Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:53 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:42 am 
Cruiserweight

death_stinger wrote:
Sir_Ivan wrote:
In his last fight with JMM, it was clear that JMM caught Manny several times with the straight right (JMM, this doesnt justifies you won the fight... wake up!) why was it so? What should have been done by Manny to avoid this and what he has supposedly done to land his punches even more than what he did in his performance so that he could have DOMINATED JMM's number of punches?

IMO, I just noticed that every time Manny do his head movement, JMM just kept his guard up waiting for Manny to stop moving his head. And when he did, JMM quickly unleashes his straight right putting everything on it which made it look clean and noticeable.

I just thought Manny should have also kept moving laterally to get a good angle for his punches (which JMM has kept doing which gave Manny a hard time catching him) and at the same time minimize getting hit with a straight right.

IMO, Manny could have played JMM even more if he used his good lateral movement (then attack at an angle), cutting the ring off, more feints, and more body punches. All these in addition to his EXCELLENT defense, power, durability, stamina, speed, and his good intellectual boxing skills which i think all together made him won the fight.

just my two cents. your thoughts about this flaw from Pacman in his 2nd fight against JMM. other flaws noticed are also welcome to be discussed in this thread.

You know why bro coz marquez knew that Manny's combos are not really combos. The only attack he has to be wary about is the left straight, other than that Manny has nothing in this arsenal. the supposed 4-punch or 5-punch has no power behind, parang naglalangoy-aso lang si Pacquaio, and Marquez and his trainer see through that, they just wait for Manny to "langoy-aso" then Marquez counters.

yeah i agree to that. i guess that's also why Pac and roach were really trying to show what their right hook could do. for all i saw in Pac's last fights, he has demonstrated that effectively only against Morales II & III. They tried to use it many times against Marquez II but hasnt really done much for Pacman. Why was it so?

btw, in round 3 when JMM almost got KD for the 2nd time JMM was countering well but he got caught with a left and a right to the chin and he almost went down.

Re: Why was Pacman caught by straight right?

Sponsor

Sponsor