Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:11 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:27 pm 
Bantamweight

If i were you Manny,i wont give this guy the rematch that he deserve because of what he did today...though you handle yourself well,this guy and his team made you look like a fool...i feel somehow embarrased for Manny,because obviously he's not prepared for that..remember that ambush interview was or will be shown all over the world and i honestly say that this man disrespect you,in your own turf,someone has to teach JMM professionalism...break his heart by not giving him what he wants. :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:32 pm 
Heavyweight

Pacman-Marquez III is for the fans, not for you alone. If it happens, then do not watch the fight.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:49 pm 
Heavyweight

from what had occurred earlier I guess a rematch is almost impossible.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:57 pm 
Welterweight

sirbully wrote:
If i were you Manny,i wont give this guy the rematch that he deserve because of what he did today...though you handle yourself well,this guy and his team made you look like a fool...i feel somehow embarrased for Manny,because obviously he's not prepared for that..remember that ambush interview was or will be shown all over the world and i honestly say that this man disrespect you,in your own turf,someone has to teach JMM professionalism...break his heart by not giving him what he wants. :shock:

i didn't saw anything that manny should be embarrass of.

its JMM who embarrassed himself on what he and his team did.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:01 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Marquez should be labeled "Persona non-grata" by Congress.... Insulting a national hero/icon in his own home by claiming victory over the other does not only spit on his championship crown but deliberately disrespecting our flag and us people. He needs to be taught a lesson.... RESPECT you Gay a s s MOFO......................

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:07 pm 
Middleweight

sirbully wrote:

Agree!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:08 pm 
Heavyweight

i think when JMM did that to Pacman in front of the media, he was indeeed disrespectful not only to pacman but to the filipino people as a whole. i say let him suffer and wait indifinitely for his much needed rematch. give him a dose of his own medicine.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:09 pm 
Heavyweight

why not give JMM a rematch? obviously, JMM would be hurt he might even commit suicide but do you think the boxing world would appreciate Manny? Nope, this action would only do Pacman more damage, even worse than what it will bring to JMM.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:13 pm 
Cruiserweight

sirbully wrote:

I AGREE...

I AGREE...

I AGREE... :verymad:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:16 pm 
Middleweight

I don't think Pacman got embarassed. He just showed how to treat a visitor and to be a gentleman and professional. You talk multi million deal in a proper place.

If PAC-JMM 3 happens, i will still watch it..

IMHO, their carreer match ups: PAC-2, JMM-0.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:27 pm 
Cruiserweight

sirbully wrote:

Even though Manny was caught unguarded, he handled himself well enough by not stooping down the level of JMM and his team. I am quite sure that JMM and his team will issue an apology later on by overstepping the hospitality of the Filipino people.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:38 pm 
Cruiserweight

That stunt was a Golden Boy Production style!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:41 pm 
Welterweight

JMM said that he would follow Pacquiao to 135lbs. Let JMM fight one of the current champions like Campbell or Casamayor. If he wins, he can get a rematch with Pacman.

Of course this should happen after Pacquiao grabs the Championship from Diaz.

what do u think guys?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:48 pm 
Welterweight

I don't think Manny was surprised at all by what Marquez did during that interview. JMM and his team have been asking for that 3rd fight immediately after the 2nd fight. It's hard to think that Manny expected Marquez just to stay silent about it throughout his stay here in the Philippines. I have a feeling that Manny knew about the plan all along...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:50 pm 
Heavyweight

Marquez only wants retirement pay that's why he wants to fight the Pacman...

Manny Pacquiao has beaten Juan Manuel Marquez twice already...the first one is when one of the judges admitted his scoring error that should have made the Pacman won via split decision as what happened in the rematch...

I agree, there's no need to fight Marquez for the third time because Manny Pacquiao already beat him twice...!!!