was in tip top condition during that match, also his style is to wait for Manny to attack, and when Manny attacks he counters, If it wasnt for the KD in round 1 , we could have lost, i hope Manny trains and prepares well for his Feb.26 match! lol.. (translation) :peace:

Manny by SD. Floyd will be KD twice.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:14 pm 

Location: Lupang Hinirang - Perlas ng Silanganan - Bayan ni Pacman
jepoy123 wrote:
sorry bro this is for us pinoy only....i only express my views regarding the first fight of JMM and Pacman on what happen if Pacman didn't knockout JMM in the 1st rd....Nothing personal bro. we used mix of tagalog-english in our country...peace and merry christmas!!!!

ooops..sorry if i translated it bro.. i dont see anything wrong with your post that's why i translated it.. i share that same feeling regarding the first fight.. JMM would have won if we were to deduct the 3KDs in round 1...

Manny by SD. Floyd will be KD twice.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 403 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next