Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:33 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:43 pm 
Heavyweight

Location: family vacation sa jan balik sa BANANA REPUBLIC of the PHILIPPINES
:D :D :D :D :D

He is a guy who doesn’t like telemarketer but he is acting like one.

:D :D :) :( :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:26 pm 
Lightweight

JAXAN wrote:
Homsay is an entertaining writer only because of the lively ways and words he used in putting his pen in paper. He is relying more on facts and stats without having the passion in an individual viewpoint. Not only that I don’t like this guy, but I hated him also after he emailed me personally that draw is the least verdict Pacquiao could have.
And I want to eat him for that. We have our own views but I just can’t respect his.

Naa rko sa Banilad pre. Shating nya ta mga taga Sugbo PacFans!

o ba! shating raman kha. hehe. way makatumba ani pre. im here in lapulapu working at a certain forwarding company.

hmmmm, you know what jaxan, i once mailed him about some Filipinos playing in USBL in the likes of alvarez, hizon and others.i asked the whereabouts of the cagers. i thought i could be insulted but he didnt attempt, i just thanked it. it just so happened that the sports editor of sunstar is my cousin. after that, i never mailed him. but i still read his articles. hehe.

asa ta mag.shating brod?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:36 pm 
Welterweight

Si homer wla talaga yan kasi yung karamihan sa mga analysis nya lalo na sa basketball NBA ay laging palpak. gaya nong lakers and San Antonio championship sabi nya over the radyo sa DYAB cebu na kapag natalo ang lakers sa spurs sa kanilang best of seven championship series kakainin daw niya ang telepono. ayon tinalo ang lakers kinain nya ang kanyang prediction pero hindi kinain nya ang telepono..ewan ko sa kanya hindi naman niya tinupad ang mga sinabi nya ang daming analysis nya iba ang outcome o palpak hehehe

peace :oops: :swordplay:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:49 am 

I respect his writing ability and basketball knowledge, but his boxing know how is so so. One thing I remembered after the Pac vs MAB fight was that he did sort of apologize. He did say that he didn't mind being wrong if Pac won...which he did. The most important thing that people here must know about HOMSAY is the fact that just because he doesn't pick Pac to win, doesn't really mean that he's anti-Pac. For goodness sake, the man is a sports journalist not a nuthugger, and he is just writing is opinions. I don't see anything wrong with that. Ronnie Nathanielsz on the other hand is Murad's drumbeater and a big suck-up. Remember the long intro he made as the announcer for the Pac vs Fahsan bout? Good Lord almighty! What a kiss ***!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:42 am 
Light Heavyweight

No need to bash on the guy just because he pridicted Pac to lose on a couple of fights. Pacquiao is not the easiest boxer to pridict in the ring. Pac's gets stronger and learns more on every fight. Homer went along with what he knew about the two boxer disregarding that he's philippino which is how a jurnalist should wright. I gave Barrera an edge in that fight too, but that those not mean I was not rooting for Pacquiao.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:16 pm 
Cruiserweight

[quote="Rembrandt"]Homsay is just good in predicting basketball but not boxing.

He just had vast knowledge about NBA but not to even his kababayan boxers.

Jaxan, youre face looks familiar. Are you and your wife working in MEPZ?[/quote]-------------------- HOMSAY IS JUST AN NBA WRITER WHO DOES HIS RESEARCH WELL WITH GOOD HYPERBOLE TO BOOT OTHERWISE HE'S NOT REALLY A GOOD EXPERT IN PREDICTING AN OUTCOME. I REMEMBER TRADING AN EMAIL WITH HIM, ME AS A SAN ANTONIO RESIDENT AND A SPURS SEASON TICKET HOLDER PREDICTED THAT THE SPURS LOOKS GOOD DURING THE ROOKIE YEAR OF MANU GINOBILI . WHAT HIS RESPOND WAS A SORT OF AN INSULT TO THINK THAT HE DON'T REALLY WATCH NBA GAMES OF OTHER TEAMS EXCEPT HIS FAVORITE TEAM THEN, THE LA LAKERS. WHAT HAPPEN THAT YEAR ALREADY A VINDICATION COZ THE SPURS WON THAT YEAR BEATING THE LAKERS AND HOMSAY'S PRIDE WITH THE SPARK FROM THE BENCH IN GINOBILI AS I EMPHASIZED TO HIM. ANYWAY, THE LAST TIME I READ HIS EXPERT COMMENTS, HE SOUNDS LIKE HE JUMP OFF THE LAKERS TEAM AND IT SOUNDS LIKE HE WANTS TO JOIN THE SAN ANTONIO SPURS BANDWAGON. I'M WAITING FOR HIS REPLY AFTER I EMAILED HIM THAT HE'S NOT WELCOME IN THE SPURS BANDWAGON...COZ WHEN HE HAD A BLOOD TEST HE SAID HIS BLOOD IS BLEEDING PURPLE AND GOLD, HE MUST HAVE FORGOTTEN THAT THE SPURS BANDWAGON ONLY ACCEPTS GUYS WITH BLOOD TYPE OF SILVER AND BLACK... GO SPURS GO...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:48 pm 
Cruiserweight

Homer is a writer i love to watch especially if he fails on his prediction. Why? Because he humbly accepts his mistakes. Having an opinion should be unsolicited and that's what makes articles great. I think the more boxingguru in sunstar is Mr. Paul Taneo, he roots for Morales once but after seeing Morales' fight against Famoso, he quickly changed his mind saying Pac can beat Morales in all angles.

amay'ko.man forwarding sad diay ka trabaho bai? ako nasad ko sa forwarding bay but more on seafreight and on consolidation. Hapit naman gani ko ma football diri kay sige nako sakpan sa akong boss sge surf ug boxing sites especially here in Pacland, heheheeheh. basig pwede ta mag storya unya.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:27 pm 
Lightweight

now that you guys spur my interest, can somebody lead me to a site where I can read homer's articles...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:35 pm 
Cruiserweight

Kidrock, Homer is a registered Sunstar cebu journalist. You can see his articles through sunstar's website. http://www.sunstar.com.ph click cebu as the area you want to view.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:54 pm 
Lightweight

I respect Mr. Sayson's opinions on Pacquiao and whatever his predictions may be. In fact, if he thought MAB would beat Pacman, I would've agreed with him back then. Nobody's perfect. Now if he can give us more news on what's happening in Pacman's camp or how promotions for the fight is shaping up, then it's all good. It's much appreciated. When it comes to info, the more the better.

But really, I no longer care much about what most journalists (noone in particular, mind you) may say about a fight and a fighter in general. I don't let their opinions sway me. And neither should they to any serious fan. I've been following boxing long enough to trust my own judgment rather than rely solely on what so-called experts may say. For sure, they're valuable to us for the information they can provide on what's happening in the boxing scene.

But most of them of are just that---journalists. It's their job to cover the sport. They're not really fans. And generally, most aren't knowlegeable enough for a real fight fan to converse with them on stuff like boxing history, how fighters match-up, who's who, what they've achieved, etc... Even worse, some of them actually pretend to be experts. And sadly, there are a lot of them in boxing.

Last edited by Victory on Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:34 pm 
Lightweight

MR. BROWNSTONE wrote:
Kidrock, Homer is a registered Sunstar cebu journalist. You can see his articles through sunstar's website. http://www.sunstar.com.ph click cebu as the area you want to view.

Thanks dude!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:31 pm 
Flyweight

bisdak wrote:
Ronnie Nathanielsz on the other hand is Murad's drumbeater and a big suck-up. Remember the long intro he made as the announcer for the Pac vs Fahsan bout? Good Lord almighty! What a kiss ***!!!!!!

that Bombay Nathanielsz is an embarassment to the Noypis his public humilation to MAB and JMM really unprofessional.

he think he can immitate Michael Buffer...

it really makes me laugh when he announce too many unnecessary "FORMER..FORMER...FORMER..BLAH!!!BLAH!!!BLAH!!!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:26 pm 
Heavyweight

BRING THIS THREAD TO LIFE!

Post subject: HOMER IS JUST TEASING!!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:59 pm 
Middleweight

Homer is just teasing Paclanders, so that's why He has already a forum here. But I can show some mistakes that Homer should not cover like this.

Sayson: The world does not end on July 2
By Homer Sayson
Secondovertime

CHICAGO – Today is not a good day to be a physician or a nurse at Cebu Doctors Hospital. That’s because Rey “Boom-Boom” Bautista, lying in his sick bed, would probably wake up this morning eager to punch someone, anyone in sight.

Boom-Boom’s rage is understandable. In a conspiracy of malice and treachery, fate and irony just dealt him a lousy hand.

It all began to unravel last June 18, when flu-like symptoms rocked Boom-Boom, throwing him into fits of heavy coughing and forcing his temperature to rise into fever pitch.

But with timely medical attention, a process that required the infusion of liquids and antibiotics, doctors were able to contain the virus before it spread out of control. In no time, Rey was back in track, “slow with the sparring, but heavy with the training regimen,” ALA stable owner Antonio Aldeguer told Sun.Star Cebu.

And then a week later on Sunday, June 25, it was deja vu all over again. Manifesting the now familiar symptoms of “high fever and heavy coughing,” Boom-Boom was rushed to Cebu Doctors Hospital at past 9 p.m.

Boom-Boom’s condition was diagnosed as “bacterial flu.” With aggressive treatment, he will beat this illness, too. The sad thing, however, is that the healing process won’t be completed early enough for Boom-Boom to fight Felix Alejandro Montiel on Sunday at the famed Arenata Coliseum, in the undercard of the Pacquiao-Larios tussle.

The word crestfallen wouldn’t begin to describe Boom-Boom’s emotions. He is crushed and devastated, and he feels awful, just like the 15 victims he had kayoed in his unbeaten, 20-fight career.

“It’s the dream of Sir ALA to have me fight at the Araneta Coliseum in the undercard of Manny Pacquiao’s fight. When all is within reach, my body failed to cooperate I don’t want to ruin his (Aldeguer’s) reputation and disappoint my fans. This is painful, but I have to admit, I am not ready and this fight is not meant for me,” said the Candijay, Bohol native.

“I’m so depressed,” Aldeguer echoed.

The affable Aldeguer is a man of few words. He has everything: a lovely wife, doting kids, a platoon of adorable grandkids, loyal friends, a blue-chip business empire, and he has more money than Bolivia.

Depression never enters the state of mind of a financially and emotionally wealthy person such as Tony Aldeguer. The word sadness rarely comes out of the lips when you are as healthy, spiritually-balanced and God-fearing as Tony Aldeguer.

But as of yesterday, Tony was, believe it or not, truly sad and depressed. He knows that Boom-Boom had just missed the rare chance of fighting in the main undercard of a Pacquiao fight, one that is held in our backyard, with the entire nation watching, while the rest of the world is beamed through the magic of satellite TV and pay-per-view.

For whatever it’s worth, though, I’d just like to tell Boom-Boom and sir ALA that the operative word here is “miss,” which only means to say that Boom-Boom will eventually have another try.

I believe in kismet, in destiny. Someday Boom-Boom will be a world champ. He will fight before bigger crowds, not just as Pacquiao’s curtain-raiser, but as the marquee name in the main event.

Boom-Boom feels as though it’s raining out there. But he also has to believe that a rainbow will break through the dark clouds. He just has to keep the faith.

(mailto:homsay@hotmail.com)

There's no such thing as bacterial flu and a flu cannot be cured by antibiotics. I know he's not in paramedical profession but he should make a research before writing it as many paramedical students in Cebu are reading his column. But anyway, we all commit mistakes which naturally part of human's life, From making some mistakes we will know the right thing. But he never makes a corrigendum about this.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:10 am 
Middleweight

I wonder Where's Homer Sayson now.. Hasn't written in Sunstar for more than 3 months. I heard he got fired.