Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:40 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:45 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:46 pm
Posts: 13727
Location: acapulco
bob arum paid the judges to protect pacquiao
he have plans for bigger fights, he need pacquiao to look good eventhough he's starting to lose steam
it's just a matter of time and pacquiao would eventually bore his nuthuggers :biglaugh:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:47 pm 
Offline
Flyweight

Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:43 pm
Posts: 11
Anyone who knows boxing knows that JMM won the fight. Also, upon reviewing the fight it was obvious pacquiao scored a knockdown in the third round on a wild punch. Even the tv commentators were surprised at the decision. The Associated Press also saw the fight in favor of Marquez. By the way, how do you explain Pacquiao winning when the official scorecard had JMM landing a higher percentage of punches? JMM also proved to be the more talented boxer with better boxing technique. Perhaps they gave the fight to Pacquiao because he's more comercialized in the U.S.; having a white trainer doesn't hurt either.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:50 pm 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:18 pm
Posts: 442
Honestly I watched the fight again and I still had pacquiao winning. You people probably never boxed in your entire life and are typical arm chair experts. Pacquiao did not engage as much because he was dealing with a master counter puncher dimwits. You'd be creating more angles if he just waded in like before without the feints and the right timing. The pacman did commit mistakes in the fight like when he followed marquez around the ring without cutting the corners from the right or the fact that he didn't jab enough. It was because of this that marquez controlled the distance. But the exchanges were back and forth. Marquez's punches were textbook while Pacquiao's were as usual unorthodox. You could really see that Pacquiao had improved because the knock down came from a counter left hook after Marquez threw 2 punches and baam he's down. He was also able to counter with right hooks whenever Marquez went in in the later rounds. Another new thing I noticed was pacquaio threw a short hook after the standard double jab straight combo after parrying a counter. It wasn't like before because it was a short right hook that he threw quckly in an orthodox stance after the first combination(watch it and learn). So enough of the one arm bandit arguments. Marquez was also at his best as his uppercuts and sweeping right hooks were on the mark from incredible angles. But he was also lucky to have held the ropes and was able to regain his balance on two different rounds (3rd and the the tenth) otherwise he would have been down three times. It was damn close. I scored rounds 1,2 5, 7, 8 and the 12th for marquez while rounds 3,4,6,9,10 and 11 for paquiao. Final score: 114: 113 pacquiao by one point: And honestly that's how i see the fight and two judges. Ant the truth is Pacquiao is now the new world champion without any controversy except the ones created by sore losers who can't live with the truth or arm chair experts. Get a life! :shock: :o 8) :? :lol: :( :) :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:56 pm 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:00 pm
Posts: 355
Location: Melbourne, Victoria
theDon wrote:
It was a very intense battle for superfeatherweight supremacy. Both fighters had their moments.

I saw the fight twice, on pay per view and on free tv, and I tried to score the fight as honestly and objectively as possible.

You know, I'm probably the biggest Pacquiao fan but I have to say that Pacquiao did not win that fight over Marquez. The only sure rounds he got were rounds 3, 4, and 9 (or was it 10). Most rounds were won by Marquez due to precision punching and perfect timing. Pacquiao, inspite of his handspeed, had a very hard time connecting in the entire fight.

That knockdown was great but it was only one knockdown and only good for a 10-8 round. Not enough to win an entire fight.

I think Pacquiao is definitely on a slide. His last great fight was against Morales 3. From Solis down to Barrera and now against Marquez, everything in his peformance has dipped. He always ends up fighting with only his guts and heart. In the near future that may not be enough. Or maybe the performance deficit is due to burnout since he almost spends all of his energy in training camp. I don't know. I think Manny should stop cramming his training in just an intense 7 to 8 weeks and concentrate to having a longer camp, say 3 months, and train with gradual intensity. So, he doesn't have to overburden his body by losing weight near fight time.

And please try not to label me as a JMM fanatic because I am not. I am one of the biggest PACMAN fans around. I'm just keeping it real.

But, well, a win is a win. So, congratulations Manny!


mostly pacman block the shots from Marquez...

HAROLD LEDERMAN scored it for PACman


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:03 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:43 am
Posts: 1236
Location: The Metro
ineyeik wrote:
try watching the figt again if yer broke *** decided to tape it and see that pac was actually doing better than your feeble mind thought...marquez had some obvious punches but pac slipped some ones and two in there..... besides, the KD was etched into the judges minds as a deciding factor due to the fact that pac three KDs from the last match wa sa huge issue

I agree, the fight was actually very close that it could have gone either way. Watching it live I thought Marquez was getting the upperhand but I watched it again and tried to score each round as objectively as I could, and surprisingly I had Manny leading by 2 points going into the last round. The 12th was another close round but I gave it to JMM. So, Manny surely won it by at least a point. There was no robbery.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:06 pm 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:18 pm
Posts: 442
chernandez12340 wrote:
Anyone who knows boxing knows that JMM won the fight. Also, upon reviewing the fight it was obvious pacquiao scored a knockdown in the third round on a wild punch. Even the tv commentators were surprised at the decision. The Associated Press also saw the fight in favor of Marquez. By the way, how do you explain Pacquiao winning when the official scorecard had JMM landing a higher percentage of punches? JMM also proved to be the more talented boxer with better boxing technique. Perhaps they gave the fight to Pacquiao because he's more comercialized in the U.S.; having a white trainer doesn't hurt either.


For the record last time around Pacquiao also landed more punches but it was declared a draw. It's not just the artistry of the punch but it's effect on the other fighter. This is not ballet or ice skating. We shouldnt' be giving more points just because punches were thrown loked better. Marquez was hurt on 3 separate occasions and HBO had it for Pacquiao not to mention half of the press core. Boxing involves a certain savagery and so what if he is more popular. once upon a time Morales and Barerra were also more popular than pacquiao but he won those fights and dont give me that age crap. Yes JMM is a great and talented boxer but he lost a very close fight fair and square. live with it. and no matter what all you whiners out there say. The fact remains he has now conquered Mexicos 3 legends Barerra, Morales and now Marquez. Now if you're Filipino and you're criticizing the verdict because it's not a dominating win. It just proves how crab like you are. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:07 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:02 pm
Posts: 1764
el critico wrote:
bob arum paid the judges to protect pacquiao
he have plans for bigger fights, he need pacquiao to look good eventhough he's starting to lose steam
it's just a matter of time and pacquiao would eventually bore his nuthuggers :biglaugh:

hehhe here comes your clever posts again!!!honestly your posts makes this forum more interesting....by the way there are alot of thread posters trying to imitate you ...
:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:08 pm 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:18 pm
Posts: 442
el critico wrote:
bob arum paid the judges to protect pacquiao
he have plans for bigger fights, he need pacquiao to look good eventhough he's starting to lose steam
it's just a matter of time and pacquiao would eventually bore his nuthuggers :biglaugh:

Hello there you're certainly the worst kind of filipino coz you always wana piss on your countryman's sacrifices. Loser!!!!!!! :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:10 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:41 am
Posts: 1580
Location: langub
when a round is close and either fighter could win the round, then you scored it in favor of jmm, that's honesty to you?
like round 12, could be won by pac or jmm depending on how you look it. if your friend scored it for pac and you for jmm, you're honest and your friend isn't?

scoring isn't about honesty, it's about being impressed. 8)

_________________
"Tuloy Ang Ensayo Kahit May Ubo"
"Uminom ng juice para maanod ang virus."
(then finally) "Bawal Magkasakit"

- Manny Pacquiao


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:14 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:25 am
Posts: 2413
IcHig0 wrote:
the thing i noticed was he became kinda slow and his not anymore the punching machine type of guy


agreed... that's because marquez did a good job of negating those power punches.. i mean.. manny could not just unleash his barrage because he always gets tag with those counter punches.. though manny won the fight (and i agree with the judges), jmm got my respect... congratulations to both guys..


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:18 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:25 am
Posts: 2413
isidore_15 wrote:
el critico wrote:
bob arum paid the judges to protect pacquiao
he have plans for bigger fights, he need pacquiao to look good eventhough he's starting to lose steam
it's just a matter of time and pacquiao would eventually bore his nuthuggers :biglaugh:

hehhe here comes your clever posts again!!!honestly your posts makes this forum more interesting....by the way there are alot of thread posters trying to imitate you ...
:lol:


maybe arum did not pay those two judges who were in favor of pac? is that what you meant el clits? :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:22 pm 
Offline
Middleweight

Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:56 pm
Posts: 726
I myself had it 115-112 for JMM, and thats because I gave the close rounds to JMM, who I was rooting for to begin with. But the fight's decision for Pac was not a robberym and I also dont have complains for giving the decision to Pac, since the fight was close and it could have gone either way. Anyway great fighters like ODLH, JCC, EM, etc had one time gotten a gift decision at one point in their career.. Though it made a lot of you Pachaks calling JMM gay look relly stupid.. :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:25 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:02 am
Posts: 12810
Location: Paradise City
stop crying manny pacquaio won the fight nuff said. The knockdown was the difference in the fight. Pacman is the better fighter nuff said. The new WBC Superfeatherweight champion of the world. Manny Pacman Pacquaio :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:28 pm 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 12:06 pm
Posts: 230
wnox wrote:
Honestly I watched the fight again and I still had pacquiao winning. You people probably never boxed in your entire life and are typical arm chair experts. Pacquiao did not engage as much because he was dealing with a master counter puncher dimwits. You'd be creating more angles if he just waded in like before without the feints and the right timing. The pacman did commit mistakes in the fight like when he followed marquez around the ring without cutting the corners from the right or the fact that he didn't jab enough. It was because of this that marquez controlled the distance. But the exchanges were back and forth. Marquez's punches were textbook while Pacquiao's were as usual unorthodox. You could really see that Pacquiao had improved because the knock down came from a counter left hook after Marquez threw 2 punches and baam he's down. He was also able to counter with right hooks whenever Marquez went in in the later rounds. Another new thing I noticed was pacquaio threw a short hook after the standard double jab straight combo after parrying a counter. It wasn't like before because it was a short right hook that he threw quckly in an orthodox stance after the first combination(watch it and learn). So enough of the one arm bandit arguments. Marquez was also at his best as his uppercuts and sweeping right hooks were on the mark from incredible angles. But he was also lucky to have held the ropes and was able to regain his balance on two different rounds (3rd and the the tenth) otherwise he would have been down three times. It was damn close. I scored rounds 1,2 5, 7, 8 and the 12th for marquez while rounds 3,4,6,9,10 and 11 for paquiao. Final score: 114: 113 pacquiao by one point: And honestly that's how i see the fight and two judges. Ant the truth is Pacquiao is now the new world champion without any controversy except the ones created by sore losers who can't live with the truth or arm chair experts. Get a life! :shock: :o 8) :? :lol: :( :) :D


very well said bro!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:29 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:16 pm
Posts: 3041
Location: Davao Penal Colony
theDon wrote:
It was a very intense battle for superfeatherweight supremacy. Both fighters had their moments.

I saw the fight twice, on pay per view and on free tv, and I tried to score the fight as honestly and objectively as possible.

You know, I'm probably the biggest Pacquiao fan but I have to say that Pacquiao did not win that fight over Marquez. The only sure rounds he got were rounds 3, 4, and 9 (or was it 10). Most rounds were won by Marquez due to precision punching and perfect timing. Pacquiao, inspite of his handspeed, had a very hard time connecting in the entire fight.

That knockdown was great but it was only one knockdown and only good for a 10-8 round. Not enough to win an entire fight.

I think Pacquiao is definitely on a slide. His last great fight was against Morales 3. From Solis down to Barrera and now against Marquez, everything in his peformance has dipped. He always ends up fighting with only his guts and heart. In the near future that may not be enough. Or maybe the performance deficit is due to burnout since he almost spends all of his energy in training camp. I don't know. I think Manny should stop cramming his training in just an intense 7 to 8 weeks and concentrate to having a longer camp, say 3 months, and train with gradual intensity. So, he doesn't have to overburden his body by losing weight near fight time.

And please try not to label me as a JMM fanatic because I am not. I am one of the biggest PACMAN fans around. I'm just keeping it real.

But, well, a win is a win. So, congratulations Manny!



word! im feeling you bro!

_________________
sometimes you gotta go to hell to get to heaven


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group