Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:36 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:29 pm 
Welterweight

Kumong-kumong wrote:
art babao wrote:

PONCE AND PENALOSA--- TACTICALLY, PENALOSA COULD HAVE WON IT --
YET, PONCE WON BUT IN CONTROVERSY ---STILL, PENALOSA ACCEPTED HIS DEFEAT
AND HE NEVER MADE ANY SCORNFUL, ARROGANT STATEMENTS AGAINST PONCE...

BUT IN THE CASE OF MARQUEZ.. IT'S DIFFERENT..

A TRUE CHAMPION DOES NOT PROCLAIM HIS GREATNESS BY HIMSELF
BUT HE LET THE PEOPLE DECLARE IT!

A TRUE CHAMPION HAS A GOLDEN SPORTSMANSHIP IN HIM...

BUT AN ARROGANT, PROUD, SELF-CONCEIT MAN SHALL FALL IN HIS OWN PIT!

IS AGING MARQUEZ SO UNCOMFORTABLE AND UNEASY
THINKING OF THE YEARS THAT SLOWLY EATING HIM---

THAT HE HAS TO PROVOKE PAC FOR THE EARLIEST RUBBER MATCH, OTHERWISE,
WE CAN'T IMAGINE IF HE'S ALREADY AT 40 TO REALIZE IT??? :?

GO MARQUEZ! PROVOKE PAC WHILE IT'S NOT YET TOO LATE!

For the record, there are many boxing scribes who believed JMM won in his rematch with Pacman than those who think Gerry won against DPDL.

If Gerry challenges DPDL for rematch because he believed he won, JMM is likewise entitled to it (or has more right to do it). With your bashing of JMM, you nut huggers only showed your double standard.

The only issue here is the attitude of JMM towards Manny and the boxing fans. JMM was accepted in the Phils. and was treated nicely by the Filipino people. Despite of all this hospitability, he showed his arrogance and unrespectful manner towards the people and towards the face of Manny. I know this is a pure business but he at least showed some respect to Filipinos out there. He is very lucky that he was not hit by flying bottles.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:40 pm 
Heavyweight

Not only that it's low, classless and unrespectful... it's also so gay of JMM doing that kind of challenge... :D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:46 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Harvey Dent wrote:
thanks for highlighting that one. it's a pity if one can't seem to see the difference between a knockdown and a knock out. it appears that it's not only GBP who's guilty of doing a hyping job.

my bad and i made a typo error.. but you know what i mean.. he was DROPPED 4 times out of the 2 fights..

..while i'm no boxing expert, i do know the difference between a knock DOWN and a knock OUT...

btw, i even said towards the end of the post that JMM "would still believe he won even he was knocked OUT or knocked DOWN again.." so i guess i know how to use those words..

but hey, who am i to lecture you.. you're obviously an expert..

i guess, this is the "FLAK" i was referring to earlier and i had it coming..

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:51 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Kumong-kumong wrote:
Too long for a short message, which is pointless in the first place.

haha, i knew it... i had it coming... Flak #2 :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:57 pm 
Heavyweight

I beg to disagree with the title. As boxing fans we should be craving for a rematch even if we know that boxing is a business run by slick manipulators like arum.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:09 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Kadyo wrote:
I beg to disagree with the title. As boxing fans we should be craving for a rematch even if we know that boxing is a business run by slick manipulators like arum.

i respect that if you disagree..

before this episode, i too craved for a rematch.. but after this morning's events, i thought, make JMM wait.. he doesnt deserve it.. if he (JMM) wants to build his legacy fight other boxers who are "avoided"... Joan Guzman for one.. how come the pressure is only on Manny to have difficult fights?

For MP go for another title at 135, unify it if possible, .. then give JMM the rematch...

the only reason i consider JMM "lowly" is the arrogance that he showed this morning.. nothing else... for one, i think he is the best technical boxer out there today.. but his attitude towards defeat and his grasp for humility is probably the worst out there today...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:16 pm 
Heavyweight

JMM is no-class at all. Luckily that us pinoys always observed hospitality to our guests. If JMM will not stop and eventually pulled the trigger.....he may end up in the hospital! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:19 pm 
Heavyweight

I know bro but juan manuel is just trying his best to lure pac. Unfortunately for him, pac will be fighting ddiaz and won't just cancel it because of marquez taunts. I find nothing wrong with what juan manuel did. It's something that any fighter would do given his case. The thing is, he has to wait back in line and hope to win another pac lottery. I want a rematch just all boxing fans in the world but that decision is beyond our call.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:23 pm 
Heavyweight

Lowliest? he is more richer than most of us!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:23 pm 
Heavyweight

Kadyo wrote:
I know bro but juan manuel is just trying his best to lure pac. Unfortunately for him, pac will be fighting ddiaz and won't just cancel it because of marquez taunts. I find nothing wrong with what juan manuel did. It's something that any fighter would do given his case. The thing is, he has to wait back in line and hope to win another pac lottery. I want a rematch just all boxing fans in the world but that decision is beyond our call.

i agree...next time we will see guzrun and bolero coming to the phil. and be knocking on the door of pacman begging to be DESTROYED.. btw... sali mo na c chris john....hehehe :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:28 pm 
Bantamweight

Kadyo wrote:

Pragmatism has never won any willing followers, just blind and scared subjects. - Original quote :D :D :D

By this I mean, no matter how valid his reasons for issuing the challenge, the act and the fashion by which it was done was totally distasteful.

Manny had displayed admirable grace and behavior during the dragnet laid out by ABS-CBN and Golden Boy Promotions. His responses made sense, never mind if it was not said eloquently(and I respect him even if he is not well-spoken in English).

And as for your opinion, it is ok. Another angle or side of looking at their gesture.
For Reyes, well said man.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:29 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Wong wrote:
Lowliest? he is more richer than most of us!

i dont mean he's poor or anything..

btw, i posted this earlier (in case you failed to read..):

"the only reason i consider JMM "lowly" is the arrogance that he showed this morning.. nothing else... for one, i think he is the best technical boxer out there today.. but his attitude towards defeat and his grasp for humility is probably the worst out there today..."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:32 pm 
Flyweight

**** you kumong-kumong

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:38 pm 
Heavyweight

bruceleejkdce wrote:

Pragmatism has never won any willing followers, just blind and scared subjects. - Original quote :D :D :D

By this I mean, no matter how valid his reasons for issuing the challenge, the act and the fashion by which it was done was totally distasteful.

Manny had displayed admirable grace and behavior during the dragnet laid out by ABS-CBN and Golden Boy Promotions. His responses made sense, never mind if it was not said eloquently(and I respect him even if he is not well-spoken in English).

And as for your opinion, it is ok. Another angle or side of looking at their gesture.
For Reyes, well said man.
What juan manuel did was a sweet tactic to lure pac to a rubber match. He was smiling with his killer smile when he was saying he won and asking pac to sign papers in jest. He asked pac for them them to do it again because it was what the boxing world demands which i think is true. He insists that he won which I find nothing wrong because the fight was so close it could have gone either way. Well ther was the KD of course. I find juan manuel a cool guy even if I doubt his true gender lolol.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:44 pm 
Light Heavyweight

PaclandBoxer wrote:
Not only that it's low, classless and unrespectful... it's also so gay of JMM doing that kind of challenge... :D

JMM is soooo GAY!!!! haha

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next