Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:02 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:41 pm 
Heavyweight

This Filipino Sunstar sportswriter once turned Mexican voting and favoring Marquez over Pacman in his articles. Do you have any infos on his comments abot Morales-Pacquiao fight?

Last edited by JAXAN on Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:03 pm 
Lightweight

JAXAN,

I ONCE MAILED HOMER ASKING HIS PREDICTION ABOUT THE PACQUIAO-BARRERA FIGHT AND HE BELIEVED MANNY SHOULD AVOID THE BABY-FACED ASSASSIN. BUT AS A FILIPINO HE HAS THE HEART AND THE PRAYER FOR MANNY TO WIN.

I GUESS, THIS TIME, HOMSAY HAS THE SAME PREDICTION. IF YOU WANT, YOU CAN MAIL HIM THROUGH HIS E-MAIL AD mailto:HOMSAY@HOTMAIL.COM.
ME TOO, I STILL HAVE TO CHECK HIM OUT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:22 pm 
Heavyweight

Homer's ego must have been slapped when he predicted Manny would lose
to MAB but turned out to be incorrect. I read his articles after PAC-Marquez fight and he is clearly on the side of the Mexican stating Marquez overslugged Pacquiao and the draw is unequivocal. Most of us Cebuanos love this guy being a credited NBA journalist but sport aficionados including Pacfans like me thinks he's just a phony, illogical, brainwashed in LA writer.

Where are you from amayd'ko.man? Taga Sugbo pod diay ka bay?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:30 pm 
Middleweight

He is a respected journalist. He knows how to perfectly describe what he wants to say.

But Homer is limited to being a good post-fight or post-match analyst. He has a lot to say about what happened why this lost...and that won.

But as far as his predictions are concerned, he is just plain bad. I think he relies more on statistics. He tends to disregard the human factor.

Also, he doesn't like criticisms and goes on to insult his critics whom he'd better answer thru e-mail.

I think his ego far overshadows his talent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:48 pm 
Lightweight

JAXAN wrote:
Homer's ego must have been slapped when he predicted Manny would lose
to MAB but turned out to be incorrect. I read his articles after PAC-Marquez fight and he is clearly on the side of the Mexican stating Marquez overslugged Pacquiao and the draw is unequivocal. Most of us Cebuanos love this guy being a credited NBA journalist but sport aficionados including Pacfans like me thinks he's just a phony, illogical, brainwashed in LA writer.

Where are you from amayd'ko.man? Taga Sugbo pod diay ka bay?

YOU KNOW WHAT, JAXAN, HOMSAY LOVES VERY MUCH WHEN HE IS CRITICIZED (NOT BECAUSE IM SIDING HIM), BECAUSE EVEN IF HE HAS A LOT OF CRITICS, HE IS STILL THE BENEFICIARY, SINCE THERE WOULD BE A LOT OF READERS READING HIS ARTICLE.

ALL I KNOW ABOUT HIM IS HES AN ANTI-KOBE, BUT IS A LAKER FAN, LIKE ME. BUT IN CONTRARY, I LIKE KOBE.

I GUESS A LOT OF PEOPLE FOLLOWING HIS ARTICLE INCLUDING ME ARE SOMEKINDA' DISAPPOINTED WITH HIS PREDICTIONS. AND HE EVEN KNOWS ABOUT HIS PREDICTIONS FLAWS. HE APOLOGIZED IT, HES JUST A HUMAN BEING. I JUST LOVE THE WAY HE CHRONOLOGICALLY PRESENT THE EVENTS, WITH HYPERBOLIC DISCUSSIONS, HOW HE CHOSE THE WORDS TO BE USED ET AL.

JAXAN, I GUESS YOU DONT LIKE THIS GUY, DO YOU?

ASA SA CEBU INYO PARTS?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:56 pm 
Lightweight

nelsoncm wrote:
He is a respected journalist. He knows how to perfectly describe what he wants to say.

But Homer is limited to being a good post-fight or post-match analyst. He has a lot to say about what happened why this lost...and that won.

But as far as his predictions are concerned, he is just plain bad. I think he relies more on statistics. He tends to disregard the human factor.

Also, he doesn't like criticisms and goes on to insult his critics whom he'd better answer thru e-mail.

I think his ego far overshadows his talent.

YES, HES HYPERBOLIC. HE CAN CHANGE THE WORLD INTO A VAMPIRE, WHATEVER. I LOVE THE WAY HE WRITES. HE KNOWS ALMOST EVERYTHING ABOUT NBA. BUT HE HAS LOTS OF ENEMY TOO. HE HAD INSULTED MANY E-MAILER. THE ONLY THING BENEFICIAL TO HIM HERE IS, STILL HIS ENEMY WOULD READ HIS ARTICLE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:31 pm 
Heavyweight

Homsay is an entertaining writer only because of the lively ways and words he used in putting his pen in paper. He is relying more on facts and stats without having the passion in an individual viewpoint. Not only that I don’t like this guy, but I hated him also after he emailed me personally that draw is the least verdict Pacquiao could have.
And I want to eat him for that. We have our own views but I just can’t respect his.

Naa rko sa Banilad pre. Shating nya ta mga taga Sugbo PacFans!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:42 pm 
Welterweight

Homsay is just good in predicting basketball but not boxing.

He just had vast knowledge about NBA but not to even his kababayan boxers.

Jaxan, youre face looks familiar. Are you and your wife working in MEPZ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:55 pm 
Heavyweight

Hi Rembrandt! Nope. I am working in Keppel Ayala and I'm single.
That guy must be lucky, he looks as handsome as me.. haha.. Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:57 pm 
Welterweight

JAXAN wrote:
Hi Rembrandt! Nope. I am working in Keppel Ayala and I'm single.
That guy must be lucky, he looks as handsome as me.. haha.. Cheers!

Hahaha! Yes, you can say that. The guy was indeed lucky coz he married a beautiful woman who was my officemate.

:biglaugh:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:10 pm 

I noticed Sayson is more inclined in basketball and what passion he has in basketball is a total contrast in his inclination to boxing. Probably what is best for him is to admit his mistakes in boxing and go on with basketball just to maintain his good reputation as a writer.

I would rather not criticize the man because I remember he made an initiative of interviewing Pac in his hotel room at Vogabond in LA and shared a very interesting report posting it at Sunstar on a two-part series. That report gave us an inside look at Pac's condition in LA for his Barrera fight.

However, I could see a lot of writers tends to sound as "know it all" unmindful that there are readers of them that could readily see they can be better than the writer that they look up to in analysing fights.

Post subject: Jaxan,
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:06 pm 
Featherweight

your pic kinda looks like salven lagumbay of PDI. You don't happen to be him, don't you. probably you just reminded me of him. i also heard rumors that salven and homer are not in good terms because of their differences in opinion in boxing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:30 pm 
Heavyweight

Haha! Just an ordinary Pacman extremist bro. Fill in
your name in the Cebuano Pacfan thread. I do really wish to
drink out and meet fellow Cebuano Pacquiao devotee.

Post subject: alryt!!!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:58 pm 
Flyweight

JAXAN wrote:
Haha! Just an ordinary Pacman extremist bro. Fill in
your name in the Cebuano Pacfan thread. I do really wish to
drink out and meet fellow Cebuano Pacquiao devotee.

cge go! :) basta inom dli ko atras :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:57 pm 
Heavyweight

HOMER is that kind of a guy who loves himself soo much that the moment you contradict him, you'll end up bedeviled!... HE IS AWFUL IN PREDICTING! JUST READ HIS COLUMN AND ENJOY HIS RESEARCH WORKS ON YOUR FAV BASKETBALL PLAYERS/BOXERS BUT, BIG BUT, DO NOT BELIEVE HIS PREDICTIONS! HE'S WAY OFF! LOL

HIS EGO IS BIGGER THAN HIS BALLS!