Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:50 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:30 am 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:00 am
Posts: 321
lbcya99 wrote:
bla bla bla who gives a shyt what the donaire's and ala think. The judges already made their decision. pac is the new champion. Cry all you want it wont change a damn thing. pac is still the NEW WBC SUPERFEATHERWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD :D


Don't forget, who gives a $hit about what Vit0r thinks?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:34 am 
Offline
Lightweight

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:49 am
Posts: 128
like they've said, your just a FAN vitor, not a judge. game over gay! your juanita LOST and will always be a LOOOSER! SO shut your loud pooosy! :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:35 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2004 1:34 am
Posts: 9451
Location: Makati, Philippines
hey vitor, the self-proclaimed metlog.

ALA didn;t even bother to give his score. he just said he had marquez two points ahead.

TWO POINTS AHEAD?!

can anybody here give me a scenario making marquez two points ahead, considering the kd on th 3rd, without scoring one round even? that alone proves that ALA, a boxing man at that, didn't bother to tally up the points in the right manner.

either he was gueesing, or he didn't know how to score a bout using the 10 point must system.
even if marquez won 114-113, i'd still take it as a good decision. 115-112 would be too much, with the kd.

114-113 for manny was the way i saw it. an extra round for a 115-112 MP would also be reasonable.

when it gets to 117-111 Packy, now that's robbery.

_________________
"The most erroneous stories are those we think we know best -- and therefore never scrutinize or question."

- stephen jay gould


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:11 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:47 am
Posts: 8304
Location: nevermind
...the judges made their decission, we shall respect it...for those who can't get over on the result...why not apply as judge(s) for a third rematch if ever there will be one, whknows you'll get the job...there are lot of judging controversies in the past and they were left behind as it is...the only thing you can do now is to pray that your boy marquez will outperform packy in a third match...remember, accepting defeat is also a virtue...

_________________
...love one another...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:24 am 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:00 pm
Posts: 355
Location: Melbourne, Victoria
Vit0r wrote:
Ahhh the beloved ALA and Donaire. Like myself, they both viewed the fight in favor of Marquez. And what does "Filipinoland" do? They roast em. Unlike Donaire or ALA, I shoot it straight. No need to be respectful about it because I come with the truth. They, at least, were nice enough to take your feelings into consideration and not announce it so blatently. Well, you know what?

PACQUIAO LOST

That loud enough for ya?

"Filipinoland" needs to be open minded and not turn their backs on ALA or Donaire just for speaking THE TRUTH. Stop being mindless drones, stop being bandwagon fans, learn how to actually score a fight instead of using BS claims to support your argument. Marquez won AT LEAST 7 rounds. That KD is nullified because Marquez would still be leading by a score of 114-113. You guy's are lucky because the way I see it Manny lost 9 rounds. Whatever the case may be, show some respect for ALA and Donaire.


Ano gusto mo gawin ni manny? e uwi ang belt?

or donaire just jealous....and ala wants to promote manny


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:39 am 
Offline
Featherweight

Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:50 am
Posts: 61
Shut the he#$%%ll up! Yeah, the blind biased comments like "PAC is #1 and can kick gaayweather's butt" is to say the least, MAKING PINOYS fans look like we don't know boxing. But, as a long time fight fan I've followed boxing for years and I still have PAC winning. Just because Pinoy fans get alot of slack doesn't mean we need to appease other boxing fans by downplaying a Manny's victory. Manny did great and in my opinion won this fight by a close margin. Also, Donaire has always annoyed me so I'm not suprised he's "calling it as it is" and "not sugar coating things".

Despite the solid pop shots and counter punching from Marquez Pac was just the stronger fighter, inflicted more damage, and put Marquez in more trouble more often.

I watched this fight twice and I saw it 6 rounds to 6 w/ the KD being the deciding factor. Rounds 1, 5, and 11 I believe could of gone either way so thus leading to some discrepancies.

Marquez took 2,6,8, and 12

While Manny took 3,4, 7,9,10


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:48 am 
Offline
Featherweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:25 pm
Posts: 66
Vit0r wrote:
Ahhh the beloved ALA and Donaire. Like myself, they both viewed the fight in favor of Marquez. And what does "Filipinoland" do? They roast em. Unlike Donaire or ALA, I shoot it straight. No need to be respectful about it because I come with the truth. They, at least, were nice enough to take your feelings into consideration and not announce it so blatently. Well, you know what?

PACQUIAO LOST

That loud enough for ya?

"Filipinoland" needs to be open minded and not turn their backs on ALA or Donaire just for speaking THE TRUTH. Stop being mindless drones, stop being bandwagon fans, learn how to actually score a fight instead of using BS claims to support your argument. Marquez won AT LEAST 7 rounds. That KD is nullified because Marquez would still be leading by a score of 114-113. You guy's are lucky because the way I see it Manny lost 9 rounds. Whatever the case may be, show some respect for ALA and Donaire.


it happens foo chill out just kuz they agree with you doesn't mean it's correct like bob arum said " you gotta learn to live with a close decision" and a rematch might just end up leading to 4 fuggin fights because if marquez wins it won't be by k.o it will be by decision and a close one at that. By doing so it will just get old. both great are fighters im not talking **** away from marquez hes good but didn't do what he said was "enough" to keep his title by getting knockdown that took away points that marquez need to be considered "enough" for him to keep his title. just stop being so sensitive foo its buggin people.

_________________
"they know what is what but they don't know what is what they just strut... what the FCK!!"~ fckaganda


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:50 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:17 am
Posts: 1563
comeoutswinging wrote:
Shut the he#$%%ll up! Yeah, the blind biased comments like "PAC is #1 and can kick gaayweather's butt" is to say the least, MAKING PINOYS fans look like we don't know boxing. But, as a long time fight fan I've followed boxing for years and I still have PAC winning. Just because Pinoy fans get alot of slack doesn't mean we need to appease other boxing fans by downplaying a Manny's victory. Manny did great and in my opinion won this fight by a close margin. Also, Donaire has always annoyed me so I'm not suprised he's "calling it as it is" and "not sugar coating things".

Despite the solid pop shots and counter punching from Marquez Pac was just the stronger fighter, inflicted more damage, and put Marquez in more trouble more often.

I watched this fight twice and I saw it 6 rounds to 6 w/ the KD being the deciding factor. Rounds 1, 5, and 11 I believe could of gone either way so thus leading to some discrepancies.

Marquez took 2,6,8, and 12

While Manny took 3,4, 7,9,10


I am sick of the notion that Filipino fans don't know anything about boxing. Mexican fans say worse crap and more ignorant comments the only problem is they are horrible in english. Yea there's a lot of Filipinos that don't know much about boxing, but how much do you really need to know? By ration and proportion FILIPINOS KNOW MORE ABOUT BOXING THAN AMERICA!!! THINK ABOUT IT!!! America is a huge country but you can go on the streets and ask a stranger what they know about boxing, 9/10 times you'll get an answer of Mike Tyson or Muhammad Ali only, but Filipinos know so much more!!! Even banana-q vendors know Tyson and Ali but they know Espinosa, Penalosa, Pacquiao, Morales plus a lot more too. Those who say Filipinos don't know a thing about boxing our just jealous at how passionate Filipinos are because a few "experts" may know more about the science of boxing but even a regular filipino that don't know how to spell boxing watches and is a fan of boxing.

_________________
www.DSOURCEboxing.com
www.Twitter.com/dRealSource


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:04 am 
Offline
Lightweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:49 am
Posts: 190
Location: Kazakhstan
Vit0r wrote:
LitMakuh wrote:
Then why is it they're just few who saw it in Marquez favor. Can't you just take a second look on how you scored it and the bases on how you gave more rounds for Marquez. Analyze bro, you're going against the majority who saw the fight for Pacquiao. That means you havent seen things that most of us saw in that fight. I would agree that there is a controversy in the decision if the majority of the boxing press starts making some noise about it like what they usually do whenever there is an obvious robbery. . Unfortunately for you vitor, theyre all quiet and satisfied of the result.


They're all whispering it. Since the fight was so good they don't wanna take anything away from the fighters, YET. Even still, this much controversial buzz is a lot considering it hasn't even been 3 days since its conclusion. The noise will grow louder and louder, just watch.

I just can't see it for Pacquiao. At fighttime I had it 117-111 (9 rounds to 3), I made sure I didn't look at my previous rounds scoring so that I could judge each round on its own. At best I have it 114-113 Marquez (7 to 5). I just can't see 6 rounds a piece. I rewatch it and try to give the close rounds to Pacquiao-even against my better judgement, I try to change my judging style to suit Pacquiao and I still can't justify giving Manny 6 rounds. Marquez won at least 7 rounds, there's no doubt in my mind.

Then if you had it 7 rounds for Marquez, did you count the KD? Pacquaio was the aggressor and the one landing cleaner and power shots.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:11 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:59 am
Posts: 8807
dsource1981 wrote:
comeoutswinging wrote:
Shut the he#$%%ll up! Yeah, the blind biased comments like "PAC is #1 and can kick gaayweather's butt" is to say the least, MAKING PINOYS fans look like we don't know boxing. But, as a long time fight fan I've followed boxing for years and I still have PAC winning. Just because Pinoy fans get alot of slack doesn't mean we need to appease other boxing fans by downplaying a Manny's victory. Manny did great and in my opinion won this fight by a close margin. Also, Donaire has always annoyed me so I'm not suprised he's "calling it as it is" and "not sugar coating things".

Despite the solid pop shots and counter punching from Marquez Pac was just the stronger fighter, inflicted more damage, and put Marquez in more trouble more often.

I watched this fight twice and I saw it 6 rounds to 6 w/ the KD being the deciding factor. Rounds 1, 5, and 11 I believe could of gone either way so thus leading to some discrepancies.

Marquez took 2,6,8, and 12

While Manny took 3,4, 7,9,10


I am sick of the notion that Filipino fans don't know anything about boxing. Mexican fans say worse crap and more ignorant comments the only problem is they are horrible in english. Yea there's a lot of Filipinos that don't know much about boxing, but how much do you really need to know? By ration and proportion FILIPINOS KNOW MORE ABOUT BOXING THAN AMERICA!!! THINK ABOUT IT!!! America is a huge country but you can go on the streets and ask a stranger what they know about boxing, 9/10 times you'll get an answer of Mike Tyson or Muhammad Ali only, but Filipinos know so much more!!! Even banana-q vendors know Tyson and Ali but they know Espinosa, Penalosa, Pacquiao, Morales plus a lot more too. Those who say Filipinos don't know a thing about boxing our just jealous at how passionate Filipinos are because a few "experts" may know more about the science of boxing but even a regular filipino that don't know how to spell boxing watches and is a fan of boxing.

very true. the Filipino fans are not ignorant about boxing, it's the critics that are ignorant about the Filipino fans! they can't stand or envy the Filipinos intense love for the sports, hence they hate! so f@ck them all! hehehe

_________________
Manny Pacquiao did not just open the door, but the entire border for our Filipino boxers, trainers, promoters, sports writers and even the Pinoy boxing fans to the boxing world to be reckoned with. Pac Yo Da Man!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:24 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:20 am
Posts: 5883
Location: Oz'
I honestly scored the bout 114-113 in favor of Manny, there were rounds too close to call, like rounds 5,6 and 12.
I gave rounds 1,3,4,6,9,10 for manny, and for JMM rounds 2,5,7,8,11,12. If were'nt for knockdown in 3rd round it would go again for draw I think.
So Vitor I would like to say it to you that you can't change the decision by keep on whining.
Accept it and move on, Im sure JMM will become champion again, he is tough I agree, just stop your peevishness for God sake.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:34 am 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2003 4:21 am
Posts: 930
Location: Monrovia, California
I watched the fight in slow mo and counted the landed punches. Pacquiao definitely won the fight. It wasn't that difficult to score as the rounds JMM won he clearly won with much more landed shots than Pac but there's still the 10-9 rule. Pac just had more rounds won but with less margin. You also can't say Marquez had the more telling blows as the only time Pac was wobbled was at the end of the 2nd rd. Pac should've been credited a 2nd kd when JMM grabbed onto the ropes. WBC rules if a fighter falls from a hit and keeps himself up by grabbing the ropes it's considered a kd. If anyone has any doubts, watch the whole fight in slow mo and count the blows.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:41 am 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:43 am
Posts: 441
Location: USA
Vit0r wrote:
Ahhh the beloved ALA and Donaire. Like myself, they both viewed the fight in favor of Marquez. And what does "Filipinoland" do? They roast em. Unlike Donaire or ALA, I shoot it straight. No need to be respectful about it because I come with the truth. They, at least, were nice enough to take your feelings into consideration and not announce it so blatently. Well, you know what?

PACQUIAO LOST

That loud enough for ya?

"Filipinoland" needs to be open minded and not turn their backs on ALA or Donaire just for speaking THE TRUTH. Stop being mindless drones, stop being bandwagon fans, learn how to actually score a fight instead of using BS claims to support your argument. Marquez won AT LEAST 7 rounds. That KD is nullified because Marquez would still be leading by a score of 114-113. You guy's are lucky because the way I see it Manny lost 9 rounds. Whatever the case may be, show some respect for ALA and Donaire.



Too bad..... Paquiao wins!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:46 am 
Offline
Flyweight

Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:39 pm
Posts: 22
Location: Manila
you are as blind as marquez and the rest of the people who thinks juanita won.

marquez just dominated the rounds that he won....not the whole fight.

6 round each 114-113 pacman


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:53 am 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2003 4:02 pm
Posts: 753
Location: Cebu City
Vit0r wrote:
Ahhh the beloved ALA and Donaire. Like myself, they both viewed the fight in favor of Marquez. And what does "Filipinoland" do? They roast em. Unlike Donaire or ALA, I shoot it straight. No need to be respectful about it because I come with the truth. They, at least, were nice enough to take your feelings into consideration and not announce it so blatently. Well, you know what?

PACQUIAO LOST

That loud enough for ya?

"Filipinoland" needs to be open minded and not turn their backs on ALA or Donaire just for speaking THE TRUTH. Stop being mindless drones, stop being bandwagon fans, learn how to actually score a fight instead of using BS claims to support your argument. Marquez won AT LEAST 7 rounds. That KD is nullified because Marquez would still be leading by a score of 114-113. You guy's are lucky because the way I see it Manny lost 9 rounds. Whatever the case may be, show some respect for ALA and Donaire.


We will respect your opinion (not expertise) if you respect ours as well. If you had Marquez winning, its up to you. Its how you saw the fight. Did you watch the fight LIVE? I think you didn't, just like me. We watch the fight on the tube, and there is a lot of difference. Pacquiao landed the HARDER punches, which had more effect on Marquez. Marquez may have been very accurate, but this is not amateur boxing. I scored it 6 rounds to 6, 114-113 for Pacquiao. The only difference was the knockdown.
By the way, we will always respect ALA, and Nonito because they know a lot about boxing, unlike us here trying so hard to sound like experts in the sport.

_________________
"We're gonna see whether Kelly Pavlik can handle that initial shock after discovering he's been lied to... This guy is not old!" -- Bernard "The Executioner" Hopkins - 2008


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group