Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:19 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:12 am 
Middleweight

boxingfan wrote:
Wouldn't it be nice if JMM challenged Pac in the ring right now and Pac obliged?

They fight for 2 minutes with their slacks and leather shoes on before the officials stopped the fight.

It will be on the cover of CNN and top newspapers the next day and will create a lot of buzz. That will be an easy $10 million for Pac in his next fight with JMM and at least $4 million dollars more than what he should get all in 2 minutes of work.

Mike Tyson will do it.

what a great idea bro! :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:20 am 
Heavyweight

Reyes wrote:
has got to be Juan Manuel Marquez..

.. and not because he lacks the skills and talent of a champion ( he may actually be the best mexican champion today)

.. but because of his attitude in accepting defeat..

He came over to our country and said to our champion; "you know i won the fight.." with all the swaggger as if he wasnt knocked out 4 times out of their 2 fights..

He was knocked-down 4 times. Not out.

Like it or not, hyping fights is part of the business. Hell BHop threw the Puerto Rican flag.

JMM did not disrespect Pac imo. He challenged him into another fight.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:20 am 
Heavyweight

thomasito wrote:
In that case I pitty Gerry Penalosa for not accepting defeat against DPDL and challenging him numerous times, I think he even did it yesterday. I tought what Gerry was doing was fine, but now I say, " Ponce dont listen to this chump, dont give him the pleasure, hes disrespecting you." May I remind some paclanders that Gerry's wife also threw a hissi fitt when Gerry went back to his lockerroom.

You all should see both sides of the story.

most of the forumers knows it... dpdl is the best option for Gp to earn a good amount of moolah. dude GP is already 37 yrs old..what else do you expect. Fight where you could make the most of the money, aside from that DPDl was in shock after that bout because he knew he had receive a boxing lesson from a good fighter. dpdl was more agressive, but Gp throws the more telling blows. and in the later rounds dpdl begin to run.. how about that.. :lol: Aztec warrior... :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:58 am 
Middleweight

my friend who bet for marquez a filipino JMM fan didn't really like what he saw from marquez being so arrogant he now wants marquez to go down the drain and imagine guys this is coming from a JMM filipino bettor ...he just lost his respect for marquez :(

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:14 pm 
Light Heavyweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
Reyes wrote:

.. and not because he lacks the skills and talent of a champion ( he may actually be the best mexican champion today)

He came over to our country and said to our champion; "you know i won the fight.." with all the swaggger as if he wasnt knocked out 4 times out of their 2 fights..

He was knocked-down 4 times. Not out.

Like it or not, hyping fights is part of the business. Hell BHop threw the Puerto Rican flag.

JMM did not disrespect Pac imo. He challenged him into another fight.

i dont suppose you watched it on TV here in the PI? you sound as if you dont live here in Manila.. but if you did, then you certainly could use a lesson in interpreting people's actions.. because JMM was certainly bashing MP on his OWN home.. (and to think he was welcomed warmly before that!)..

and btw, i posted this earlier in case you failed to read:

Reyes wrote:
my bad and i made a typo error.. but you know what i mean.. he was DROPPED 4 times out of the 2 fights..

..while i'm no boxing expert, i do know the difference between a knock DOWN and a knock OUT...

btw, i even said towards the end of the post that JMM "would still believe he won even he was knocked OUT or knocked DOWN again.." so i guess i know how to use those words..

but hey, who am i to lecture you.. you're obviously an expert..

i guess, this is the "FLAK" i was referring to earlier and i had it coming..

and hell, did Bhop did that? i dont suppose he did it while in puerto rico?

i dont know how mexicans do it, but us filipinos act respectfully when we're in another's home..

if this is the "HYPING" that you mean, well then JMM has really got to be desperate for attention.. maybe he knew without MP his ticket sales would be dismal at best.. if he wants to "HYPE", do it with class, he could do it in vegas where it is considered "neutral ground." make use of GBP's media assets.. but not something desperate like this.. (and im not even mentioning the arrogance JMM showed while MP kept his cool)..

but hey, JMM is a "Champion" after all..

have a great day down there at the paradise.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:33 pm 
Light Heavyweight

just read this from Marley's column.

.. i usually disagree with the guy but this time, we are on the same note..

check this out, its about JMM's begging fiasco..

http://www.boxingconfidential.com/articles.php?id=4292

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:54 pm 
Light Heavyweight

rustycooley66 wrote:
thomasito wrote:
In that case I pitty Gerry Penalosa for not accepting defeat against DPDL and challenging him numerous times, I think he even did it yesterday. I tought what Gerry was doing was fine, but now I say, " Ponce dont listen to this chump, dont give him the pleasure, hes disrespecting you." May I remind some paclanders that Gerry's wife also threw a hissi fitt when Gerry went back to his lockerroom.

You all should see both sides of the story.

most of the forumers knows it... dpdl is the best option for Gp to earn a good amount of moolah. dude GP is already 37 yrs old..what else do you expect. Fight where you could make the most of the money, aside from that DPDl was in shock after that bout because he knew he had receive a boxing lesson from a good fighter. dpdl was more agressive, but Gp throws the more telling blows. and in the later rounds dpdl begin to run.. how about that.. :lol: Aztec warrior... :lol:

and if i may add, the issue here is how disrespectful JMM was on somebody else's home..

did penalosa went over to mexico and said to DPDL; "you know that i won that fight, why dont you give a rematch?"

penalosa believes he won, he has said it before.. but you dont hear him rumbling again and again that he won.. he didnt get the judges nod so he accepted it.. and he's asking for a rematch if it can be arranged.. No disrespect there..

comparing JMM "action"s to penalosa "challenge" is just bad analogy in my mind.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:57 pm 
Heavyweight

Reyes wrote:

thats like coming into someone else's house and saying your house is ugly after you were welcomed and accorded all the hospitality possible..

no class at all, what he showed was conduct unbecoming of a champion (if i may use the term)..

A true champion accepts defeat no matter how close he thinks it is..

Manny had his share of excuses when he lost; i.e socks, gloves, foot blisters, etc... but at the end of the day he acknowledges his opponent's win and accepts his defeat.. that's a true champion..

btw, in classic Manny fashion, after JMM unpolitely asked him for a rematch just said (in all humility) that in a fight there is a winner and there is a loser and that he was just lucky to got the nod.. regardless if Manny truly believed it was just sheer luck that gave him the win, it showed the true character of a champion.. Humble in the face of victory.. he even went out of his way to explain that in boxing there are many factors to consider like promoters and negotations that would have to be done..

.. i dont know what GBP was thinking by sending JMM over to challenge Manny for a rematch but I couldnt believe they would stoop that low to try and get one.. what were they thinking? do they think they could provoke Manny by coming over?

it was just totally classless act and for JMM to go along with it.. well, just sheer desperation...

I personally believe that Manny will also want to fight JMM again, but not immediately.. not because of fear but because of more opportunities out there that might not come again..like a chance to unify the lightweight belt (by fighting diaz and campbell) or a chance to grab a 140-lb belt by fighting hatton.. opportunities like these doesnt come to often and something he shouldn't let to pass just by fighting a "lowly" champion like Marquez (who, by the way, i think will still feel he won even if he was knocked out or knocked down again..)

I may catch flak for this from mexican fans but i dont care..

this is NOT nuthugging..

after MP-JMM 2 i was just in awe of JMM's skills.. but after this, my respect for him went down the drain... i thought he was just coming over, watch the fight, maybe talk to MP for a rematch... but the swagger and arrogance that he showed on someone else's home just showed he is not a true a champion but a desperate boxer looking for greatness that will never be accorded to him...

He would go down in history as someone who tried but always fell short..
I beg to differ. JMM wasn't knocked out 4times! Not even once! He was only knocked down but not out!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:04 pm 
Light Heavyweight

THE_HIPPIE wrote:
I beg to differ. JMM wasn't knocked out 4times! Not even once! He was only knocked down but not out!

Man!, next time ill have someone edit my posts :)

you're right i made an error but i did posted this earlier in case you failed to read:

Reyes wrote:
my bad and i made a typo error.. but you know what i mean.. he was DROPPED 4 times out of the 2 fights..

..while i'm no boxing expert, i do know the difference between a knock DOWN and a knock OUT...

btw, i even said towards the end of the post that JMM "would still believe he won even he was knocked OUT or knocked DOWN again.." so i guess i know how to use those words..

but hey, who am i to lecture you.. you're obviously an expert..

i guess, this is the "FLAK" i was referring to earlier and i had it coming..

i hope this is the last post regarding that error.. i dont like to sound stupid, who does? I mean, I do know the difference between a KD and a KO.. i just made a typographical error..

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:52 pm 
Light Heavyweight

on a side note :D ,

i just saw ABS-CBN's news coverage JMM's begging for a rematch and i noticed something..
.. i always thought that "JMM is gay" is just a thing started by hardcore pacfanatics..

.. but after i saw the news coverage, im starting to believe that its true.. his face looked like he had foundation applied, his lips seemed dabbed with lip gloss, and had his eyebrows plucked out to shape...

I thought, daym.. i think he really is gay... :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:24 am 
Middleweight

Reyes wrote:
on a side note :D ,

i just saw ABS-CBN's news coverage JMM's begging for a rematch and i noticed something..
.. i always thought that "JMM is gay" is just a thing started by hardcore pacfanatics..

.. but after i saw the news coverage, im starting to believe that its true.. his face looked like he had foundation applied, his lips seemed dabbed with lip gloss, and had his eyebrows plucked out to shape...

I thought, daym.. i think he really is gay... :shock:

duda din ako sa kinis ng mukha ni jmm! kaya siguro di sya maikumpara kina el terrible @ baby-faced assasin, dahil sa flawless skin nya, hindi macho!

trans: jmm is really gay! :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:38 am 

e-goy wrote:
Reyes wrote:

thats like coming into someone else's house and saying your house is ugly after you were welcomed and accorded all the hospitality possible..

no class at all, what he showed was conduct unbecoming of a champion (if i may use the term)..

Manny had his share of excuses when he lost; i.e socks, gloves, foot blisters, etc... but at the end of the day he acknowledges his opponent's win and accepts his defeat.. that's a true champion..

btw, in classic Manny fashion, after JMM unpolitely asked him for a rematch just said (in all humility) that in a fight there is a winner and there is a loser and that he was just lucky to got the nod.. regardless if Manny truly believed it was just sheer luck that gave him the win, it showed the true character of a champion.. Humble in the face of victory.. he even went out of his way to explain that in boxing there are many factors to consider like promoters and negotations that would have to be done..

.. i dont know what GBP was thinking by sending JMM over to challenge Manny for a rematch but I couldnt believe they would stoop that low to try and get one.. what were they thinking? do they think they could provoke Manny by coming over?

it was just totally classless act and for JMM to go along with it.. well, just sheer desperation...

I personally believe that Manny will also want to fight JMM again, but not immediately.. not because of fear but because of more opportunities out there that might not come again..like a chance to unify the lightweight belt (by fighting diaz and campbell) or a chance to grab a 140-lb belt by fighting hatton.. opportunities like these doesnt come to often and something he shouldn't let to pass just by fighting a "lowly" champion like Marquez (who, by the way, i think will still feel he won even if he was knocked out or knocked down again..)

this is NOT nuthugging..

after MP-JMM 2 i was just in awe of JMM's skills.. but after this, my respect for him went down the drain... i thought he was just coming over, watch the fight, maybe talk to MP for a rematch... but the swagger and arrogance that he showed on someone else's home just showed he is not a true a champion but a desperate boxer looking for greatness that will never be accorded to him...

Reyes, you write so well. You're even better than Ricah Trinidad. I totally agree with your statement. Hope you could also write a column at Inquirer.

I agree that he writes very well. he just needs to learn the difference between a knockdown and a knockout. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:23 am 
Heavyweight

Reyes wrote:

this is NOT nuthugging..

Agree, without thinking! JMM has shown it, even coming to PI and invade TV/radio to shamelessly beg for a rematch. :) :) :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:25 am 
Light Heavyweight

DaBizz wrote:
I agree that he writes very well. he just needs to learn the difference between a knockdown and a knockout. :lol:

Mr. moderator, sir. thank you very much for saying that i write well.. i guess its an end result of 4 years of college news writing..

..but i would like to say regarding that KO and KD issue, sir i have made an error and i apologize.. it was honestly a typographical error.. i even made a couple of followup posts regarding it.. im sure you have read those before posting this reply.. if not.. well i hope next time you do, sir.. and if you have really read my post in whole, you'll see that at the end of the post i have used the words knocked out and knocked down correctly.. so i guess it would only show that i do know the difference..

im sorry, sir, if i over react to such a trivial issue, but as i have said i was writer (and would like to think that i still am, albeit not a perfect one and still needs sharpening so to speak.. ) and i do not take likely errors such as this, especially if it was just a typing error..

again thank you for the compliment and dont worry, sir, this would be my last post regarding this KO-KD issue..

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:35 am 
Heavyweight

The lowliest... ...until he knocked out Pacquiao. :shock:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next