Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:12 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:57 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:11 pm
Posts: 5808
Donaire probably would like Pacman to lose because Pacman hogging all the limelights.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:15 am 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:30 am
Posts: 558
Location: Hanging out at the Kremlin disguised as an anime fangirl.
This thread seems to be more entertaining than the boxing match itself. Keep it up, and please pass the popcorn. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:23 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:26 pm
Posts: 1721
Location: Pilipinas
Thunder_knuckles wrote:
Donaire probably would like Pacman to lose because Pacman hogging all the limelights.


same with here bro...and for ALA to give some limelight for the upcoming April 6 fight that think could be a one sided win for the boys against the unknown

just my though..gaving a column for what they though doenst means who is right or wrong


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:24 am 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:52 am
Posts: 919
Location: Boston,MA
Now the so called "boxing experts" have come out.....

will you people (i'm not generalizing :D ) stop that bullcrap saying that the other man "clearly won" the fight??

you haven't understood what a close fight really means, do you??

the fight was close enough to say that it could have gone either way and that it boiled down to how the judges have seen it. there really was NO CLEAR WINNER, as if the fight was a one-sided fight, i hope these dull-headed "boxing experts" understand what it means.

in boxing when a fight was too close and very tough to call, judging becomes so subjective that both sides have to learn to live with the decision. that's why we sometimes say we hate to see one of the fighter lose in such a great fight. and that's why there's three judges up close to the ring. and we recognize and respect their final verdict.

and there's no CLEAR CUT way of saying the other one wins in such a close fight, so please shut your mouth up instead of crying like a baby. These things happen in great fights in boxing.

OK pacquaio won a close decision, and please learn to live with the fact and respect that others might have seen it the other way, WHY? because it was such a close fight. Is it hard to understand that?? so saying that Pacquiao clearly lost is a BULLCRAP.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:27 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 16, 2004 2:50 pm
Posts: 2133
imPACtito wrote:
Vit0r wrote:
Ahhh the beloved ALA and Donaire. Like myself, they both viewed the fight in favor of Marquez. And what does "Filipinoland" do? They roast em. Unlike Donaire or ALA, I shoot it straight. No need to be respectful about it because I come with the truth. They, at least, were nice enough to take your feelings into consideration and not announce it so blatently. Well, you know what?

PACQUIAO LOST

That loud enough for ya?

"Filipinoland" needs to be open minded and not turn their backs on ALA or Donaire just for speaking THE TRUTH. Stop being mindless drones, stop being bandwagon fans, learn how to actually score a fight instead of using BS claims to support your argument. Marquez won AT LEAST 7 rounds. That KD is nullified because Marquez would still be leading by a score of 114-113. You guy's are lucky because the way I see it Manny lost 9 rounds. Whatever the case may be, show some respect for ALA and Donaire.

what? I watched it many times at least 9 times and saw it 6 rounds each for both of them. But Pac KO'd marquez in 3rd. Watch it again bro, youll see the difference.


Forget about convincing this big Marquez fanatics. No matter how many times this guy or gay watch the fight, he would still come up with the same conclusion (that's why he is call fanatics). As for Donaire & other "pinoys" who thought Marquez won, I forgive them they are only human. I just hope Donaire won't come up with this kind of situation wherein Pacquiao himself would open up to the press by saying that Donaire's opponent deserve to win.

The bottom line is : Everyone is entitled to their own judgement. In a very close contest like this, poeple's views will always be evenly splitted, so as those 3 judges. By applying a simple logic in this issue, 2 of the three judges is in favor of Manny. Then include Harold Ledderman's score card which is almost identical to 1 of the judges. Therefore this case is now close. STOP WHINING sore LOSSERS.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:20 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:37 pm
Posts: 1896
bhong888 wrote:
Vit0r wrote:
Ahhh the beloved ALA and Donaire. Like myself, they both viewed the fight in favor of Marquez. And what does "Filipinoland" do? They roast em. Unlike Donaire or ALA, I shoot it straight. No need to be respectful about it because I come with the truth. They, at least, were nice enough to take your feelings into consideration and not announce it so blatently. Well, you know what?

PACQUIAO LOST

That loud enough for ya?

"Filipinoland" needs to be open minded and not turn their backs on ALA or Donaire just for speaking THE TRUTH. Stop being mindless drones, stop being bandwagon fans, learn how to actually score a fight instead of using BS claims to support your argument. Marquez won AT LEAST 7 rounds. That KD is nullified because Marquez would still be leading by a score of 114-113. You guy's are lucky because the way I see it Manny lost 9 rounds. Whatever the case may be, show some respect for ALA and Donaire.



Too bad..... Paquiao wins!


Respect for ALA? Donaire? Here it is... :finger: :finger: :finger:

Vitor you're a :cry: :cry: :cry: :beeh: :beeh: :beeh:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:33 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:46 am
Posts: 4626
Location: GEORGE CARLIN (May 12, 1937–June 22, 2008)
vitor is god!

:peace:

_________________

If you don't think drugs have done good things for us, then take all of your records, tapes and CD's and burn them.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:13 am 
Offline
Strawweight

Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:11 am
Posts: 7
[color=#000000]First of all "LET'S CELEBRATE!!!!"
We are the PILIPINO, We WON the Fight we saw it!!!!
i hate to those debating that Pacquiao lost it!!!!!!
Specially sa mga KAPWA ko PILIPINO!!!!
3 words i want to say for them........
...======> ALIMANGO!, ALIMASAG, CRAB!!!!!!!!

[/color]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:38 pm 
Offline
Lightweight

Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:31 pm
Posts: 123
dsource1981 wrote:
comeoutswinging wrote:
Shut the he#$%%ll up! Yeah, the blind biased comments like "PAC is #1 and can kick gaayweather's butt" is to say the least, MAKING PINOYS fans look like we don't know boxing. But, as a long time fight fan I've followed boxing for years and I still have PAC winning. Just because Pinoy fans get alot of slack doesn't mean we need to appease other boxing fans by downplaying a Manny's victory. Manny did great and in my opinion won this fight by a close margin. Also, Donaire has always annoyed me so I'm not suprised he's "calling it as it is" and "not sugar coating things".

Despite the solid pop shots and counter punching from Marquez Pac was just the stronger fighter, inflicted more damage, and put Marquez in more trouble more often.

I watched this fight twice and I saw it 6 rounds to 6 w/ the KD being the deciding factor. Rounds 1, 5, and 11 I believe could of gone either way so thus leading to some discrepancies.

Marquez took 2,6,8, and 12

While Manny took 3,4, 7,9,10


I am sick of the notion that Filipino fans don't know anything about boxing. Mexican fans say worse crap and more ignorant comments the only problem is they are horrible in english. Yea there's a lot of Filipinos that don't know much about boxing, but how much do you really need to know? By ration and proportion FILIPINOS KNOW MORE ABOUT BOXING THAN AMERICA!!! THINK ABOUT IT!!! America is a huge country but you can go on the streets and ask a stranger what they know about boxing, 9/10 times you'll get an answer of Mike Tyson or Muhammad Ali only, but Filipinos know so much more!!! Even banana-q vendors know Tyson and Ali but they know Espinosa, Penalosa, Pacquiao, Morales plus a lot more too. Those who say Filipinos don't know a thing about boxing our just jealous at how passionate Filipinos are because a few "experts" may know more about the science of boxing but even a regular filipino that don't know how to spell boxing watches and is a fan of boxing.



The notion Filipino Fans don't know anything is because they create forums like this and allow any ***** to speak. Ha! And comparing Filipinos to Mexicans? Wow that's smart homeboy! sO YOU ARE SAYING WE ARE STUPID??! You JUST admitted that mexicans say worse crap and ignorant comments, meaning that we do make crap and ignorant comments regarding boxing!?? Why is this? Let's see...everyone is a F*cking expert here. Filipinos don't know more about boxing you *****. No one country does. And if you want to say that we do, explain why Freddie Roach is coaching Pacman? Banana-Q vendors know of Penalosa and Pacman because of the amount of exposure on television in the Philippines. Like stated before, Pacman is the hope of the country, the one that can united the RP. In the states, they have so many sports idols, in basketball, in football, in boxing...they don't floss any sports hero for more than the event that is needed. There's a difference between being a fan and supporting and being a fan and giving advice like you would either know how to coach, youknow the fight science, or you've stepped into the ring your damn self.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:52 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight

Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:32 pm
Posts: 2560
Location: OSLO,NORWAY
Vit0r wrote:
Whirlwind wrote:
Blind! check at the compubox stats. JMM landed more 15 punches but manny landed more in every round plus the kd and the 3rd round and the other one that ref did not called in favor of JMM. Blind!


First you babies say that compubox doesn't matter then when you find out Manny scored more per round you say it does matter. You fickle leeches. Marquez landed the cleaner shots. Those grazing unplanted shots and baby jabs from Manny didn't phase Marquez at all.[/quot



YOUR AN AZZHOLE!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:12 pm 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:29 pm
Posts: 403
TheSubversive wrote:
He clearly won the fight. Stop being so insecure.

Pacman is not a machine. It is a credit to how evenly matched the two fighters were.And just look at that nasty cut on Marquez, its obvious Pacquiao damaged him more. Again a very CLOSE fight, but it is not a travesty it was given to Pacquiao like many people are depicting it to be.


agree :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:22 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:54 pm
Posts: 9389
Location: Manila City
Ta0ngBat0 wrote:
TheSubversive wrote:
He clearly won the fight. Stop being so insecure.

Pacman is not a machine. It is a credit to how evenly matched the two fighters were.And just look at that nasty cut on Marquez, its obvious Pacquiao damaged him more. Again a very CLOSE fight, but it is not a travesty it was given to Pacquiao like many people are depicting it to be.


agree :mrgreen:



wahahhaha!!!! bistado ulet si boy!!! nice dig bro. :biglaugh:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:23 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:41 pm
Posts: 2179
TheSubversive wrote:
He clearly won the fight. Stop being so insecure.

Pacman is not a machine. It is a credit to how evenly matched the two fighters were.And just look at that nasty cut on Marquez, its obvious Pacquiao damaged him more. Again a very CLOSE fight, but it is not a travesty it was given to Pacquiao like many people are depicting it to be.



aguy!!!! ayos to. pacquiao hugger pala talaga itong si sub.. :lol:

_________________
Walang tawiran!!!! Nakakamatay!!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:40 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:09 pm
Posts: 40276
Location: Short arm of chromosome 6
TheSubversive wrote:
He clearly won the fight. Stop being so insecure.

Pacman is not a machine. It is a credit to how evenly matched the two fighters were.And just look at that nasty cut on Marquez, its obvious Pacquiao damaged him more. Again a very CLOSE fight, but it is not a travesty it was given to Pacquiao like many people are depicting it to be.


And recently, you were campaigning that Pac lost to Marquez thrice. :biglaugh:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:56 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:48 am
Posts: 4021
Opinions are like SAMPUTS everyone's got one.

MICHAEL GRANT. African-American Champion even stated that MARQUEZ did not do enough to win title.

Emmanuel Stewart "Marquez did not do enough to win the title, when you fight the champ you don't
ask for the Champs title....You take it away"

Even some die hard Mayweather Fans on the True Boxing Fans group stated
MARQUEZ big Mistake was taking the Championship Rounds off, When you fight for the TITLE and there
are NO KNOCKDOWNS and the PUNCH COUNT is close after NINE ROUNDS, YOu don't take the last 3
Championship Rounds off.

Two Judges had the FIGHT EVEN after TEN ROUNDS and then MARQUEZ took a NAP Rounds 11-12.

Removing Human Emotion and using EMPIRICAL Evidence, MARQUEZ outlanded PACQUIAO in only
FOUR of the TWELVE ROunds. This was JMM's worst Punch output of the Three Fights with PAC.

Hence using a NON BIASED FORMULA in a match which produced no KNOCKDOWNS or Dramatic events
in which neither fighter was hurt, There is no LOGICAL way Marquez could have been given a Victory in a
Chessmatch in which he was outworked EIGHT of Twelve Rounds. And so for the first time in the three fights they had, not a single judge could give Marquez a Victory unlike in the previous two bouts/

It is what it is, and all the BLOOD GURGLING WHINING in the WORLD will not change the Facts.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group