Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:35 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:18 pm 
Cruiserweight

the biggest factor why pacman lost that fight is that pacman got cut in the 5th round and then after he couldn't see during the whole fight

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:26 pm 
Light Heavyweight

dencioPT101 wrote:
i agree that blood test if required should be done at least 2 weeks before the fight. that is of course to prevent any controversies and accusations from each other's camp.

the theory that it would weaken the fighter however is wrong. it's just 5 to 10 ml of blood. the same amount taken when we are subjected for CBC and blood chemistry. and most of us can function normally and even play basketball or any sport after that. to think were not even athletes who could not have been more physically fit than manny.

True, its not a lot of blood and boxing is anaerobic, so the primary fuel source is brought about by muscle glycogen. The problem I have is that of "optimal blood volume."

The human body strives for homeostasis, nothing, not even a little blood should be taken from a fighter, within a week of a fight. Two weeks, no problem.

And like many others said, the cut and lack of a more refined boxing game is what caused the loss, not the blood samples. But again, boxers love routines, routines should always be strived for and Olympic style testing is just another thing that Manny shouldn't have had to do if it wasn't for their big mouths.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:43 pm 
Light Heavyweight

rldabomb wrote:
the biggest factor why pacman lost that fight is that pacman got cut in the 5th round and then after he couldn't see during the whole fight

Ref. Joe Cortez says the cut came from a punch & not from a headbutt :oops: pacman is fighting w/ 1 eye start of rd.5 i think this is one of the reason why he lost :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:45 pm 
Cruiserweight

Tatay wrote:
It was the gloves, the cut , Manny's balance, Team Pacquiao's execution of their tactic, and Manny's inability then to fight going backwards.

All has been fixed though.

BUT it was the greatest lost of his career because Master Roach redesigned Manny

And don't forget this Bitch (Murad) :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:45 pm 
Light Heavyweight

reason reason reason...

anyway you can think of that too after the may jr vs pac fight....

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:54 pm 
Middleweight

fuego wrote:
reason reason reason...

anyway you can think of that too after the may jr vs pac fight....

i think the appropriate word is EXCUSE... :hat: :bounce1:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:55 pm 
Heavyweight

randygem2007 wrote:
GUYS JUST TO VERIFY AND CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG!
I DO REMEMBER THE PACMAN VS MORALES 1 ONE DAY BEFORE THE FIGHT.
MEDICAL WAS CONDUCTED INCLUDING BLOOD TEST IN WHICH I THINK IT AFFECTED PACMAN STRENGTH AND WAS NOT ABLE TO KNOCKDOWN MORALES FOR THE WHOLE 12 ROUND.

HE FOUGHT MARQUEZ 1ST THEN MORALES BUT I JUST WONDER PACMAN WAS SO STRONG AT THAT TIME AND IT WAS GIVE AND TAKE ON BOTH OF THEM!

I DID FELT AT THAT TIME IT WAS ONE OF THE REASON WHY PACMAN NEVER ABLE TO KNOCKDOWN MORALES..

WHAT DO YOU THINK GUYS?
If PAc was so strong then he could have kayoed Jmm, yet Pac was schooled.

Basta sexy libre, basta tambok doble.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:02 pm 
Welterweight

The lost is actually beneficial for Manny. The trilogy happened due to his first loss since turning to Super-feather. There were some excuses made but our idol did accept his defeat.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:27 pm 
Cruiserweight

ASONG KALYE wrote:
randygem2007 wrote:
GUYS JUST TO VERIFY AND CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG!
I DO REMEMBER THE PACMAN VS MORALES 1 ONE DAY BEFORE THE FIGHT.
MEDICAL WAS CONDUCTED INCLUDING BLOOD TEST IN WHICH I THINK IT AFFECTED PACMAN STRENGTH AND WAS NOT ABLE TO KNOCKDOWN MORALES FOR THE WHOLE 12 ROUND.

HE FOUGHT MARQUEZ 1ST THEN MORALES BUT I JUST WONDER PACMAN WAS SO STRONG AT THAT TIME AND IT WAS GIVE AND TAKE ON BOTH OF THEM!

I DID FELT AT THAT TIME IT WAS ONE OF THE REASON WHY PACMAN NEVER ABLE TO KNOCKDOWN MORALES..

WHAT DO YOU THINK GUYS?
If PAc was so strong then he could have kayoed Jmm, yet Pac was schooled.

:snoring:

DL-629 NGO to MNL time of departure 2050, june 30 2011.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:33 am 
Cruiserweight

tigas lambot wrote:
The lost is actually beneficial for Manny. The trilogy happened due to his first loss since turning to Super-feather. There were some excuses made but our idol did accept his defeat.

Yup, he accepted the defeat, and has since improved tremendously.

If you rewatch the fight, you'll notice that Manny was kind of dazed and confused for a couple of rounds after the cut happened in the 5th. Morales won the 6/7th rounds, with Pac able to come back strong in the latter rounds, and nearly knocked out Morales in the 12th. I strongly believed then that Pac would have been able to get at least one of the 6-7th rounds from EM, and who knows what would have happened.

No excuses, EM won the first, but Pac obviously became a much better fighter in the ensuing years. I knew he was a special fighter even then, but never in my wildest dreams did I think that he'll eventually evolve into a top10 GOAT...........and who knows where he'll end up.

Yes, Fuegs/El Critico/others, Manny has a chance of being the GOAT. :) :D :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:36 am 
Cruiserweight

jojo catam wrote:
flipgolfer wrote:
Yes, there was an UNPLANNED blood test right before the fight. Another one of Murad Muhammad's stunts to ensure that Pacman will not be at his optimum best. The other main stunt was agreeing to using the Everlast gloves and not informing Roach and Manny until it was too late. He succeeded. :( :shock:

I remember meeting Manny on Friday night, after the weigh-in as he was trying to rehydrate at the buffet resto inside MGM Grand. I shook his hand, and remember thinking that he looked like he's soft, or malambot. He was definitely matamlay then.

Up to that fight, Pac was not given the hotel suite due him. Murad would use the suite for himself, and Manny would bunk in with the rest of Team Pacquiao in a regular hotel room.

Times have changed for Manny.

Winning Gloves was used in that fight..not Everlast.. 8)

You're right, thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:44 am 
Featherweight

they forgot to bring socks, so they buy in malls but theres no thick socks so they buy 2 pair so they use it double but its not enough because after a couple of rounds his socks is already has a whole because of keep rubbing of the leather against the no quaity socks and begin irritated his feet. you kind a feel like a uncomfortable his not able to fight his game plan because his feet is irritated, as you see that one feet really bother pacquiao i saw it in the video with the interview with chito trinidad is giving a moral support despite of loss, they show the blistering feet of manny pacquiao, you will see the painful because you peel off your own skin ouch, manny is not crying manny is crying because he loss, he said that he gave everything to win i think this is the fight where his mouth piece got eject just spit out with the blow because his not in good shape, then next fight pacquiao won then he pacquiao make a commercial about socks together with his brother,