Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:19 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:35 pm 
Lightweight

el critico wrote:
bob arum paid the judges to protect pacquiao
he have plans for bigger fights, he need pacquiao to look good eventhough he's starting to lose steam
it's just a matter of time and pacquiao would eventually bore his nuthuggers :biglaugh:

probably.. bOre his nuthuggers yeah. 2yrs from now hes gone.
but now, hes right there at the top.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:36 pm 
Heavyweight

el critico wrote:
he have plans for bigger fights, he need pacquiao to look good eventhough he's starting to lose steam
it's just a matter of time and pacquiao would eventually bore his nuthuggers :biglaugh:

now this is one of the biggest whiners of them all, in the league of Nacho and marquez bros as what as arum have been talking about... :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:39 pm 
Flyweight

RESPECT RESPECT RESPECT

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:40 pm 
Heavyweight

chernandez12340 wrote:
Anyone who knows boxing knows that JMM won the fight. Also, upon reviewing the fight it was obvious pacquiao scored a knockdown in the third round on a wild punch. Even the tv commentators were surprised at the decision. The Associated Press also saw the fight in favor of Marquez. By the way, how do you explain Pacquiao winning when the official scorecard had JMM landing a higher percentage of punches? JMM also proved to be the more talented boxer with better boxing technique. Perhaps they gave the fight to Pacquiao because he's more comercialized in the U.S.; having a white trainer doesn't hurt either.

so those who have manny winning don't know boxing? what a stupid premise for an argument...

you sound like a whining biatch to me...

and you need a new handle just to post this sh!t up... :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:44 pm 
Light Heavyweight

wnox wrote:
Honestly I watched the fight again and I still had pacquiao winning. You people probably never boxed in your entire life and are typical arm chair experts. Pacquiao did not engage as much because he was dealing with a master counter puncher dimwits. You'd be creating more angles if he just waded in like before without the feints and the right timing. The pacman did commit mistakes in the fight like when he followed marquez around the ring without cutting the corners from the right or the fact that he didn't jab enough. It was because of this that marquez controlled the distance. But the exchanges were back and forth. Marquez's punches were textbook while Pacquiao's were as usual unorthodox. You could really see that Pacquiao had improved because the knock down came from a counter left hook after Marquez threw 2 punches and baam he's down. He was also able to counter with right hooks whenever Marquez went in in the later rounds. Another new thing I noticed was pacquaio threw a short hook after the standard double jab straight combo after parrying a counter. It wasn't like before because it was a short right hook that he threw quckly in an orthodox stance after the first combination(watch it and learn). So enough of the one arm bandit arguments. Marquez was also at his best as his uppercuts and sweeping right hooks were on the mark from incredible angles. But he was also lucky to have held the ropes and was able to regain his balance on two different rounds (3rd and the the tenth) otherwise he would have been down three times. It was damn close. I scored rounds 1,2 5, 7, 8 and the 12th for marquez while rounds 3,4,6,9,10 and 11 for paquiao. Final score: 114: 113 pacquiao by one point: And honestly that's how i see the fight and two judges. Ant the truth is Pacquiao is now the new world champion without any controversy except the ones created by sore losers who can't live with the truth or arm chair experts. Get a life! :shock: :o 8) :? :lol: :( :) :D

i agree ...!!!iinum nalang yan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:48 pm 
Welterweight

I thought JMM is going to die fighting pacman. I even made a thread about it. But marquez really shocked me. He is really good. I am a pacman and I am very happy that the judges awrded the fight in favor of manny. But scoring the fight objectively I have JMM as the winner 115-113. At the end of round 10 I had the fight tied but JMM dominated the last two rounds. Kudos to JMM. It is time to give JMM the respect.

Count me in to those pacman fans who thinks that JMM indeed wins the rematch.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:51 pm 
Featherweight

el critico wrote:

Hahaha>>>

Take the comments of Bob Arum after the fight: Boxing is a great sport.. comments like this one makes it bad...

Pacquiao look slow.. not because he has slowed down... It's Marquez markmanship and skill.. A style not meant for pacquiao...

But still I believe he won the fight.. no need to pay the judges...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:57 pm 
Heavyweight

and you honestly didn't see the fight :D :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:08 pm 
Strawweight

i watched the fight on TV after i watched it live in the theatre and it was a close fight, JMM won rounds 2,6,7 & 8 and MP rounds 3,4,9 &,10 while rounds 1,5,10 & 12 could go either way so Judges see it in MP,s favor. I think the Jerry Roth gave JMM the score because he liked his technical style while the other judge scored it 115-112 in favor of MP because he likes MP's aggresiveness and tenacity, so for me the best who scored the bout was by the last judge who scored it 114-113, because he gave both fighters 6 rounds each. i think the fight was well judged, MP deserve the championship, for those who said as if JMM was robbed of a convincing win against MP, that's bullshit. if you're not a real boxing fan you will see the fight on JMM's favor because he is more steady and technical, his stance is more pleasant to the viewers while MP's style is unorthodox, unconventional and somewhat unbalance but if watch the fight again objectively you will agree with the decision.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:12 pm 
Cruiserweight

I thought so too. I thought JMM won most of the rounds.

Na swertihan si Idol :lol: :lol:

Trans: JMM got lucky that he wasn't KOed totally by the PACMAN

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:25 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Yes, I, too were one of those Pacfans who were hanging they're heads, bracing for the dreaded "still superfeatherweight champion" announcement by Buffer. But to my shock, it went something like "and new....". Thats when i went nuts.

But here is how it goes in boxing. Three judges, three different sides of the ring (therefore some shots will be seen, some wont. Some will be seen better, and other wont etc). No video replay for them. No assistance from other watchers. They have to call and adjudicate based on what "they" see!!!!

Here's my opinion Manny's "overtly" aggressive style creates the illusion that he is always the one coming forward and the opponent, obviously backing up. Hence on the at basis, it will always appear to ringside judge, that Manny is in control of the fight (most times or at least it sways when he wants it to).

Another thing to note is that Manny ate JMM's powershots, no problem, bar the one to the eye he copped, where as JMM was obviously stunned numerous times throughout the bout, especially in the 3 and 10th rounds.
Like it or not - to a ringside judge, powershots are more obvious then clean crisp rights and lefts, hence he "might" opt for whomever is throwing the former, simply because it seems to be having an impact on the victim.

I will admit, that Manny won a really close one. I thought this was more a draw then the last, i guess in the name of justice, this balances things out. Still a third fight must be fought!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:34 pm 
Light Heavyweight

while i was watching the fight live, i roughly scored it without a pen in hand. and since i have been so used to watch manny not get tagged as JMM did him tonight, i gave most if not all the close rounds to JMM. but i thought maybe i was awed too much by seeing JMM tag manny more than a couple of times than any opponent manny has faced, or maybe, being a pac fan, i was just bracing myself not to get disappointed if JMM beats manny on the scorecards.

just like the others, i decided to watch the replay on free tv, muted the commentary so i can get unbiased opinions, and write my scores. after 12 rounds, i had it 114-113 giving the 12th round to JMM.

after i get a copy of the fight, i'd like to try scoring it again until i'm fully convinced of the decision.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:40 pm 
Bantamweight

I believe that it could have gone either way and certain that MP would have lost if JMM didnt kiss the canvas in round 3. But from what I have noticed, JMM's conditioning is much better than MP (maybe due to 3 mos training). JMM is superb in his counter punching skills, MP's speed and stamina is winding down at the later rounds, and the old explosive relentless attack with blinding handspeed pacquiao is quite amiss at the fight. Maybe due to wariness and admission of JMM's boxing ability, but I would concede that with much claim of a two fisted MP, which he didnt often displayed on the fight, had he combined it with his old relentless vicious self he would have won the fight in a much brighter, much convincing, punctuating win over JMM and would have JMM conceding to defeat rather than having JMM saying again that he was robbed by judges. With that display of power at the 3rd round I think MP would have won much convincingly had he been more agressive and relentless like his fight with Barrera and Morales

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:41 pm 
Heavyweight

FiloBoxaDownUnda wrote:
Yes, I, too were one of those Pacfans who were hanging they're heads, bracing for the dreaded "still superfeatherweight champion" announcement by Buffer. But to my shock, it went something like "and new....". Thats when i went nuts.

But here is how it goes in boxing. Three judges, three different sides of the ring (therefore some shots will be seen, some wont. Some will be seen better, and other wont etc). No video replay for them. No assistance from other watchers. They have to call and adjudicate based on what "they" see!!!!

Here's my opinion Manny's "overtly" aggressive style creates the illusion that he is always the one coming forward and the opponent, obviously backing up. Hence on the at basis, it will always appear to ringside judge, that Manny is in control of the fight (most times or at least it sways when he wants it to).

Another thing to note is that Manny ate JMM's powershots, no problem, bar the one to the eye he copped, where as JMM was obviously stunned numerous times throughout the bout, especially in the 3 and 10th rounds.
Like it or not - to a ringside judge, powershots are more obvious then clean crisp rights and lefts, hence he "might" opt for whomever is throwing the former, simply because it seems to be having an impact on the victim.

I will admit, that Manny won a really close one. I thought this was more a draw then the last, i guess in the name of justice, this balances things out. Still a third fight must be fought!

pro-boxing is a hurting game...it was a close fight...but definitely marquez was the one who received more hurtin' in the end...

If marquez is brave enough to follow pacquiao at 135, get some Ws or even some belts, then we may have a third fight...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:44 pm 
Middleweight

theDon wrote:
It was a very intense battle for superfeatherweight supremacy. Both fighters had their moments.

I saw the fight twice, on pay per view and on free tv, and I tried to score the fight as honestly and objectively as possible.

You know, I'm probably the biggest Pacquiao fan but I have to say that Pacquiao did not win that fight over Marquez. The only sure rounds he got were rounds 3, 4, and 9 (or was it 10). Most rounds were won by Marquez due to precision punching and perfect timing. Pacquiao, inspite of his handspeed, had a very hard time connecting in the entire fight.

That knockdown was great but it was only one knockdown and only good for a 10-8 round. Not enough to win an entire fight.

I think Pacquiao is definitely on a slide. His last great fight was against Morales 3. From Solis down to Barrera and now against Marquez, everything in his peformance has dipped. He always ends up fighting with only his guts and heart. In the near future that may not be enough. Or maybe the performance deficit is due to burnout since he almost spends all of his energy in training camp. I don't know. I think Manny should stop cramming his training in just an intense 7 to 8 weeks and concentrate to having a longer camp, say 3 months, and train with gradual intensity. So, he doesn't have to overburden his body by losing weight near fight time.

And please try not to label me as a JMM fanatic because I am not. I am one of the biggest PACMAN fans around. I'm just keeping it real.

But, well, a win is a win. So, congratulations Manny!

You failed to see...that JMM hold on the rope...and he must be counted for doing so....

Try to watch the fight for the third time...and do no expect a KO from Manny..u will be surprized that your score will be in favor of Manny...

Manny WON....clearly..period.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next