Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:39 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:47 am 
Bantamweight

I'm still believe manny will win in the rematch with marquez. even with all those distractions in his training, i know he will not do the same mistake in their 1st encounter. and even if he loses, im still on my hero's side.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:53 am 
Light Heavyweight

Jose Reyes wrote:
Well folks,......HE'S AT IT AGAIN!!!! While MARQUEZ has been training in HIGH ALTITUDE for nearly a month now, MANNY PACQUIAO has (as usual) been too busy to train hard. Oh, his handlers love to tell the press that he is training in different provinces in the RP, but the fact is this.........ROACH TOLD HIM TO LEAVE THE RP IMMEDIATELY AFTER CHRISTMAS (If possible) and WHAT does the "GREAT HERO" do: HE WILL BE LEAVING ON JANUARY 8th TO COME TO ROACH'S GYM AND TRAIN FOR A FULL 6 WEEKS TO FACE THE TOUGHEST OPPONENT TO DATE...........really smart huh? PACQUIAO thinks that filming COMMERCIALS for SOCKS is more important than training for a guy he Knocked down 3 times in the 1st round. Marquez IS NOT taking Manny Pacquiao lightly folks. He will be in the GREATES shape and more importantly CONDITION of his life for their next meeting. The question is: WILL MANNY BE IN ANY CONDITION TO GO UP AGAINST A MAN WHO IS "UNDOUBTEDLY" IN A LEAGUE WITH ONLY A HANDFUL IN THE WORLD. Manny must think that he's facing 3K BATTERY II.........He's DEAD WRONG!!!!! MANNY PACQUIAO WILL NOT HAVE THE LEGS TO GO 12 ROUNDS WITH JMM..........IF he wins, He will need to finish him within 5 rounds..........AND THAT IS A FACT JACK!!!!!

MANNY WILL LAST A DISTANCE THAT’S FOR SURE…. HIS NOT A MIKE TYSON TYPE OF FIGHTER THAT CANNOT GO A DISTANCE. HE FOUGHT MAB IT LAST 11 RDS AND HE KNOCK DOWN MAB… THE SAME THING WITH JMM IN THEIR FIRST FIGHT IT LAST 12 RDS AND ENDED IN A VERY CONTROVERSIAL SPLIT DRAW. IF ONLY JUDGE BURT CLEMENT SCORE IT CORRETLY HIS THE NEW IBF/WBA CHAMP…. AND THAT’S THE FACT JACK…. :swordplay:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:54 am 
Heavyweight

joble wrote:
I don't agree that Manny will pay the price on the rematch with JMM.

Manny will win because he is motivated by inspiration and NOT by
discipline/skills alone. If you have watch Manny helping people in General Santos you can see he's inspired to help them more. So, I don't think Manny will let his people down. JMM is only motivated because of his pride, fear to sit on the canvas again and be highly respected like Barrera and Morales.

Maganda itong sinabi mo. Sana totoo hanggang ngayon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:56 am 
Bantamweight

Well, Manny has trained 3 weeks and sparred for 80 rounds in preparation for this last fight with 3K Battery. It is just a month of relaxation. We need to give Manny a break, he has his own life and family.

Anyone will burn out on non-stop working, don't you agree? especially christmas season. Anyways, i'm sure Manny is still continuing his light training last holiday season.

52 days of training for Manny will be enough to put his condition back on track.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:00 am 
Welterweight

joble wrote:
I don't agree that Manny will pay the price on the rematch with JMM.

Manny will win because he is motivated by inspiration and NOT by
discipline/skills alone. If you have watch Manny helping people in General Santos you can see he's inspired to help them more. So, I don't think Manny will let his people down. JMM is only motivated because of his pride, fear to sit on the canvas again and be highly respected like Barrera and Morales.

IMHO this is the best and most reasonable post regarding Manny I had ever read so far.

Champions aren't made in gyms. They are made from deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have the last-minute stamina, a little faster, the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill.

Muhammad Ali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:00 am 
Light Heavyweight

Jose Reyes wrote:
Rembrandt wrote:
You probably are right Joe. But all the hard training for Marquez couldn't make him win. It will only make him stand up after more than 3 KDs. After that, the referee will have to stop the fight after JMM gets so much beating.

Count me on that....!

I respectably disagree........Manny was in GREAT condition for the 1st fight but he STILL couldn't finish him off after 3 knock downs in the 1st round. JMM is in even BETTER shape now, and Manny is NOT in the same condition as he was in the 1st fight. I think that ANY TRUE FIGHT FAN will agree on this: TAKE THE 1st ROUND AWAY FROM THEIR ORIGINAL MEETING and JMM WINS BY AT LEAST 2 ROUNDS. PacMan is in condition right now to fight against 3K BATTERY, but NOT to fight JMM........believe it.

Just wait Manny until the fight night he will more improved his arsenal more than they first meeting, and he leave marquez nothing manny always trained hard.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:18 am 
Featherweight

Jose Reyes wrote:
Well folks,......HE'S AT IT AGAIN!!!! While MARQUEZ has been training in HIGH ALTITUDE for nearly a month now, MANNY PACQUIAO has (as usual) been too busy to train hard. Oh, his handlers love to tell the press that he is training in different provinces in the RP, but the fact is this.........ROACH TOLD HIM TO LEAVE THE RP IMMEDIATELY AFTER CHRISTMAS (If possible) and WHAT does the "GREAT HERO" do: HE WILL BE LEAVING ON JANUARY 8th TO COME TO ROACH'S GYM AND TRAIN FOR A FULL 6 WEEKS TO FACE THE TOUGHEST OPPONENT TO DATE...........really smart huh? PACQUIAO thinks that filming COMMERCIALS for SOCKS is more important than training for a guy he Knocked down 3 times in the 1st round. Marquez IS NOT taking Manny Pacquiao lightly folks. He will be in the GREATES shape and more importantly CONDITION of his life for their next meeting. The question is: WILL MANNY BE IN ANY CONDITION TO GO UP AGAINST A MAN WHO IS "UNDOUBTEDLY" IN A LEAGUE WITH ONLY A HANDFUL IN THE WORLD. Manny must think that he's facing 3K BATTERY II.........He's DEAD WRONG!!!!! MANNY PACQUIAO WILL NOT HAVE THE LEGS TO GO 12 ROUNDS WITH JMM..........IF he wins, He will need to finish him within 5 rounds..........AND THAT IS A FACT JACK!!!!!

Panero,
There is no amount of training JMM could do to neturalise Manny's power. The same power is inate and natural, even if Manny is only 80% peak. I am sure he will be at the 100% level just in time for the big fight. I am more concerned if JMM peaks too soon and starts to taper down by fight time. Afterall I can care less. JMM may employ more cunning and cautious strategy to counterpunch but dude, it is not enough to stop Manny's bazookas. Yes you may be right, JMM belongs to a "league of their own", but you bet it is a league of boring hit-and-runners. The 4-corner ring is just too small for JMM to dash and back pedal away from Manny's punches. Am sorry, JMM has no place to hide except to kiss and get refuge on the canvass.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:19 am 
Light Heavyweight

Ewan ko lang kung ganun nga mangyayari

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:20 am 
Light Heavyweight

Jose Reyes wrote:
Shark_Attack wrote:
Don't worry too much. If JMM started his training in November, so did Pac in November. Pac even fought and KOed Fahsang in December 11. JMM goes into full training with sparring in January, so will Pac in January. I cannot see the difference that JMM is more prepared than Pac.

It is actually JMM who has to train to last 12 rounds as the only way he could beat Pac is to run-counter-run for 12 rounds and hope for a decision. If JMM bangs with Pac, he will go down.

MAYBE YOU'LL SEE THE DIFFERECE IN LATE FEBRUARY.........WHY ARE PACMAN FANS SO OBSCURED OF REALITY.....IT'S ONE THING TO BE A FAN, BUT IT'S ANOTHER TO BE COMPLETELY UNREALISTIC. JMM WILL START HIS SPARRING TOMORROW........PACQUIAO WILL BE ON A FLIGHT TO GO FILM HIS "SOCK" COMMERCIAL........REAL DEDICATION THERE......

Actually Manny is in training in Davao for 3K last Nov. and a fight Last Dec. how about that and of course a light training that’s a reality for me and a week vacation coz for holiday and some taping for some commercials and endorsements. he don’t want to over trained and injured his hand he need to rest his left because even he use his right hand his left hand still do the job to finished marquez.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:40 am 
Middleweight

All Pac fans just trust Pacman and his Team especially his trainor Freddie Roach and conditioning trainor too. Do you think his team aren't thinking if Manny lacks time on his training preparation. Rest assured the whole team are confident they will still have enough time. And Manny is always focus and has a brilliant work ethic when he trains... if we all remember what his trainor Roach says after he completed his training before his scheduled bout on his first meeting with Dinamita, MANNY'S FORM AND BODY, HE'S LIKE BRUCE LEE :box:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:43 pm 
Bantamweight

CharlieBrown wrote:

Panero,
There is no amount of training JMM could do to neturalise Manny's power. The same power is inate and natural, even if Manny is only 80% peak. I am sure he will be at the 100% level just in time for the big fight. I am more concerned if JMM peaks too soon and starts to taper down by fight time. Afterall I can care less. JMM may employ more cunning and cautious strategy to counterpunch but dude, it is not enough to stop Manny's bazookas. Yes you may be right, JMM belongs to a "league of their own", but you bet it is a league of boring hit-and-runners. The 4-corner ring is just too small for JMM to dash and back pedal away from Manny's punches. Am sorry, JMM has no place to hide except to kiss and get refuge on the canvass.

Here's where you are WRONG.......IF PacMAn has SO MUCH MORE SUPERIOR POWER than Marquez, then explain me this........WHY COULDN"T HE KNOCK JMM OUT AFTER THE 1st ROUND> He had 11 rounds to finish this guy......but HE COULDN'T DO IT. What makes you think that he'll do it NOW?......because he beat 3k BATTERY? 3k Battery in NOT Marquez.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:55 pm 
Bantamweight

PinoyEngland wrote:
Welcome Mr. Reyes. Good to have you here. I remember the time that you
blow your horn loud announcing to the whole world that you're for Barrera.
Got axe to grind against the citizens in the kingdom of PACLAND. Wanna bet? Basketfull of BALUT, ok?

To start off.... I HAVE NEVER BEEN A BARRERA FANATIC.......I am a BOXING FAN. I LOVE Sports and Boxing is among the TOP of my list. PACQUIAO is a fighter that is at a level with FEW in the WORLD.......but so is Marquez. My only point is that PAcquiao doesn't see this guy as a threat. He fails to give 100% of himself to training and this is NOT the 1st time either. Pacquiao has a great attitude when it comes to helping PINOYS and I believe that he is IN FACT a good man.........but he COULD DEFINITELY be a much GREATER FIGHTER. I WILL BE ROOTING FOR PACMAN TO WIN,......but I THINK he will lose this one by points.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:07 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Jose Reyes wrote:
I've NEVER seen a boxer NOT have an EXCUSE for something he didn't do right.........In this case Pacquiao had TWO EXCUSES.....1: BAD SOCKS(How lame is THAT?) and 2:sprained hand (SUPER LAME). The fact is: HE COULDN"T FINISH HIM BECAUSE JMM HAD TOO MUCH HEART......PLUS THE FACT THAT PACQUIAO WAS FIGHTING HIM WITH A "HEAD-HUNTER'S" MENTALITY. Excuses are just that: EXCUSES. MAYBE HIS NEXT EXCUSE WILL BE: "Well, I didn't train hard for him"........actually, I'm wrong.....THAT WOULD BE THE TRUTH......NOT AN EXCUSE.

I hope your not blind bro!!!! after a that fight check his left hand and tell us again if that is an EXUSE!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:29 am 
Light Heavyweight

Jose Reyes wrote:
PinoyEngland wrote:
Welcome Mr. Reyes. Good to have you here. I remember the time that you
blow your horn loud announcing to the whole world that you're for Barrera.
Got axe to grind against the citizens in the kingdom of PACLAND. Wanna bet? Basketfull of BALUT, ok?

To start off.... I HAVE NEVER BEEN A BARRERA FANATIC.......I am a BOXING FAN. I LOVE Sports and Boxing is among the TOP of my list. PACQUIAO is a fighter that is at a level with FEW in the WORLD.......but so is Marquez. My only point is that PAcquiao doesn't see this guy as a threat. He fails to give 100% of himself to training and this is NOT the 1st time either. Pacquiao has a great attitude when it comes to helping PINOYS and I believe that he is IN FACT a good man.........but he COULD DEFINITELY be a much GREATER FIGHTER. I WILL BE ROOTING FOR PACMAN TO WIN,......but I THINK he will lose this one by points.

i think bro you need to relax and slow down on drinking cofffee
i wanna hear your comment after feb 26.....
6 weeks its good enough... Pacman just had a training from 3K battery...
why worried about JMM (he) need training 'cause his power is just average now.. i will agree with you if JMM is only 25 years old... but please he's older now... so he need it that training 'cause for sure he wanna make it all the way tru 12th rounds..... he knows when its over... his career is done! nada OVER!....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:33 am 
Light Heavyweight

RaiSpeed_pac wrote:
Jose Reyes wrote:
I've NEVER seen a boxer NOT have an EXCUSE for something he didn't do right.........In this case Pacquiao had TWO EXCUSES.....1: BAD SOCKS(How lame is THAT?) and 2:sprained hand (SUPER LAME). The fact is: HE COULDN"T FINISH HIM BECAUSE JMM HAD TOO MUCH HEART......PLUS THE FACT THAT PACQUIAO WAS FIGHTING HIM WITH A "HEAD-HUNTER'S" MENTALITY. Excuses are just that: EXCUSES. MAYBE HIS NEXT EXCUSE WILL BE: "Well, I didn't train hard for him"........actually, I'm wrong.....THAT WOULD BE THE TRUTH......NOT AN EXCUSE.

I hope your not blind bro!!!! after a that fight check his left hand and tell us again if that is an EXUSE!

so ms reyes whats ur excuse about Barrera? tell me.. are just here just wanna be........ be real ok

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next