Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:49 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:08 pm 
Lightweight

I believe that having another rematch with Morales would in effect have the same result with pac losing again. His boxing skills is just not up to par. Its not the weight nor the power. Its pac defense thats poor. He was tagged several times by Morales. Solid punch at that. Morales on the other was clean. His face was blemish free. All future opponents have learned one thing from this fight. Avoid pacs left and just box him at a distance. Its as simple as that! Maybe pac doesnt have what it takes to belong to that league. Skill-wise Marquez and Morales are just way ahead of Pacquiao.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:15 pm 
Heavyweight

No bro. I will not agree with you on this one. Manny is still young. He's only 26 and at his age and talent theres still a lot of room for improvement. Manny should learn to adapt. Adaptability is the key. I think Roach should develop Manny on that area. Gagaling pa yan kesa sa dati, itaga mo sa bato.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:15 pm 
Light Heavyweight

I don't think so bro. I think the blood flowing to his eyes from the cut he suffered really bothered him BIG TIME! I just so happen that Ref Joe Cortez didn't catch it.. I really distracted his eyesight..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:19 pm 
Cruiserweight

maybe we should remember that manny has lost to MORALES... a legendary mexican boxer who has never been knocked down!

from my view, eric won cinvincingly on this one. but this is manny's first step to 130 lbs, he can only be better the next time around. true enough, eric looked good in this but pac didn't look bad either. he took hard punches from good angles from no less than EL TERIBLE, yet he stood up to the end. had he had enough energy in the 12 round, it could have been different. (did you guys notice how wobbly eric was? i thought manny had a chance on that one)

and you are right, future opponents should just avoid his left... and that's what they've been doing, putting team pac in a position to put more variety in his fighting style.

manny not belonging in this league is highly questionable. he is 1-1-1 against the greats of mexico.

Last edited by oNtHiScOrNeR on Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:20 pm 
Light Heavyweight

all i can say is REMATCH WILL BE THE GOOD IDEA".
congratz to Morales for being the last Mexican Standing.
Not with Cleito Reyes Gloves.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:23 pm 
Bantamweight

the fight is very situational...pacman had a nasty cut.... but if it didnt happend wat might be the outcome? the fight is too close to tell EM made the bigger punch but Pacman had the volume of punches...... its very close and a PART 2 is really possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:26 pm 
Heavyweight

Eric just did his homework. He really avoided MP's left. I hope Manny brings more weapon and artillery in his next fights. I believe he will improve as a boxer. He's a born fighter and not a quitter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:26 pm 
Lightweight

Immediate rematch with EM would produce the same result. Manny at 26 can still improve but not immediately. He has to develop his defense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:29 pm 
Featherweight

all i can say is REMATCH WILL BE THE GOOD IDEA". ->> after a good fights in other boxers (para more experience). kasi kung I rerematch kagad. I think it would be a 'career suicide' for manny.

Tama ung sabi ni roach dati. dapat d muna nila pinasabak si manny ke morales. dapat dumaan muna c manny kina tapia, ayala.. etc.. E itong c murad pera lang ang iniisip kaya sinabak kagad. btw kanina wala c murad nun ni iinterview c manny ni trinidad. (baka nagpunta sa kabilang kampo, nakiki celebrate.)

:stump:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:31 pm 
Cruiserweight

Uganda wrote:
I believe that having another rematch with Morales would in effect have the same result with pac losing again. His boxing skills is just not up to par. Its not the weight nor the power. Its pac defense thats poor. He was tagged several times by Morales. Solid punch at that. Morales on the other was clean. His face was blemish free. All future opponents have learned one thing from this fight. Avoid pacs left and just box him at a distance. Its as simple as that! Maybe pac doesnt have what it takes to belong to that league. Skill-wise Marquez and Morales are just way ahead of Pacquiao.
The fact is Morales won this fight, now to say that a rematch would have the same result.......now that's an opinion. By the way, I consider everybody in the crew of commentators to be better than you in analyzing fights, and thay were praising Pacman all night!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:33 pm 
Heavyweight

Manny needs to forget about Morales for now.
He needs a fight at 126 against a tall contender.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:35 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Erik proved to be the better man in the just concluded fight. To say that a rematch would be the same result may find a place in reasons. Let us wait for the Pacman to share his view along with F Roach.
It is very clear that the night belongs to Erik. However, saying that Pacman will not have anyday with Erik is too much.
I am still for the Pacman, anytime.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:36 pm 
Heavyweight

Quote:

Originally posted by hands_of_stone:quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Uganda:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The fact is Morales won this fight, now to say that a rematch would have the same result.......now that's an opinion. By the way, I consider everybody in the crew of commentators to be better than you in analyzing fights, and thay were praising Pacman all night!

Yeah I admire the commentattors for being neutral. They comment on the fight unbiasly. I love the crowd too. Mukahang hating hati. Daming Pinoy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:40 pm 
Bantamweight

Eric beats Manny by unanimous decision,
Barrera beats Eric by unanimous decision too,
Manny beats Barrera by a KO.
NOt too bad for us. :beer:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:46 pm 
Bantamweight

Manny cant beat Morales his too small. Let randy suico handle Morales his alot bigger but that jap manager is holding him down!!

:D