Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:20 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:58 am 
Heavyweight

A draw or a Pacquiao victory would have been acceptable.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:00 am 
Lightweight

pacquiao won. but damn that was close.. it took me 3 replays of the fight to realize pacquiao won.. when ur rooting for a guy, every time he gets hit, u kinda react as if hes losin. thats exactly what the filipino commentators were doing.. when i watched d neutral hbo telecast, i could see clearer that pacquiao wasn't as badly hurt as i thought he was.. those stupid filipino commentators kept panicking! he dealt out as much punishment as marquez did. his shots were the more damaing shots, but marquez was more accurate. pacquiao did just a tad less than marquez overall to win if there was no KD. when i say just a tad, this means marquez was ahead at most by a point if u dont include the kd. the fact is tho, there was a kd (10-8 round) so pacquiao to me won this fight by a point. draw couldv been acceptable as well, but a marquez win would've been far more controversial than pacquiao winning.. any 115-112 score in this fight is just ridiculous. great fight! but pacquiao won. there shud be a re-match in the future at lightweight for pac's WBC lightweight title (hopefully).. I think pac will knock him out then.. but for now... HAIL THE NEW SUPER FEATHERWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD!!!! 8)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:04 am 
Bantamweight

bro we have many winners here for being cry-babies. :(

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:10 am 
Heavyweight

Then why is it they're just few who saw it in Marquez favor. Can't you just take a second look on how you scored it and the bases on how you gave more rounds for Marquez. Analyze bro, you're going against the majority who saw the fight for Pacquiao. That means you havent seen things that most of us saw in that fight. I would agree that there is a controversy in the decision if the majority of the boxing press starts making some noise about it like what they usually do whenever there is an obvious robbery. . Unfortunately for you vitor, theyre all quiet and satisfied of the result.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:12 am 
Light Heavyweight

i show the upmost respect for sir ALA because of the great things he has done for philippine boxing. i also feel the same for donaire because he has become a world champion. donaire talks the talk, and walks the walk.

i have 114-113 pacquiao. yes, marquez landed with more "power shots" and better accuracy.

why is power shots in ""? because marquez's power shots were not as powerful as pacquiao's. pacquiao was able to recover from marquez's power shots (and yes, i've already taken into account pacquiao's cut on the right eye from a punch by marquez). however, marquez would get dazed from pacquiao's power shots.

whoever inflicted more damage during that round won that round on my personal scorecard. i felt like pacquiao inflicted more damage to his opponent.

just my two cents. have a good day.

Ring Magazine Pound4Pound: #1 PACQUIAO, #5 DONAIRE

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:19 am 
Welterweight

LitMakuh wrote:
Then why is it they're just few who saw it in Marquez favor. Can't you just take a second look on how you scored it and the bases on how you gave more rounds for Marquez. Analyze bro, you're going against the majority who saw the fight for Pacquiao. That means you havent seen things that most of us saw in that fight. I would agree that there is a controversy in the decision if the majority of the boxing press starts making some noise about it like what they usually do whenever there is an obvious robbery. . Unfortunately for you vitor, theyre all quiet and satisfied of the result.

They're all whispering it. Since the fight was so good they don't wanna take anything away from the fighters, YET. Even still, this much controversial buzz is a lot considering it hasn't even been 3 days since its conclusion. The noise will grow louder and louder, just watch.

I just can't see it for Pacquiao. At fighttime I had it 117-111 (9 rounds to 3), I made sure I didn't look at my previous rounds scoring so that I could judge each round on its own. At best I have it 114-113 Marquez (7 to 5). I just can't see 6 rounds a piece. I rewatch it and try to give the close rounds to Pacquiao-even against my better judgement, I try to change my judging style to suit Pacquiao and I still can't justify giving Manny 6 rounds. Marquez won at least 7 rounds, there's no doubt in my mind.

1. Norifumi "KID" Yamamoto
2. Z Gorres
3. Joan Guzman
4. Yuriorkis Gamboa
5. Manny Pacquiao
6. Hozumi Hasegawa
7. Masato
8. Namsaknoi
9. Seanchai Sor Kingstar
10. Vitor Belfort

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:24 am 
Middleweight

There is too much uncertianty....there needs to be a third match...none of this david diaz b.s

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:25 am 
Cruiserweight

Vitor still crying eh? Try to watch the replay and play it in slow motion specially rds 1,9,11,12 and you'll see what you talking about. I had it score 114-113 for MP at first. But when i saw the replay in slow motion oh boy i scored it 115-113. Especially for rounds 11 and 12. What we did not see it live fight is that how Manny blocks those punches with his left hand. Clearly Manny is the winner so STOP CRYING!!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:29 am 
Middleweight

malkovic wrote:
brush it off bro, its done! and you were not among the judges. lol. know what? its better to keep it to yourself and maybe someday you will learn to accept it. maybe those judges were not among the best, but they were chosen and not YOU. so give us the break, a whole country is celebrating. dont be kJ. you can celebrate your claimed victory too with ALA and donaire and among others and i guess most people here will not disturb you. ganun lang yun ka simple. konting utak lang gagamitin nyan. to be honest you are too annoying. peace

Donaire did not claim his choice over the judges verdict... he said the fight could have gone either way and he is happy that Manny won.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:36 am 
Middleweight

nordik wrote:
Vitor still crying eh? Try to watch the replay and play it in slow motion specially rds 1,9,11,12 and you'll see what you talking about. I had it score 114-113 for MP at first. But when i saw the replay in slow motion oh boy i scored it 115-113. Especially for rounds 11 and 12. What we did not see it live fight is that how Manny blocks those punches with his left hand. Clearly Manny is the winner so STOP CRYING!!!

Well Vitor couldn't stop. Maybe he has a nagger's mentality (parang sirang plaka) that's why. We just have to live with his kind...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:38 am 
Heavyweight

Suck it up!!! Bwahahahahaha

Manny Pacquiao did not just open the door, but the entire border for our Filipino boxers, trainers, promoters, sports writers and even the Pinoy boxing fans to the boxing world to be reckoned with. Pac Yo Da Man!!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:39 am 
Cruiserweight

......as usual, another pissing contest..........

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:40 am 
Featherweight

how much did u bet againts pacman dude?bwahahhaha!!! :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:41 am 
Light Heavyweight

Actually all three of you called it wrong. I called it 114-113 for Pacquiao and Pacquiao won. So you can pretend you're a genius and you can nuthug ALA and Donaire while you're at it but a lot of people including non-Filipinos scored it for Pacquiao in a tight finals score. Guess what, THE REAL JUDGES scored it that way too! Pac should've won the first fight too, the judge admitted his fault. So quit hating and being delusional. You are no expert, the real judges who saw the fight with their eyes and heard the punches and the impact in person scored the best out of any wannabe judge out there. Pacquiao won. Even Harold Lederer HBO's unofficial judge scored it 115-112 for Pacquiao an d he was ringside. Where were you?!?!?! You were just on the TV where you can't really see the impact of the punches and have no experience being a pro judge just like Nonito "the wannabe next big thing in Filipino boxing" Donaire.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:41 am 
Heavyweight

Crybaby like the opposition. Keep crying. Nobody cares anyway.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next