Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:48 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:05 am 
Heavyweight

Round 9 and Round 10 was too close to call. But it could have gone to MP if there was no blood on his face. Rounds 11 and 12 were MP's round.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:11 am 
Heavyweight

El-Matador wrote:
I came here to see and watch many excuses, har har har :biglaugh:

Okay how bout EM only beats guys ONLY AFTER they are bloodied and half blind by a cheating head-butt. BEFORE the head-butt, EM was on hit-and-run mode like a schoolgirl. BTW, EM has NO POWER, he could not KO a smaller guy whose got a bloodied cut and could only see in one eye.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:09 am 
Middleweight

Shark_Attack wrote:
El-Matador wrote:
I came here to see and watch many excuses, har har har :biglaugh:

Okay how bout EM only beats guys ONLY AFTER they are bloodied and half blind by a cheating head-butt. BEFORE the head-butt, EM was on hit-and-run mode like a schoolgirl. BTW, EM has NO POWER, he could not KO a smaller guy whose got a bloodied cut and could only see in one eye.

lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:17 am 
Flyweight

PALtag wrote:
DobyZhee wrote:
rbm115 wrote:
DobyZhee wrote:
whoever had Manny winning this fight is just plain retarded.

how about a draw?

I could see a draw if Pacquiao won a few more rounds or if he blackened 1 of Morales's eyes but salvaging a draw in Las Vegas in Top Rank territory is almost impossible. Manny and his handlers knew that he had to have a knockout to win this fight. Didn't happen.

Now let's say for example Pacman knocked Morales down in the 12th, would that have been enough to win? Hard to say, he was way behind on points imo. Judges scored it 115-113 all around...those scores were VERY generous

if pac knocked down morales, it wont be enough to win the fight, it will be 114-113 for morales

if manny knocked morales down in round 11 or any losing round he had, the score in that round wouldve been 10-8/10-9 for pacquiao... that could mean a draw 114-114 or a victory for pac 114-113..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:20 am 
Middleweight

dayum

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:50 am 
Middleweight

tisoy355 wrote:
Ok, I've watched this fight over and over and I had Pacquiao ahead 115 to 113. At the least a draw. For one I think the judges probably had the fifth 10-8 for Morales because Joe Cortez said the cut was due to a punch, which we all know is incorrect. I'm telling you folks Manny Pacquiao won this fight, watch the fight again and again and score each round and see what you come up with.

Here is the actual score cards for your info and to the others here who hasn't seen it:

http://www.fightnews.com/pacquiao_morales_scorecard.gif

Round 5 was scored 10-9 not 10-8 in favor of EM. I believe it was a very closed fight . A lot people saying a lot of rubish that EM dominated the PAC and EM claimed that he was not hurt during the fight which is again rubish. If you look at the score cards EM won only by 2 rounds and that's how close the fight is. PAC rocked EM on the last round and we know that. Manny really looks like a beaten fighter after the fight because of too much blood coming from his cuts, but as we know this was caused by an accidental head butt.

The main thing that puzzle me is how come that Manny was so exhausted during the fight which is so unusual of him. Is this caused by the late medical check up that they have done to him?

Bakal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:30 am 
Featherweight

yes it was scored 10-9 but it was scored in favor of morales i believe because they said it was caused by a punch, also if you look at rounds 6 and 7 and how the judges scored them differently. one judge had round 6 for manny and the other two had it for erik, round 7 was the exact opposite. the fact that these judges saw those rounds so differently esspecially the 6th where i dont know how anyone could have scored that round for morales just upsets me. what ever, it doesnt matter whats done is done. my point is that manny just like in the marquez fight where the judge messed up scoring 10-7 in the first round was again robbed by the judges.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:42 am 
Heavyweight

i believe manny won :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 2:53 am 
Heavyweight

How about Compubox or slomo replay? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 2:57 am 
Heavyweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
Terible won, 7-5 easily.
At the end of most rounds, I would rather be Morales.

deja vu all over again ?

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 3:22 am 
Cruiserweight

jabs and straights. Morales had the blueprint, Floyd had all the tools and executed it properly.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 3:30 am 
Heavyweight

Lifer wrote:
jabs and straights. Morales had the blueprint, Floyd had all the tools and executed it properly.

Sadly, 10 yrs later Pac still has no jab, uppercuts and not much ring-cutting ability.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 4:24 am 
Welterweight

I just watched Pacquiao/Marquez l, ll, & lll, in slow-mo and without audio, and so abundantly clear that Pacquiao lost every single one of those fights!

Just think if Pacquiao was a traditional fighter rather than a dreaded southpaw. He'd probably be 6-57-2.