Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:28 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:55 pm 
Welterweight

I don't think you base your gameplan on how you expect deficiencies in your opponents training. You should always come to fight expecting the best out of your opponent. Therefore, Team Pac should not expect Morales to start slow. They should expect Morales to be in top, 100% starting round 1. that said, Team Pac should still put the pressure on starting round 1, mainly because they have a tactical advantage (speed, power), not because they expect Morales to start slow.

Theories about training can only get you so far. In the end, the athlete makes a decision as he evaluates his performance. Morales has done this training all his life, in low altitude and in high altitude. He knows his body better that any "expert". He would know if training a certain way makes him slower, stronger, faster, etc...

You can't attribute only Morales' training for his slow start. There are a lot of other possible reasons why he started slow. Maybe he LIKES to start slow, checking the opponents movements, testing this move here and there, getting in the grove, so to speak.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:58 pm 
Light Heavyweight

thanks bro...helps me sleep easier...god bless manny come fight night

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:58 pm 
Welterweight

jbong wrote:
I don't think you base your gameplan on how you expect deficiencies in your opponents training. You should always come to fight expecting the best out of your opponent. Therefore, Team Pac should not expect Morales to start slow. They should expect Morales to be in top, 100% starting round 1. that said, Team Pac should still put the pressure on starting round 1, mainly because they have a tactical advantage (speed, power), not because they expect Morales to start slow.

Theories about training can only get you so far. In the end, the athlete makes a decision as he evaluates his performance. Morales has done this training all his life, in low altitude and in high altitude. He knows his body better that any "expert". He would know if training a certain way makes him slower, stronger, faster, etc...

You can't attribute only Morales' training for his slow start. There are a lot of other possible reasons why he started slow. Maybe he LIKES to start slow, checking the opponents movements, testing this move here and there, getting in the grove, so to speak.

Your opinion is as valid as mine! Good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:04 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Great post!! :bounce:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:15 pm 
Welterweight

brilliant! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:24 pm 
Light Heavyweight

a star to both of you.

Post subject: Hyped up Erik
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:24 pm 
Flyweight

Whats all the smother on Erik Morales. Roach got his easliy figured out. Ask this question, is Erik really a good boxer or say counter-puncher in any sense. He is a great brawler but in now way a match in boxing skills against JMM. Manny will simply be overwhelming in giving Erik a sound beating. We may get disappointed with a hyped up Erik. Opinions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:25 pm 
Lightweight

very good post, that's what I call a " Quality Post " :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:25 pm 
Light Heavyweight

there's always the lucky punch. so mp should be aware all the time. no time for play come fight time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:32 pm 
nice post.....sana magkatotoo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:33 pm 
Featherweight

nice analysis Bro.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:40 pm 
Welterweight

very well studied opinion on your part bro. nice post...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:46 pm 
Welterweight

ang galing naman ng analysis mo bro, lalo tuloy akong naeexcite sa march 19 :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:50 pm 
Welterweight

jbong wrote:

You have a point. You drove a balanced analysis. below is my own weakness

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:46 pm 
Featherweight

Thanks for the analysis great pare...

kaso medyo nabobo na ata ako sa kakabasa sa mga post ni Aeta kaya 2 to 3 times ko binasa yung post mo bago ko maintindihan lahat... :oops:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next