Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:22 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:43 am 
Flyweight

In that case, i'd go for a 5th round knockout by PACMAN!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:05 am 
Flyweight

Mga pre, alam na natin malakas si Pac pero di natin kalimutan malakas din si Morales, sabi nga nila styles makes fights. Kaya nga mga oddsmakers ay walang close winner kasi pareho may chance ang dalawa. Advice lang, expect the best but prepare for the worst. Think about it, what if manny gets kayoed? It would break the heart of millions of Filipino fans who thinks manny is invincible. No one is invincible in boxing, anything can happen, especially with morales who is also known as a brawler.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 6:53 am 
Lightweight

Very nice research. I think I understand. Does anyone know why MP was not able to finish Marquez in their bout though? If this holds true, and Marquez is also an altitude trainer, why was MP not able to finish him off? Darlington lang ba talaga? I cannot figure out why MP lost steam in that fight and this is what makes me most uneasy. Given a similar setup, will MP be able to improve on his weakness and would Erik M be able to improve on his?

Please someone explain why paltos lang sa paa, di na nya natapos si Marquez. I think this is an alibi. Utos ba ng Mafia? Sumakit ba ang kamay sa dami ng solid nya sa 1st round? Or medjas ba talaga?

MP ako all the way syempre!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:02 am 
Heavyweight

hp wrote:
Very nice research. I think I understand. Does anyone know why MP was not able to finish Marquez in their bout though? If this holds true, and Marquez is also an altitude trainer, why was MP not able to finish him off? Darlington lang ba talaga? I cannot figure out why MP lost steam in that fight and this is what makes me most uneasy. Given a similar setup, will MP be able to improve on his weakness and would Erik M be able to improve on his?

Please someone explain why paltos lang sa paa, di na nya natapos si Marquez. I think this is an alibi. Utos ba ng Mafia? Sumakit ba ang kamay sa dami ng solid nya sa 1st round? Or medjas ba talaga?

sprained phallanges/fist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:09 am 
Lightweight

@rbm: English please :P Jowk. TY po. Sabi ko na nga ba sumakit ang kamay sa dami ng solid. You have to hand it to Marquez though, standing parin after all those solid blows.

Excited na tuloy ako. SMB to-the-max ito :)

Ty po ulit rbm.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:22 am 
Featherweight

jesguerra wrote:
First off, with all due respect to the true champion Morales, this article is not meant to degrade his abilitities nor question his warrior spirit. I will merely dissect the facts and lead to my own conclusion.

Now, we all know that Morales has been training up in the Otomi mountains for this upcoming fight. He has practically lived at this high altitude. I will repost the 1st and 2nd paragraph of this article from "http://www.pponline.co.uk/encyc/0239.htm" to prove a point. Heikki K. Rusko, Ph.D wrote:

"As we've reported many times in PEAK PERFORMANCE, living at altitude is great for the endurance athlete. Moderate to high-altitude living increases red-blood-cell concentrations, allowing more oxygen to reach the muscles during exercise, and also hikes the levels of an important chemical called 2.3-DPG, which helps 'release' oxygen from red blood cells to the muscles during intense exercise.

The problem with altitude, though, is that training there stinks. By limiting the amount of oxygen that can reach the muscles, altitude lowers average workout quality. Most athletes carry out both their continuous and interval workouts about 5-10 per cent less intensely at altitude, compared to sea level (here intensity is defined as speed of movement, not percentage of max heart rate). Interestingly, recent research suggests that altitude's slowing effects may begin to show up at elevations of only 2000 feet or so, far below the 4000-5000 feet mark which has usually been linked with downgraded performances. Training more slowly is hardly the way to become a better performer."

Tadaah! :idea:

Observation #1: It has been written in two separate articles the speed at which Pac & Erik run their respective routes. Erik runs 7 miles in about 70 minutes while Pac runs 6 miles in 37 minutes. I know about the altitude factor but common, the discrepancy is too large. Morales runs 1 mile more but yet finishes 33 minutes later...hmmm. And Pacquiao isn't exaclty running strictly on flatland either. The hills in Hollywood reaches probably up to 2,000 feet above sea level. Now that article above gets a little more clearer.

Observation #2: Erik has been dubbed a slow starter. Now we know why. It's due to his high altitude training. It takes him awhile to get acclimated on sea level, especially his handspeed and footwork. Remember the Barrera fight when he said afterwards that his body couldn't react like he wanted to in the earlier rounds...point proven.

Observation #3: Pac speed is already superior in the first place, so imagine his advantage come fight night.

Observation #4: Sure, Marquez dominated the later rounds, but what happened to him again in the 1st round...slow start anyone? And how does Marquez train again...if I'm not mistaken...high altitude!

Conclusion: Based on the article and my factual observations, an athlete's performance can deteriorate by training at high altitudes. It may be great for long distance runners for stamina but handspeed and quick footwork are key in boxing. Manny on the other hand is training at a perfect setting. He runs at high altitudes for stamina, then hones his skills at sea level where he can achieve maximum speed. I don't have the credibility to tell Coach Roach, but I think he should instruct Pac to go for the kill from the opening bell. Don't wait for Erik to adjust in the later rounds like what he did with Barrera, and what Marquez did against Pacquiao. Coach mentioned to do this earlier, but now he is saying that Pac will pick his spots to attack. My first prediction was Pac by KO in the late rounds, but now if Pac goes for the jugular early, this could be an early night folks.

Ang galing bro!!!! Pwede ka bang pumalit sa mga anchorman ng RPN 9? parang mas maganda kang mag disect ng mga informations leading to a good conclusion. Althogh hindi masasabi na 100% true pero maganda talaga observations mo... Nice one ot there!!!!

Post subject: ok yan pre
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:34 am 
Welterweight

galing mo dude, ung mga kinakabahan diyan basahin niyo pare at wag ng magiinom ng kape ha..ha..ha..ha.. slamat pare sa info.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:09 am 
Flyweight

At least with this kind of information some of our PACFANS will be calm. Manny will prevail in any round. :smoke:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:28 am 
Welterweight

hp wrote:

I know there shouldn't be any excuses, but Roach has attested that manny had a fractured left hand after round 2 during the JMM fight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:31 am 
Heavyweight

jesguerra wrote:
hp wrote:

I know there shouldn't be any excuses, but Roach has attested that manny had a fractured left hand after round 2 during the JMM fight.

Manny sprained his left hand. I don't think he fractured it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:34 am 
Lightweight

Meron din ako na re-recall na reporter ng Inquirer dati na binuking ung Philippine Little Leaguers sa US na na nalo ng World Little League Championship. Over aged daw. I recall he was awarded the "Key of the City' sa US. Asar na asar Dad ko, boniycott ang Inquirer. Kaya ko siguro hindi kilala tong si Recah.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:49 am 
Middleweight

Intelligent discussion! Kudos to all of you especially to Jess for starting such profitable calisthenics. I know a lot more of members and lurkers here are not just ordinary rah-rah type of Pacfans. Keep them coming Brods!

BTW, what could had been the cause of the sprained hand? We know that foot blisters were caused by cheap socks (sucks). Could sprained hand have come from overtraining? or from lack of consistent disciplined training even outside of preparation camps for a scheduled bout and not just cram to be in shape?

Just curious. Jess, how are you related to the journalist with a similar-sounding name?

Nice one! Peace.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:02 am 
Lightweight

nice post we need more intelligent posts like this.. kudos to you pare..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:19 am 
Cruiserweight

YOU SHOULD BE A WRITER BRO. OR MAKE A BOOK ABOUT OUR IDOL. FOR SURE BIBILI AKO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:51 am 
Heavyweight

YOU KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO MORALES IF THESE LEFTS ARE FROM THE PACMAN.
and another one..Image
MORALES' NUMBER ONE WEAKNESS IS HIS EASILY SWELLING FACE. NO WAY IT CAN WITHSTAND PACMAN'S KILLER LEFT.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next