Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:01 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 592 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:47 am 
Flyweight

Im not sure which version of each fighter is going to show up on
March 15. Pacquiao is a natural brawler that likes to swarm his
opponent for a KO. Marquez is more of counter-puncher but likes
to put combos together when he sees an opening (which may look
like he's a brawler at times).

Anyway we've seen different versions of each fighter in recent
times. Pacquiao showed his patience and as he put it his
"counter-puncher" side in his last bout with Barrera. Marques
meanwhile showed more aggresivenes towards Barrerra in their
last meeting. So in essence will we see Pacquiao backing off
and counterpunch while Marquez chases him around the ring all
night? Its a possibility but I highly doubt it.

Lets get the facts straight. Manny is 45-3 (KO 35) while Marquez
is 48-3(35). But the big difference is the age difference.
Manny is 29 while Marquez is 34. Marquez has repeatedly and
adamantly stated that he is younger than his age would suggest.
His reason being he hasn't fought in too many tough brawls as
did Marquez, Barrera or Morales (he is actually the oldest of
the four). He may have a point there, or does he? he's
essentially stating that he has less experience in "big
fights". Well... a fight doesn't get any bigger than this. But
that begs the question. Why hasn't Marquez been in more big
fights?. Was everybody just afraid to face him or did he did
he have a bad promoter altogether? One thing is certain, He's
a fearsome tactical fighter. Pacquiao's trainer Roach stated in
the first match between Pacquiao and Marquez that he was the
most difficult fighter compared to Morales and Barrera.

As for Pacquiao, He stated that he's more of a complete fighter
now than their first meeting. Their first meeting was a draw.
(even though points would have favored Pacquiao, but thats
another story).

So all in all, whos going to win? Pacquiao has more experience
as far as big fights are concerned. Marquez can get rattled as
in his meeting with Barrera. Look for Pacquiao's superior speed
to come into action in later rounds. Pacquiao will show patience
once again and try to push the action later on. This is
Marquez's last final step into glory and will try to stop at
nothing to win the fight ( but he's not a dirty fighter like
Barrera though). Marquez has a lot of heart but will be
susceptible to a KO if he gets too aggressive in later rounds.

Result : Pacquiao 10 rd or decision.
http://www.boxingstyle.com/

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:23 pm 
Cruiserweight

The only reason Marquez cud win is by accidental headbutt to Pacman w/c will result a scenario similar to the pacman morales I. if it will not happen then it will be less than 10 rds. with a ko by Pacman.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:25 pm 
Heavyweight

I don't think so.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:38 pm 
Cruiserweight

radeon wrote:
i've read the whole thread, just can't bear to do nothing.

BEING A PROFESSIONAL YOU MUST BE ON TOP OF YOUR GAME RIGHT? I THINK THAT MORALES DID UNDERESTIMATE PACQUIAO FOR THE SECOND FIGHT AND PAID THE PRICE BUT I ALSO KNOW THAT A TOP SHAPE MORALES LIKE THE ONE YOU WILL SEE COME NOV 18 WILL JUST SIMPLY KNOCK PACQUIAO OUT. MARK MY WORDS HE WILL KNOCK HIM
OUT. <= BWAHAHA WE'VE MARKED YOUR WORDS AND WHO ATE WHO'S WORDS? BWAHAHA *****.

look, i ain't here to make up excuses for these guy. the way i see it is that win or lose they make a hell of a lot of money and i don't see one peso of it. barrera had a lot of legal problems with his promoter before going into the fight a lot of legal problems, the issue with whether he can box being that he has a metal plate in his head and the withdrawal from training due to forrest fires in big bear, ca. now marquez, dude, he was there for the taking, he was floored 3 times!! and with a broken nose to to along with it, why in the hell didn't pac finish him off??? look what happen he exposed the pacman he fought him all the way to a draw after a humongous pacquiao lead. morales: he just basically did what marquez did and continued into the second fight until the fifth round and that was when his lack of physical conditioning was exposed. morales byko. <= BWAHAHA MORALES BY
KO daw amf ^^ and oh yeah if your oh so great marquez is so good, then why can't his punches especially the uppercuts KD pacman? and if you say pac only had the 1st round, what was marquez doing?he had 11 round to finish pac, why didn't marquez finish him off???
marquez fought him all the way for just a draw? WAT AN *****! BWAHAHA. you would just fight for a draw instead of a win? if the japanese judge did not make that mistake everyone already knows pacman won.

i acknowledge it, it's ok morales lost by ko, it's fine. it's not the first time i've been disappointed by my favorite fighters. when chavez lost it was sad, he was to me like
pacquiao is to you. now the good thing is that we have a lot of good fighters and since i'm mexican i try to follow them all. but the only guy you have is pacquiao and when he's done
that's it i guess you'll have to wait another 50 years for another good fighter. till then.
<= OH MORALES LOST BY KO AND IT'S FINE??? BWAHAHA U RILY ARE AN ***** AREN'T U? IF IT WAS PAC WHO WAS KO'ED THEN YOU'D BE SO HAPPY HAHA IN YOUR DREAMS. SO WHAT IF WE ONLY HAVE PACQUIAO? WE HUMILIATED YOU SO BAD SO MANY TIMES, KD'ED YOU 3TIMES IN 1 ROUND WITH BOTH FEET ON AIR, KTFO'ED OF YOU MAKING YOU TWIRL LIKE A DOG GOING IN CIRCLES AFTER ITS TAIL. OH AND IF YOU'VE FORGOTTEN, REMEMBER MEXICO VS PHILIPPINES WORLD CUP BOXING? 5-1 HUMILIATION ***-WHOOPIN. ^^ THAT'S WHAT YOU CALL A MISMATCH. IM NOT SORRY FOR BOOM2, WAY TOO INEXPERIENCED. BUT YOUR GREAT MEXICAN BOXER IN THE CASE VS PENALOSA WAS A MISMATCH IN SIZE AND SHAPE, WHAT HAPPENED? ^^ HOW'S THE LIVER DOING?^^ A FLUKE YOU SAY? WATCH IN THE PREVIOUS ROUNDS WHERE GERRY'S LEFT HOOK ARE TARGETTING THE HEAD, AND IT WAS PERFECTLY TIMED HE LITERALLY WENT UNDER THE RIGHT ARM. YOUR DE LEON WITH THOSE HUGE ARMS COULDN'T EVEN KO OUR SMALL PENALOSA WHAT A WUSS ^^

BRO DON'T TELL ME ABOUT FACTS I'VE BEEN WATCHING BOXING SINCE THE GREAT JULIO CESAR CHAVEZ WAS IN HIS PRIME. BRO MEXICO IS THE LAND OF CHAMPS. AFTER ERIK, BARRERA AND MARQUEZ, I GUARANTEE YOU WE WILL HAVE A NEW CROP OF FRESH, HUNGRY FIGHTERS. MY QUESTION TO YOU IS AFTER PACQUIAO IS GONE WHO'S
NEXT? MORALES WILL WIN, MARQUEZ WILL WIN AND I'M STILL IN DOUBT THAT BARRERA COULD BEAT HIM. <= YEAH THE LAND OF CHAMPS WHOM ONLY 1 PERSON AGAINST THESE CHAMPS WERE GIVEN SOME ***-WHOOPIN ^^. IF YOU'RE RIGHT THAT AFTER PACQUIAO, WE WILL HAVE NOBODY TO COME AFTER HIM IT'S NOT OUR LOSS ^^ YOU FOREVER WILL HOLD A GRUDGE AGAINST US ON HOW WE HUMILIATED YOU IN FRONT OF THE WHOLE WORLD AND YOU CAN'T HAVE YOUR REVENGE BECAUSE YOU WANNA CALL FIGHTING OUR LOW TO MID CALIBER FIGHTERS A REVENGE? ^^

OH YEAH SEEING THE WAY YOU ANSWER PEOPLE WHEN THEY ASK U THIS OR THAT, I'M NOT GONNA PUSH ON SEEING THAT NOTHING GOES THROUGH YOUR HEAD ALBEIT YOUR MIND.

TO FELLOW PINOYS, AS SEEN BY ARRIBATIJUANA'S POSTS KLARONG KLARO NA TINAMAAN ANG EGO NITONG AKALA MOY SINONG NAPAGALING NA MEXICANO, PINAHIYA BA NAMAN NG TODO ANG BANSA NIYA. KAYA NANDITO YAN KC YUN LNG ALAM NYANG PARAAN NA MAPALABAS NIYANG TINDING GALIT AT KAHIHIYAN.DAPAT NGA DITO MA IP BAN YAN EH KASI SA MGA NABABASA KONG POST DITO DISKRIMINASYON NA NAKIKITA KO.NANGUGULO LNG YAN DITO, HINDI NA KASI CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM GINAGAWA NIYAN.
IM NO PACMAN NUTHUGGER, I HATE D FACT NA LUMOBO ULO, SUMABAK SA POLITICS, HINDI SINISERYOSO ANG TRAININGS. SANA MAGISING SIYA THROUGH ADVISE AND NOT THROUGH A HUMILIATING DEFEAT WHICH IS TOO LATE TO KNOCK THE SENSE BACK TO HIM. BUT AS MANY OF YOU PACLANDERS HAVE ALREADY SAID HERE, DI NAKIKINIG OR GAANO NAKIKINIG SI PAC SA ADVISE EH.

banned :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:28 pm 
Welterweight

Marquez's success with Pacquiao could be hidden in mouth piece... :D Check it out!!! (HBO Broadcast) During the break after the 9th round with just 19 secs remaining on the break... You'll need to set in slomo to see it...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:02 pm 
Heavyweight

Orange substance.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:24 pm 
Welterweight

Boxing2012 wrote:
Marquez's success with Pacquiao could be hidden in mouth piece... :D Check it out!!! (HBO Broadcast) During the break after the 9th round with just 19 secs remaining on the break... You'll need to set in slomo to see it...

Here's the link Guys! Should be during break after 9th round, with 19secs remaining on the break (Approx 7:05 into the video)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJay8dfXOu0

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 592 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40