Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:01 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:28 am 
Bantamweight

Well folks,......HE'S AT IT AGAIN!!!! While MARQUEZ has been training in HIGH ALTITUDE for nearly a month now, MANNY PACQUIAO has (as usual) been too busy to train hard. Oh, his handlers love to tell the press that he is training in different provinces in the RP, but the fact is this.........ROACH TOLD HIM TO LEAVE THE RP IMMEDIATELY AFTER CHRISTMAS (If possible) and WHAT does the "GREAT HERO" do: HE WILL BE LEAVING ON JANUARY 8th TO COME TO ROACH'S GYM AND TRAIN FOR A FULL 6 WEEKS TO FACE THE TOUGHEST OPPONENT TO DATE...........really smart huh? PACQUIAO thinks that filming COMMERCIALS for SOCKS is more important than training for a guy he Knocked down 3 times in the 1st round. Marquez IS NOT taking Manny Pacquiao lightly folks. He will be in the GREATES shape and more importantly CONDITION of his life for their next meeting. The question is: WILL MANNY BE IN ANY CONDITION TO GO UP AGAINST A MAN WHO IS "UNDOUBTEDLY" IN A LEAGUE WITH ONLY A HANDFUL IN THE WORLD. Manny must think that he's facing 3K BATTERY II.........He's DEAD WRONG!!!!! MANNY PACQUIAO WILL NOT HAVE THE LEGS TO GO 12 ROUNDS WITH JMM..........IF he wins, He will need to finish him within 5 rounds..........AND THAT IS A FACT JACK!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:37 am 
Welterweight

You probably are right Joe. But all the hard training for Marquez couldn't make him win. It will only make him stand up after more than 3 KDs. After that, the referee will have to stop the fight after JMM gets so much beating.

Count me on that....!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:46 am 
Bantamweight

Rembrandt wrote:
You probably are right Joe. But all the hard training for Marquez couldn't make him win. It will only make him stand up after more than 3 KDs. After that, the referee will have to stop the fight after JMM gets so much beating.

Count me on that....!

I respectably disagree........Manny was in GREAT condition for the 1st fight but he STILL couldn't finish him off after 3 knock downs in the 1st round. JMM is in even BETTER shape now, and Manny is NOT in the same condition as he was in the 1st fight. I think that ANY TRUE FIGHT FAN will agree on this: TAKE THE 1st ROUND AWAY FROM THEIR ORIGINAL MEETING and JMM WINS BY AT LEAST 2 ROUNDS. PacMan is in condition right now to fight against 3K BATTERY, but NOT to fight JMM........believe it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:53 am 
Welterweight

Jose Reyes wrote:
Rembrandt wrote:

Count me on that....!

I respectably disagree........Manny was in GREAT condition for the 1st fight but he STILL couldn't finish him off after 3 knock downs in the 1st round. JMM is in even BETTER shape now, and Manny is NOT in the same condition as he was in the 1st fight. I think that ANY TRUE FIGHT FAN will agree on this: TAKE THE 1st ROUND AWAY FROM THEIR ORIGINAL MEETING and JMM WINS BY AT LEAST 2 ROUNDS. PacMan is in condition right now to fight against 3K BATTERY, but NOT to fight JMM........believe it.

The only reason why PAC couldn't finish JMM is mainly because he wanted to finish JMM off early that he relied too much on his left and was fighting with only one style.

All boxing hardcore fans should know that its not the punch that you expect to land that can make you fall down but rather that quick, invicible wallop coming from nowhere.

If only PAC has changed his style in the fight, he could've won it hands down. Now, that experience is his best teacher and he surely wont do the same mistake over again.

PAC will be ready for the same style JMM can give him.

PAC should be able to finish JMM in 6 RDS...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:55 am 
Heavyweight

Marquez will be lucky to past the 3rd round in their REMATCH!!! If JMM will past that round... MANNY is in trouble only If the REPORTS are TRUE that He is not TRAINING PROPERLY!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:58 am 
Heavyweight

Jose Reyes wrote:
Rembrandt wrote:

Count me on that....!

If not of the sprained left hand of Manny Pacquiao this rematch would not even happen. with Manny's left hand not getting sprained in the first fight the onslaught would have continued on the second round and the referee would have no choice but to stop the fight because the punishment will be unbearable to watch. Don't forget this... the first fight went to the full distance because Manny's hand was hurt...THIS TIME THE PACMAN WILL NOT ALLOW HIM TO ESCAPE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:11 am 
Bantamweight

I've NEVER seen a boxer NOT have an EXCUSE for something he didn't do right.........In this case Pacquiao had TWO EXCUSES.....1: BAD SOCKS(How lame is THAT?) and 2:sprained hand (SUPER LAME). The fact is: HE COULDN"T FINISH HIM BECAUSE JMM HAD TOO MUCH HEART......PLUS THE FACT THAT PACQUIAO WAS FIGHTING HIM WITH A "HEAD-HUNTER'S" MENTALITY. Excuses are just that: EXCUSES. MAYBE HIS NEXT EXCUSE WILL BE: "Well, I didn't train hard for him"........actually, I'm wrong.....THAT WOULD BE THE TRUTH......NOT AN EXCUSE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:19 am 
Light Heavyweight

Rembrandt wrote:
The only reason why PAC couldn't finish JMM is mainly because he wanted to finish JMM off early that he relied too much on his left and was fighting with only one style.

But he never changed his style the whole fight! It only begs the question of whether Pac has the mental presence to switch strategy in case Plan A failed. This was not analyzed much before but it is a problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:26 am 
Bantamweight

Think about this for 1 second guys........It is now JANUARY 1st.......PACQUIAO WILL NOT EVEN START TRAINING FOR JMM UNTIL JANUARY 9TH......because he will be leaving for the USA on the 8th. HE WILL NOT BE WITH FREDDY ROACH FOR ANOTHER 8 DAYS...........THINK ABOUT THAT AND RATIONALIZE THAT FOR A MUNUTE.................JMM has been up in the MOUNTAINS for a MONTH ALREADY!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:27 am 
Welterweight

JMM needs all the training he can get and hopefully next time he climbs into the ring against the Pacman, he can put up a good fight and not just try to survive the whole twelve round without getting knock out! I just hope that he won't use that silly asking price of $1.5 million as an excuse not to give the Pacman a rematch if he does not get it! A fighter like JMM who put his audience to sleep instead of his opponent is not worthy of that price! Honestly, JMM is not a worthy opponent for the Pacman, he just happens to be in the way for the Pacman to achieve his boxing immortality! It took Pacman two weeks of preparation to demolished Ledwaba and as far as I am concern Ledwaba is more polished boxer compared to JMM. Even with all this crap being written about the Pacman's approach regarding his up and coming bout against JMM, no way I'm betting against him! Pacman can go up in the ring 50% ready and he would still beat the crap out of JMM! Pacman will be walking in the park come Feb. 26.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:28 am 
Welterweight

Hey!!don't forgetthat ROACH also said thatthe training only includes few adjustments, like harnishing the right for the killer left or harnishing the LEFT for the KILLER RIGHT. Let us think positive. Anyway do you think ROACH will sacrifice his name for the sake of MANNY ofcourse not he has his name to protect also. The thing here is ROACH already has the PLAN and he believes that MANNY can do it in less than 6 ROUNDS sorry to JMM his training is not enough for the HERO. :stump:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:36 am 
Heavyweight

Jose Reyes wrote:
I've NEVER seen a boxer NOT have an EXCUSE for something he didn't do right.........In this case Pacquiao had TWO EXCUSES.....1: BAD SOCKS(How lame is THAT?) and 2:sprained hand (SUPER LAME). The fact is: HE COULDN"T FINISH HIM BECAUSE JMM HAD TOO MUCH HEART......PLUS THE FACT THAT PACQUIAO WAS FIGHTING HIM WITH A "HEAD-HUNTER'S" MENTALITY. Excuses are just that: EXCUSES. MAYBE HIS NEXT EXCUSE WILL BE: "Well, I didn't train hard for him"........actually, I'm wrong.....THAT WOULD BE THE TRUTH......NOT AN EXCUSE.

EXCUSES well JMM has one MAB has one ERIK has one too!!! well all boxers has its own EXCUSES!!!! So whats the BIG DEAL about that?? Lame it may it seems to you but thats an EXCUSE bro.! by the way the 2 EXCUSES that MANNY had said after the fight... He showed it to the PUBLIC that his excuses is a proven fact!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:36 am 
Middleweight

Jose Reyes wrote:
Well folks,......HE'S AT IT AGAIN!!!! While MARQUEZ has been training in HIGH ALTITUDE for nearly a month now, MANNY PACQUIAO has (as usual) been too busy to train hard. Oh, his handlers love to tell the press that he is training in different provinces in the RP, but the fact is this.........ROACH TOLD HIM TO LEAVE THE RP IMMEDIATELY AFTER CHRISTMAS (If possible) and WHAT does the "GREAT HERO" do: HE WILL BE LEAVING ON JANUARY 8th TO COME TO ROACH'S GYM AND TRAIN FOR A FULL 6 WEEKS TO FACE THE TOUGHEST OPPONENT TO DATE...........really smart huh? PACQUIAO thinks that filming COMMERCIALS for SOCKS is more important than training for a guy he Knocked down 3 times in the 1st round. Marquez IS NOT taking Manny Pacquiao lightly folks. He will be in the GREATES shape and more importantly CONDITION of his life for their next meeting. The question is: WILL MANNY BE IN ANY CONDITION TO GO UP AGAINST A MAN WHO IS "UNDOUBTEDLY" IN A LEAGUE WITH ONLY A HANDFUL IN THE WORLD. Manny must think that he's facing 3K BATTERY II.........He's DEAD WRONG!!!!! MANNY PACQUIAO WILL NOT HAVE THE LEGS TO GO 12 ROUNDS WITH JMM..........IF he wins, He will need to finish him within 5 rounds..........AND THAT IS A FACT JACK!!!!!

All assumptions and you call that a fact. Poor guy!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:53 am 
Light Heavyweight

The question is...

Will JMM be lucky enough to make it to the 12th round against Manny THIS TIME?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:01 am 
Middleweight

I'm still rooting for Manny to win....him wising up...but I ain't placing a bet on him against anyone this time...sorry guys, this time it's not "IN THE BAG".

Saying it again...go to a Barrera, Marquez, Morales, Hopkins, Trinindad forum....you won't see these kinds of posts regarding their main man.