Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:14 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:09 am 
Middleweight

Hi Guys, Here in Australia, we are cheering for Pacman really very loud. All over the Sydney RSL Clubs alone...It was Awesome. OK..This is how I see the fight. If you look round per round, our very own Pacman is the Clear Winner.. What's your say?

--joshua_20--

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:02 am 
Middleweight

Do you agree with me.....Pacquiao really won the fight....

--joshua_20--

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:18 am 
Heavyweight

Hello! Anybody there!! Do You agree with meeeeeeee!!!!! Helloooooooo!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:12 am 
Welterweight

Samanea Saman wrote:
Hello! Anybody there!! Do You agree with meeeeeeee!!!!! Helloooooooo!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

yah, i agree, last night i watched replay on S channel..manny won that fight..

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:14 am 
Heavyweight

Samanea Saman wrote:

:biglaugh:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:15 am 
Cruiserweight

joshua_20 wrote:

:D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:23 am 
Middleweight

How come no one wants to agree with me!!!! Is this really PacLand? or MArquezLand....

--joshua_20--

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:25 am 
Welterweight

joshua_20 wrote:
How come no one wants to agree with me!!!! Is this really PacLand? or MArquezLand....

This is Filipinoland.

1. Norifumi "KID" Yamamoto
2. Z Gorres
3. Joan Guzman
4. Yuriorkis Gamboa
5. Manny Pacquiao
6. Hozumi Hasegawa
7. Masato
8. Namsaknoi
9. Seanchai Sor Kingstar
10. Vitor Belfort

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:29 am 
Welterweight

The high expectation by everybody on Pac made his win questionanable. Everybody wanted to see domination. He was a 2 to 1 fav for christ sake. After watching the fight couple of times, the questionable rounds definitely went to Pac and he won a close one.

JMM is also a legit P4P 3,4, or 5 fighter that was just bad, stylistically, for Pac.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:36 am 
Middleweight

dodong12345 wrote:
The high expectation by everybody on Pac made his win questionanable. Everybody wanted to see domination. He was a 2 to 1 fav for christ sake. After watching the fight couple of times, the questionable rounds definitely went to Pac and he won a close one.

JMM is also a legit P4P 3,4, or 5 fighter that was just bad, stylistically, for Pac.

YOU'RE RIGHT

http ://pacfans_corner.com

I now tend to believe that Pacquiao really inherited Dela Hoya as torch bearer of boxing and also his...

greediness.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:38 am 
Heavyweight

Bro,

Don't worry, actually most PacLanders agree with you but they are still sour graping for having lost a fortune betting on a PacMan KO win. Mga gahaman kasi. (Trans: They did not moderate their greed.) hehehehe

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:44 pm 
Middleweight

Well, I lost a 100 pesos bet for Pacman to win inside 8 round. On the other hand, I won 500 Pesos for betting 1,000 at 1 vs. 2 odd.

I didn't expect pacman to win with his performance. I thought Marquez won the fight. Nevertheless, I was very happy to hear Michael Buffer said "...[b]and the NEW Super Feather Weight Champion of the the World, Mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnny Pacquiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaao![/b]

I was happy not because Pacman won, I was happy because I did not lost 1,000 Pesos on over confidence of Pacman to win.

But in fairness to Pacman, there is enough basis for the judges in seeing Pacman as the winner via a split decision by one point.

First, he knockdowned Marquez in the 3rd round

Second, there was a time when Marquez got staggered and wobbled by a hook shot in the chin.

Third, Marquez face' is also badly beaten and cut but pacman's punches.

Fourth, Pacman has the stronger punches against Marquez advantage of more connecting punches.

But in Fairness also to Marquez, He won the hearts of the boxing world and earned the respect of Pacman.

Marquez lost his belt, but he gained admiration for his courage and great fighting ability inside the ring with no less than Pacman.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:36 pm 
Middleweight

Bruce Lee wrote:
Well, I lost a 100 pesos bet for Pacman to win inside 8 round. On the other hand, I won 500 Pesos for betting 1,000 at 1 vs. 2 odd.

I didn't expect pacman to win with his performance. I thought Marquez won the fight. Nevertheless, I was very happy to hear Michael Buffer said "...and the NEW Super Feather Weight Champion of the the World, Mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnny Pacquiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaao!

I was happy not because Pacman won, I was happy because I did not lost 1,000 Pesos on over confidence of Pacman to win.

But in fairness to Pacman, there is enough basis for the judges in seeing Pacman as the winner via a split decision by one point.

First, he knockdowned Marquez in the 3rd round

Second, there was a time when Marquez got staggered and wobbled by a hook shot in the chin.

Third, Marquez face' is also badly beaten and cut but pacman's punches.

Fourth, Pacman has the stronger punches against Marquez advantage of more connecting punches.

But in Fairness also to Marquez, He won the hearts of the boxing world and earned the respect of Pacman.

Marquez lost his belt, but he gained admiration for his courage and great fighting ability inside the ring with no less than Pacman.

That's a very good comment bro..

--joshua_20--

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:11 pm 
Heavyweight

joshua_20 wrote:

Sorry but I can't agree. We eould not debate or view again the replay if it is clear.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:17 pm 
Lightweight

joshua_20 wrote:

Mate, it's been posted several times already. You're late. Where are you at in Australlia? I've been to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Darwin and Perth. Love it. :D