Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:39 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:20 pm 
Light Heavyweight

i think that (with PAC) murad is able to "gamble" a little bit..! PAC isn't the only one who needs this fight - EM needs it too, since he can't beat MAB convincingly..!
yeah, this "glove-gate" issue could be a "very little" problem, but my take on this one is: as long as my boy wants other gloves i'll try to push it through..! PAC is a slugger - like it or not... and if cleto reyes gloves are the ones he preferres, then be it!!! :x murad could have at least TRIED..!

remember: EM is one tough SOB... if OUR boy loses just because he couldn't (really - and i mean REALLY) hurt EM, then i'll go bananas..! i mean: hitting someone with more pads than needed for 12 rounds and not being able to hurt him because of that could cost PAC his victory... imagine him beating EM with his preferred brand and actualy HURTING him to the extent that he could get a TKO..! after all: a TKO is a KO - technically ;)

murad shouldn't have signed such a contract..! it only shows that he's milking PAC..! :smoke:
about freddie roach: he's the best thing that happened to PAC eversince he went to the US..! :smoke:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:32 pm 
Welterweight

OOOpsssss, 2M pesos nagastos ni PACMAN sa invited guests nya!!!! grabe pagka galante ni IDOL!!!!

pero teka, that is according to Recah Trinidad...IS he invited by PAcman???? If not, i wont be surprised na lalong mag maktol itong si Lolo at kung ano-anong negative write ups ang ilalabas nya against PACMAN..

ano sa palagay nyo mga tsong???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:51 pm 
Middleweight

PACs best chance of winning is to hurt EM early and win by KO.
EMs best chance of winning is to box from a distance and win by decision.
Therfore Winning gloves definitely works in EMs favor while Reyes gloves works for PAC.

If Murad did not know about this then he is a poor manager. If he knew about it then he should have gotten approval from PAC and Roach before signing the contract.

Any way you look at it...Murad looks bad. Should Manny loose the fight on a 12 round decision...I would pelt Murad with over ripe tomatoes and rotten eggs if he should show his face here in Manila.

Post subject: Boxing Glove Issue
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:32 pm 
Strawweight

By tomorrow we will know the outcome of final gloves which will be used by both fighters. They will have a meeting on this matter.

I like Pacquiao to wear his favorite brand, Cleto Reyes. But in case they are required to use "Winning" brand, then it might still be a blessing for Pacquao... so that there won't be another incident of injuring his hands like in the Marquez fight.

Think of it this way, if I strike you with a baseball bat with an attached glove at the tip, either a Reyes or Winning brand, you will still end up with a shattered skull. That's what will probably happen to Erik's head. Ahihihihihihi.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:50 pm 
Welterweight

err d ko gets? bat si winchell campos ang tinira ni murad muhammad? sa pagkakatanda ko quoted lang naman yung report ni campos dba? yung 'murad sold us out' na phrase galing kay roach tapos si campos lang ang nagbalita... bat nde si freddie roach ang giyerahin ni murad? bat yung nagbalita ang tinitira niya? ok ah... mukhang urong ang maitim at balbuning itlog ni murad kay roach.. hehe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:31 am 
Heavyweight

8)