Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:34 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 592 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 40  Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:08 am 
Site Admin

You may state your reasons here as to why Juan Manuel Marquez will win his rematch against Pacquiao.

Go the the opposing thread if you want to state your reasons why Pacquiao wil win. Here: http://mannypacquiao.ph/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9143

Last edited by shiva on Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:35 am 
Welterweight

That will happen only when Pacman is unprepared for that fight. All Pacman's losses are the result of unpreparedness. JMM right now is training hard because he dont want to experience the 1st round knockdowns. Second, winning against Pacman will make him 2005 featherweight icon, coz he's nobody until he fought Pacman last May 2004.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:44 am 
Welterweight

Marquez will win ONLY IF Pacquiao tends to be overdo his straight left style of punching.
Marquez will win if Pacquiao wont make use of his right hand as a power punch and not just to measure the opponents distance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:48 am 
Featherweight

If Manny gets caught in traffic in Vegas and don't show up in the fight on time would be the only way Juanita Manuelita "Dinamita Inside My ***" Marquez would win and retain his titles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:44 am 
Cruiserweight

Location: I have my tickets for Heroes Del Silencio's one-night only concert in the USA!!
Is it not funny how these pacman nuthuggers replied to Mr. Shiva's post?
Marquez will win if Pacman is undertrained...crams his training...is not focused enough. But, at the same time you guys cannot accept the idea that Barrera had an offnight, in which he was not focused, and reasonable undertrained. If you are willing to use Pacman's childish behavior and lack of focus, then you guys must accept the fact that Manny won because Marco was not focused, and had problems during his training.

But, I guess that is the difference between us. We Mexican fans are not hypocrites like most pacman nuthuggers. That is why you guys are hated by many of us boxing fans. But enough, I'll let you hug on Manny's nuts..it's your business being a hypocrite, so be it.

Regarding the question, Why will Marquez win the rematch?...the answer is simple: He is the better fighter. Manny has figured Pacman out. In fact, he did so right after the first round of their first match. This is exactly why Roach has to develope a new weapon: Manny's right hand. However, there is not enough time to perfect Manny's right hand, for that could very well take years.

As was evident from Manny's last fight with the Thai patsy, his right hand is pathetic. He missed so many right hand punches that at times he seemed like an amateur fighter. He was very lucky Fahsan was not a superb counterpuncher like Marquez. After watching Manny's last fight and his first match with Marquez, it is very clear that Marquez is going to win the rematch. He neutralized Manny's left in the first fight, and since Manny has a very weak and pathetic right hand, he will probably bring nothing new to the rematch. Manny has to change his technique, while Marquez just has to stick with his extremely efficient counterpunching style right from the start.

This is why Marquez will win. He has very little adjustments to make before the rematch. Manny, on the other hand, has to learn to learn on how to use his right hand. But there is very little time to do so. Therefore, since Manny was figured out and exposed in the first match, and since he will probably bring nothing new into the rematch, Marquez is going to defeat Pacquiao. Peace.

Last edited by heroe_del_silencio on Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:44 am 
Middleweight

that will only happen if pac gets over-confident. other reason would be if he forgets he is manny pacquiao. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:06 am 
Middleweight

with all due respect to everybody, i am no pac nuthugger or *** kisser. i'd like to lay out my arguments on the oppsite side, why JMM has lesser chance to win the rematch:

1. jmm greatest chance lies on two factors, superb condition and counterpuching.
2. if pac gets to the condition when they first met, which i think he will, he already equalizes on that aspect.
3. JMM counterpunching is excellent, but in my opinion is not very far from the skills of barrera. pac's speed and power should be able to negate and do damage on jmm that will affect jmm's overall performance in the fight.
4. like barrera, jmm will be there to be hit by pacman, and he's gonna be down again in any of the rounds.
5. and what's really pac going to bring in new to the fight? the lessons he learned from his first fight with jmm, and being in his youth, he tends to improve in each of his fight. manny is no champion if doesn't know how to figure out JMM or his past opponents.

peace. save these words until their fight. if pac loses, i'd be no sadder than you, my friend hero/mr. garcia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:19 am 
Site Admin

Rocky wrote:
with all due respect to everybody, i am no pac nuthugger or *** kisser. i'd like to lay out my arguments on the oppsite side, why JMM has lesser chance to win the rematch:

1. jmm greatest chance lies on two factors, superb condition and counterpuching.
2. if pac gets to the condition when they first met, which i think he will, he already equalizes on that aspect.
3. JMM counterpunching is excellent, but in my opinion is not very far from the skills of barrera. pac's speed and power should be able to negate and do damage on jmm that will affect jmm's overall performance in the fight.
4. like barrera, jmm will be there to be hit by pacman, and he's gonna be down again in any of the rounds.
5. and what's really pac going to bring in new to the fight? the lessons he learned from his first fight with jmm, and being in his youth, he tends to improve in each of his fight. manny is no champion if doesn't know how to figure out JMM or his past opponents.

peace. save these words until their fight. if pac loses, i'd be no sadder than you, my friend hero/mr. garcia.

Rocky, you should post this to the opposing thread: WHY PACQUIAO WILL WIN IN A REMATCH WITH MARQUEZ.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:20 am 
Middleweight

shiva wrote:
Rocky wrote:

Rocky, you should post this to the opposing thread: WHY PACQUIAO WILL WIN IN A REMATCH WITH MARQUEZ.

will do boss shiva. sorry about that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:23 am 
Light Heavyweight

The only reason I could think of why Marquez would win is: If Manny wears a 99cents socks again. Other than that, nah.

:smoke:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:25 am 
Lightweight

JMM has the skill...i believe if he continue to neutralize manny power punch it could be an defeat over "PACMAN" but in every round there will be a possibilty that JMM will be hit by manny power punch...that's will make the difference...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:29 am 

Location: Lupang Hinirang - Perlas ng Silanganan - Bayan ni Pacman
As a superb counte puncher...If JMM is still standing after the 12th round..He has a better chance of getting the decision..

Manny by SD. Floyd will be KD twice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:29 am 

Location: Lupang Hinirang - Perlas ng Silanganan - Bayan ni Pacman
illuminate wrote:
JMM has the skill...i believe if he continue to neutralize manny power punch it could be an defeat over "PACMAN" but in every round there will be a possibilty that JMM will be hit by manny power punch...that's will make the difference...

-ditto-

Manny by SD. Floyd will be KD twice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:47 am 

JMM may win the rematch...

1. If he can control the tempo of the fight, slow it down, make Pac fight his game. Same way he did from rounds 3 to 8 of the 1st fight.
2. If he can keep Pac on the outside at the end of his stinging left jab, when Pac comes in, unleash quick 3-punch combo counters, again, same way as the 1st fight.
3. If he will adopt an Evade-then-Counter strategy (same way as rds. 2 onwards of the 1st fight). Nobody can risk to receive powershots from Pac in order to return fire (see what happened to him at the 1st round and to the Baby Faced Assassin).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:49 am 
Flyweight

mannys in trouble

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 592 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 40  Next