Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:42 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:43 pm 
Featherweight

after manny lost his first fight against erik two years ago, rumors & comments spread that there was a great possibility that "coming with everything" was a fixed fight, and that there were backstage forces that ensured manny will not make it.

we've all heard about operations of game-fixing syndicates here and abroad and i'm sure you've also seen these in hollywood and pinoy movies. but how possible that this could have happened in morales-pacquiao 1?

i believe erik just fought pretty well that night and got away with it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:49 pm 
Heavyweight

tisay87 wrote:
after manny lost his first fight against erik two years ago, rumors & comments spread that there was a great possibility that "coming with everything" was a fixed fight, and that there were backstage forces that ensured manny will not make it.

we've all heard about operations of game-fixing syndicates here and abroad and i'm sure you've also seen these in hollywood and pinoy movies. but how possible that this could have happened in morales-pacquiao 1?

Manny peeing blood after the fight because of body shots from Erik is also scripted. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:29 pm 
Featherweight

Gabrielle wrote:
tisay87 wrote:

Manny peeing blood after the fight because of body shots from Erik is also scripted. :wink:

c'mon, how true?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:32 pm 
Lightweight

i dont think its a fixed fight...Manny give it his all in that fight..its just that Erik is the better man that night

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:51 pm 
Featherweight

apocalypse_ang3l wrote:
i dont think its a fixed fight...Manny give it his all in that fight..its just that Erik is the better man that night

have you also heard of this, that there was a good possibility that it was fixed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:00 am 
Heavyweight

It was not a fixed fight. During that time, Erik was still good for 130 and Pacman fought without using brains like the fight he had with Juan Manuel Marquez.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:01 am 
Heavyweight

The only thing fixed about it was the fact that Manny was not given a choice of gloves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:07 am 
Middleweight

BCngDC wrote:
The only thing fixed about it was the fact that Manny was not given a choice of gloves.
I have the same sentiment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:52 am 
Heavyweight

The same people that fixed the Morales fight will be fixing his election returns ???????????

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:00 am 
Welterweight

tisay87 wrote:

that was long time ago and i never heard anything about a fix much you stupid guy stop making news

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:00 am 
Welterweight

tisay87 wrote:

that was long time ago and i never heard anything about a fix much you stupid guy stop making news

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:08 am 
Light Heavyweight

Conspiracy theory.... gotta love it... :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:13 am 
Middleweight

tisay87 wrote:

Impossible bro. You need to think and observe deeper what happened during and after the fight. Watch it again and see if Pacman and Morales are really that good actors. :biglaugh:

I mean..it surely was not fixed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:10 am 
Middleweight

Old story, this already been tackled ages ago here in Pacland. Where have you been, during those days?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:08 am 
Heavyweight

tisay87 wrote:
Gabrielle wrote:
tisay87 wrote:

c'mon, how true?

Heard this in one of the interviews among team pac insiders. Can't remember because the fight was ages ago. :lol: