Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:44 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:13 pm 
Light Heavyweight

mysql wrote:
The lowliest... ...until he knocked out Pacquiao. :shock:

wow, hukay thread. this was way back in the day 2008!

that's right, his begging really paid off and he got the fight that he had been chasing. actually when this was written, it was only Pac-Marquez 2. so in reality, he actually needed 2 more tries to get a win over manny. much like a 30-year-old finally graduating from high school? hahah, just kidding.

I'd still say when it comes to legacy there are other better mexican champions out there. Chavez Sr at the top of my head. Morales and Barrera. Manny. Finito Lopez is another great mexican champion. The technical skills you cannot take away from Marquez, but the T-shirt printing and flying over to ABS-CBN to "pursuade" manny for a third fight is just degrading for anyone. but that was in the past and we all know what happened: 1 more knockdown and 2 more fights to get a win.

I'd like to give credit to Marquez for the win, but he really did need 4 tries and he got KD'd 5 times I think. He had more than ample time to study and adjust. Much like having a poker game again and again, no matter how many times you lose in an earlier hand, if you keep doing it again and again, chances are you're bound to win a hand sooner or later. - and i'm not even going to add the PEDS issue hanging over that win as it might flare up some haters here.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:55 pm 
Light Heavyweight

mysql wrote:

Nice find... :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:18 pm 
Cruiserweight

Reyes wrote:
mysql wrote:

wow, hukay thread. this was way back in the day 2008!

that's right, his begging really paid off and he got the fight that he had been chasing. actually when this was written, it was only Pac-Marquez 2. so in reality, he actually needed 2 more tries to get a win over manny. much like a 30-year-old finally graduating from high school? hahah, just kidding.

I'd still say when it comes to legacy there are other better mexican champions out there. Chavez Sr at the top of my head. Morales and Barrera. Manny. Finito Lopez is another great mexican champion. The technical skills you cannot take away from Marquez, but the T-shirt printing and flying over to ABS-CBN to "pursuade" manny for a third fight is just degrading for anyone. but that was in the past and we all know what happened: 1 more knockdown and 2 more fights to get a win.

I'd like to give credit to Marquez for the win, but he really did need 4 tries and he got KD'd 5 times I think. He had more than ample time to study and adjust. Much like having a poker game again and again, no matter how many times you lose in an earlier hand, if you keep doing it again and again, chances are you're bound to win a hand sooner or later. - and i'm not even going to add the PEDS issue hanging over that win as it might flare up some haters here.

For someone who remain in association with an admitted user/supplier and self-proclaimed master of undetectable Peds, and who continuously refusing to be tested by other drugs testing agency than their trusted but tainted company, the cloud of doubt will always linger over every conversation about Marquez ko win against Pacquiao.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:50 pm 
Light Heavyweight

if he ever did that antic in argentina, he would've been dead by now. buti na lang mababait ang mga pinoy.

-spanish proverb

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:33 pm 
Cruiserweight

Marquez taking 1 more Ride with MEMO and HGH in his System therefore he will not do VADA Testing

Then he can Retire before he gets BUSTED loaded on the CRAP.....

The Scumbag Bob Arum will make sure that NSAC will not DETECT PEDS in Marquez system...

But Remember ARUM was with Marquez long before he was with Pacquiao or Bradley....

Then Uncle BOB will try to convince JMM to fight MANNY one more Time....

BUT JMM won't do it as MANNY insists on VADA testing and MEMO can't defeat that Organization...

Then JMM will Retire saying he beat MANNY and the other guy who beat Manny too...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:06 pm 
Cruiserweight

HUNA wrote:
Marquez taking 1 more Ride with MEMO and HGH in his System therefore he will not do VADA Testing

Then he can Retire before he gets BUSTED loaded on the CRAP.....

The Scumbag Bob Arum will make sure that NSAC will not DETECT PEDS in Marquez system...

But Remember ARUM was with Marquez long before he was with Pacquiao or Bradley....

Then Uncle BOB will try to convince JMM to fight MANNY one more Time....

BUT JMM won't do it as MANNY insists on VADA testing and MEMO can't defeat that Organization...

Then JMM will Retire saying he beat MANNY and the other guy who beat Manny too...

Or maybe he will retire after losing to Bradley

╚╝╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩═╩╩╩╩╩═╝