Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 8:09 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 403 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:51 am 
Welterweight

INTELLIGENCE.....The ability to think and learn. Pacman has it combined with Power, Speed and Heart is a force to reckon with.

Eric Morales lasted for three rounds...Marquez will last five rounds. Who is better?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:46 am 
Strawweight

vote who you thnk is the greatest pinoy boxer at http://www.paintings-joe25.blogspot.com all votes are appreciated thnx

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:21 am 
Welterweight

I never doubted the PACMAN since

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:25 am 
Flyweight

My prediction is Manny Pacquiao will win via TKO in 3, 4 or 5 rounds. In this occasion Pacquiao is the only Asian boxer who won 3 championship in different categories.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:22 pm 
Middleweight

this fight is the confirmation, there is no doubt that pacquiao will win, he has every reason to win. pacquiao by a knockout in first round.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:20 pm 
Heavyweight

MP's arsenal this time:

Left straight (Inherent power)
Manila Ice (Learned power)
Another one, we will have to wait and see. (Upgraded Power)

He'll go:

In and out
Side to Side
Slug it out
Counter

MP in late round win by KO.
Overwhelming win.

Advantage: Stamina and power
Disadvantages: Face prone to cuts.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:22 pm 
Flyweight

I am just amazed why is it that there are still people who believe that Marquez will win over Pacquiao. Probably because Marquez was able to survived the last 11 rounds after being k'oed, they thought Marquez masterfully outboxed Pac to settle for a draw. If one would watch their last fight, it would seem they were correct.
But there is one thing they have forgotten (probably they do not know)!! Pac injured his potent left hand immediately after the 1st round. This is the very simple reason and obvious one why Marquez weathered the last remaining rounds. If you were to watched Pac's previous fights, no one among his opponents survived after being floored.
Yes, Marquez is a good fighter but Barrera and Morales are even better. If not for that injured left hand the result would not have been a draw.
Pacquiao wins by TKO at 7th or 8th round!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:28 am 
Lightweight

Almost four years after the draw with Pacquiao, and two years since John, Marquez at 34 years of age is going to cash in with the Pacquiao rematch tomorrow. And if you think I was harsh in saying he’s fared well because of second-tier opposition, look at the guys Juan’s faced since Pacquiao. There was Jimrex Jaca, an already exposed (as limited) Rocky Juarez, Terdsak Jandaeng, Victor Polo, Orlando Salido, Chris John, and the aforementioned Marco Antonio Barrera. Barrera was “beyond” shot when he climbed through the ropes with Marquez last year. This list comprises of claiming type horses and an aged stallion in Barrera.
Marquez is a counter puncher, one who has put this writer to sleep on more than one occasion
If you were to put Marquez on TV solo, or measured his live gates against people other than Barrera and Pacquiao, he couldn’t draw more flies than an outhouse in Tijuana.

Bottom line here is Marquez isn’t close to being a “great” fighter. Not by Mexican standards, and certainly not by mine!

Rafaela and Juanita MARQUEZ
See the guy holding Juanita's balls? :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:28 am 
Light Heavyweight

MP'S COMBINATION PUNCHES, HEAD MOVEMENT AND THE SIZZLNG LEFT HAND WILL BEAT MARQUEZ. WHAT HAPPENED TO SOLIS MOST LIKELY WILL HAPPENED TO JMM. THE UP AND DOWN COMBINATIONS WILL DETER JUAN'S COUNTER PUNCHING ABILITY. GOOD LUCK PACMAN!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:41 am 
Lightweight

Which titles does Manny have right now?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:47 pm 
Featherweight

i think pac will win in a 11 round ko coz i think they will fight in 135 were pac is more comfortable! its so hard to pac to go back on 130 did you notice his face in the fight he look like a rockers :bravo:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:18 am 
Welterweight

Its time for me to say Goodbye!

with my 331 posting as a welterweight, I am predicting that Manny will try this weight class...but be carefull Manny!
Dong Secuya this is a great Site! I am sudden for my early departure here in Pacland. Jabez128 will always cherish the moments spend in this excellent website.

I congratulate Manny Pacquiao the new WBC jr lightweight Champion of the World and The people's Champion.

God Bless to all boxing fans outhere! :jumpballs:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:38 am 
Strawweight

i would like to thank pacquiao for giving me the most thrilling birthday present ever. :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:33 pm 
Heavyweight

Pacman is more intelligent and has more speed and power

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:12 am 
Bantamweight

manny has beaten marquez twice in his prime despite of his superb counterpunching and early conditioning, i think if the third fight will push trough same thing will happen because of his aging body and again an excuse for being washed up fighter!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 403 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next