Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:26 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:47 am 
Heavyweight

Yup , ur right ... LS.
and I guess the TS just wanna have some fun. :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:55 am 
Cruiserweight

sugarmaple 07 wrote:
Yup , ur right ... LS.

How about "KSP" :lol: :lol: :lol: or maybe he wants some convincing from fellow Paclanders that indeed MP was the winner of the fight...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:57 am 
Heavyweight

LightSpeed wrote:
sugarmaple 07 wrote:
Yup , ur right ... LS.

How about "KSP" :lol: :lol: :lol: or maybe he wants some convincing from fellow Paclanders that indeed MP was the winner of the fight...

:D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:12 am 
Welterweight

i will recommend you to become a boxing judge but please don't take one month to decide.

"AANHIN PA ANG DAMO KUNG PATAY NA ANG KABAYO"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:18 am 
Cruiserweight

sugarmaple 07 wrote:
The fight was held last March 15 and u posted this thread April 22 . What took you so long bro?

sorry im got busy bro. just thought it would still be interesting to discuss this with everyone. :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:24 am 
Light Heavyweight

Sir_Ivan wrote:
sugarmaple 07 wrote:
The fight was held last March 15 and u posted this thread April 22 . What took you so long bro?

sorry im got busy bro. just thought it would still be interesting to discuss this with everyone. :D

sure.. Its also an interesting topic for me, especially the scoring..

.. but maybe if you had posted this topic under "Manny's previous fights" forum then we wouldn't have any problems here.. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:25 am 
Heavyweight

Sir_Ivan wrote:
sugarmaple 07 wrote:

No need to say sorry bro .. :D
Glad u didn't get offended by that remark . :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:40 am 
Cruiserweight

Sir_Ivan wrote:
sugarmaple 07 wrote:

For all intents and purposes, it's all bridge over water now. MP won, well at least in the eyes of the 2 judges. But then, all over the world, almost everybody will concede that it was indeed a very close fight that could have gone either way. As what Atty. Ed Tolentino said in one of his articles: http://www.manilatimes.net/national/2008/apr/11/yehey/sports/20080411spo4.html"In a perfect world, Marquez and Pacquiao would be squaring off next month to immediately settle the score between them." It's because the business side of boxing that a rematch won't be made immediately as he also pointed out.

Anyway what Paclanders are discussing right now is the forthcoming fight of MP with DD. This is the magic of Bob in full swing. :(

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:45 am 
Cruiserweight

LightSpeed wrote:
sugarmaple 07 wrote:
Reyes wrote:
does it matter?

..it was a great fight, what can we say?

..or maybe he just took his time watching the fight again and again..

in any case, its an interesting thread.

yes it does ! posting a thread on a fight held more than 1 month ago ... is like " PANIS " in Tagalog.
IMO , it does . It doesn't matter to me if you feel otherwise. Peace.

You got a point hehehe... It really does matter. After all, this fight has been discussed so many times. The fact is MP will not fight JMM immediately to settle this close fight. :(

im sorry to disagree with you bros. but how can you guys say that this fight is PANIS (spoiled) issue when in fact, you can still hear, read, and watch the echo and the remnants of the fight's outcome worldwide?

besides, though this fight has been discussed so many times, the question is has the discussion on this fight stopped anywhere or everywhere in the world? why stop talking about it when in fact there are still a lot of good things that can be talked about regarding the fight?

finally, i tried to search for a particular thread that concentrate on the scoring of the fight alone in this forum but i failed to see one. unless you can show me a pre-existing one, i guess there's no reason why such a thread will be of less interest when in fact such sharing of opinion regarding the topic is being introduced fresh.

anyway, we havent heared or seen your opinion regarding your scoring of the fight. it will be much appreciated if you could share yours as long as you know how to score the fight. peace. :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:53 am 
Cruiserweight

LightSpeed wrote:
Sir_Ivan wrote:
sugarmaple 07 wrote:

For all intents and purposes, it's all bridge over water now. MP won, well at least in the eyes of the 2 judges. But then, all over the world, almost everybody will concede that it was indeed a very close fight that could have gone either way. As what Atty. Ed Tolentino said in one of his articles: http://www.manilatimes.net/national/2008/apr/11/yehey/sports/20080411spo4.html"In a perfect world, Marquez and Pacquiao would be squaring off next month to immediately settle the score between them." It's because the business side of boxing that a rematch won't be made immediately as he also pointed out.

Anyway what Paclanders are discussing right now is the forthcoming fight of MP with DD. This is the magic of Bob in full swing. :(

well, i guess i couldnt post a thread saying "Pac vs DD post your score cards here" can I? its the very thought of the topic that interests me. actually, i wanted to honestly see in which rounds did most people saw Pac and JMM won a clear round and which rounds they thought were too close to score it for either man. if that's not interesting, i dont know what is.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:02 pm 
Welterweight

cupid_boy111 wrote:
115-113 for marquez
marquez dominate the fight and more aggressive most of the round except the round 3,9,10 which pacquiao scored a ko. over marquez. Im a pinoy and pacman fans but thru observation and transparency i think marquez win the paquiao-marquez II.

How can Marquez win when according to your brilliant, accurate, and transparent observation Manny knocked out Marquez three times in one fight?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:05 pm 
Heavyweight

A draw or 114-113 JMM. Close fight. Marques landed eye catching punches lefts, right, hooks to the head and body. Did more showed us a whole kit of punches.Finished stronger didn't stop until the last round.Vs one of Manny's left straight, other than that he did throw a few rights.Pac had problem goin back as usual because he needs to come forward, wind up, to throw the left hand.Although he scored a KD in the 3 rd goin back,that kept it close. Still I had Marquez ahead by a point.These 2 are evenly match in strength. Pac has the speed adv.JMM edges in versatilty (fought Pac in or out, dominant when he controlled the distance,he stood toe-to-toe on occasion he never ran) and the skillz are a level above Pac.That's the big difference, the best technician will always look like the winner on the scorecards.anyway on the positive side.Pac didn't look like an amateur unlike their first encounter where jmm outboxed our boy..

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:28 pm 
Cruiserweight

Sir_Ivan wrote:
im sorry to disagree with you bros. but how can you guys say that this fight is PANIS (spoiled) issue when in fact, you can still hear, read, and watch the echo and the remnants of the fight's outcome worldwide?

besides, though this fight has been discussed so many times, the question is has the discussion on this fight stopped anywhere or everywhere in the world? why stop talking about it when in fact there are still a lot of good things that can be talked about regarding the fight?

finally, i tried to search for a particular thread that concentrate on the scoring of the fight alone in this forum but i failed to see one. unless you can show me a pre-existing one, i guess there's no reason why such a thread will be of less interest when in fact such sharing of opinion regarding the topic is being introduced fresh.
anyway, we havent heared or seen your opinion regarding your scoring of the fight. it will be much appreciated if you could share yours as long as you know how to score the fight. peace. :D

Since this still interests you, I'd like to point out that a particular article from PhilBoxing has been devoted to this scoring stuff solely. Here it is:

http://philboxing.com/news/list.articles.php?aid=0&id=15744

You will see clearly that it was close fight indeed. Maybe because of that article, nobody here in Pacland except you deemed it necessary to start a thread solely for this scoring stuff because it would not be fresh topic anymore as you put it. But be that as it may, you would see from various threads here in Paclands where a scoring was done every now and then.

Anyway for your viewing pleasure, I scored it 114-113 for MP when I first watched the fight on big screen. But like all the fans with me in SM Cinema, we were not really sure who won. It was a relief when MP's name was announced as the winner. But after viewing the fight again several times with mute turned on, I think JMM could pull a victory or even a draw. It's all subjective depending on what one is looking for in a fight:

For me, these were the rounds that went JMM's way after my succeeding views of the fight:
Round 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 12 IMHO, it should be 114-113 JMM. But I will have no objections if anybody will give the fight for MP.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:42 pm 
Cruiserweight

114-113 pacquiao.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:47 pm 
Middleweight

Stop this B'LLSH$$$$$T SCORING ITS DONE BRO. another kagaguhanthread in the making

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next