Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:57 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:41 am 
Lightweight

GUYS JUST TO VERIFY AND CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG!
I DO REMEMBER THE PACMAN VS MORALES 1 ONE DAY BEFORE THE FIGHT.
MEDICAL WAS CONDUCTED INCLUDING BLOOD TEST IN WHICH I THINK IT AFFECTED PACMAN STRENGTH AND WAS NOT ABLE TO KNOCKDOWN MORALES FOR THE WHOLE 12 ROUND.

HE FOUGHT MARQUEZ 1ST THEN MORALES BUT I JUST WONDER PACMAN WAS SO STRONG AT THAT TIME AND IT WAS GIVE AND TAKE ON BOTH OF THEM!

I DID FELT AT THAT TIME IT WAS ONE OF THE REASON WHY PACMAN NEVER ABLE TO KNOCKDOWN MORALES..

WHAT DO YOU THINK GUYS?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:55 am 
Cruiserweight

It was the gloves, the cut , Manny's balance, Team Pacquiao's execution of their tactic, and Manny's inability then to fight going backwards.

All has been fixed though.

BUT it was the greatest lost of his career because Master Roach redesigned Manny

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:05 am 
Cruiserweight

Yes, there was an UNPLANNED blood test right before the fight. Another one of Murad Muhammad's stunts to ensure that Pacman will not be at his optimum best. The other main stunt was agreeing to using the Everlast gloves and not informing Roach and Manny until it was too late. He succeeded. :( :shock:

I remember meeting Manny on Friday night, after the weigh-in as he was trying to rehydrate at the buffet resto inside MGM Grand. I shook his hand, and remember thinking that he looked like he's soft, or malambot. He was definitely matamlay then.

Up to that fight, Pac was not given the hotel suite due him. Murad would use the suite for himself, and Manny would bunk in with the rest of Team Pacquiao in a regular hotel room.

Times have changed for Manny.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:24 am 
Light Heavyweight

Yes, they did.

Though it's not the main reason for losing, taking blood, however little, is not good at this level of the game.

They complain that bloody noses and cuts hinder a fighter not only because of breathing and vision but the actual blood loss means less volume to transport oxygen and nutrients.

Taking blood that close to a fight is not ideal.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:24 am 
Middleweight

flipgolfer wrote:
Yes, there was an UNPLANNED blood test right before the fight. Another one of Murad Muhammad's stunts to ensure that Pacman will not be at his optimum best. The other main stunt was agreeing to using the Everlast gloves and not informing Roach and Manny until it was too late. He succeeded. :( :shock:

I remember meeting Manny on Friday night, after the weigh-in as he was trying to rehydrate at the buffet resto inside MGM Grand. I shook his hand, and remember thinking that he looked like he's soft, or malambot. He was definitely matamlay then.

Up to that fight, Pac was not given the hotel suite due him. Murad would use the suite for himself, and Manny would bunk in with the rest of Team Pacquiao in a regular hotel room.

Times have changed for Manny.

Winning Gloves was used in that fight..not Everlast.. 8)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:08 am 
Heavyweight

i agree that blood test if required should be done at least 2 weeks before the fight. that is of course to prevent any controversies and accusations from each other's camp.

the theory that it would weaken the fighter however is wrong. it's just 5 to 10 ml of blood. the same amount taken when we are subjected for CBC and blood chemistry. and most of us can function normally and even play basketball or any sport after that. to think were not even athletes who could not have been more physically fit than manny.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:26 am 

Location: Lupang Hinirang - Perlas ng Silanganan - Bayan ni Pacman
dencioPT101 wrote:
i agree that blood test if required should be done at least 2 weeks before the fight. that is of course to prevent any controversies and accusations from each other's camp.

the theory that it would weaken the fighter however is wrong. it's just 5 to 10 ml of blood. the same amount taken when we are subjected for CBC and blood chemistry. and most of us can function normally and even play basketball or any sport after that. to think were not even athletes who could not have been more physically fit than manny.

Maybe what the TS had in mind is when we donate blood.. When we have to fill those huge plastic bags with our red liquid. I dont know how many ml or oz that bag is, but it sure looks plenty. I felt dizzy and weak after donating a bag of blood.

Manny by SD. Floyd will be KD twice.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:32 am 
Cruiserweight

We can say a lot of things about that fight. What amazed me is that Pacquiao lost only by 115-113. It was a close fight with Erik getting 7 out of 12 rounds, and yet, they were saying that Erik laid down the blueprint in beating Pacquiao. Manny had the opportunity to adjust his game (which he did and the rest is history). That it Manny Pacquiao for you - filling holes in his game every training camp.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:07 pm 
Cruiserweight

randygem2007 wrote:
GUYS JUST TO VERIFY AND CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG!
I DO REMEMBER THE PACMAN VS MORALES 1 ONE DAY BEFORE THE FIGHT.
MEDICAL WAS CONDUCTED INCLUDING BLOOD TEST IN WHICH I THINK IT AFFECTED PACMAN STRENGTH AND WAS NOT ABLE TO KNOCKDOWN MORALES FOR THE WHOLE 12 ROUND.

HE FOUGHT MARQUEZ 1ST THEN MORALES BUT I JUST WONDER PACMAN WAS SO STRONG AT THAT TIME AND IT WAS GIVE AND TAKE ON BOTH OF THEM!

I DID FELT AT THAT TIME IT WAS ONE OF THE REASON WHY PACMAN NEVER ABLE TO KNOCKDOWN MORALES..

WHAT DO YOU THINK GUYS?

That's why he doesn't look so happy when he made his entrance into the ring... That's one of the best gauge if Manny is to win the fight. His happy countenance in his entrance.
Mukhang pilit ang ngiti at madalas nakasimangot pagpasok sa Morales 1.
He really was unhappy about a lot of things regarding this fight. This is when he broke away from Murad Muhammad afterward.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:14 pm 
Heavyweight

If Manny can be distracted by all those things mentioned above by posters, then what can defeat him is obviously "mind games."

If he is not protected by his team regarding this, I'm sure it will affect his disposition on fight night!

Mental preparation is undoubtedly very important in all sports!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:30 pm 
Middleweight

Nikki sixX wrote:
dencioPT101 wrote:

Maybe what the TS had in mind is when we donate blood.. When we have to fill those huge plastic bags with our red liquid. I dont know how many ml or oz that bag is, but it sure looks plenty. I felt dizzy and weak after donating a bag of blood.

That's approximately 380-420 ml of blood because 1 bag is 450 ml with anticoag inside.. It would never weakened MP if its just 10 mL..

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:35 pm 
Middleweight

round 5 made the difference in this fight. this is because of the ref's(Joe Cortez) error ruling out the cut was cause by a punch. Clearly Manny is winning the round but because of this cut the judges (at least 2) gave the round to morales...base on puch stat Manny connected more in this round and if it was scored correctly the fight should have been a "DRAW" at least.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:00 pm 
Flyweight

and don't forget he didn't wear darlington that day.. :banghead:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:29 pm 
Lightweight

dencioPT101 wrote:

I do agree with you guys it's small amount but maybe it depend on the individual effect!
I mean for my case as a seaman I was regularly blood tests 3-5 a year but every time I got the test it took two days for me to get back to normal. It probably mind set on my part or psycho effect.

Thats why i asked this question because I feel weak everytime i do a blood test!
Just to be honest I was angry bfore the fight Pacman vs Morales 1 why did they conduct blood test one day bfore the fight!

I guess ur right it wont have psycho effect on pacman!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:33 pm 
Lightweight

If Manny can be distracted by all those things mentioned above by posters, then what can defeat him is obviously "mind games."

If he is not protected by his team regarding this, I'm sure it will affect his disposition on fight night!

Mental preparation is undoubtedly very important in all sports!

I also agree with you it's " Mind Games "