Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:41 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:54 pm 
Light Heavyweight

kiko.paolo wrote:
all i can say is REMATCH WILL BE THE GOOD IDEA". ->> after a good fights in other boxers (para more experience). kasi kung I rerematch kagad. I think it would be a 'career suicide' for manny.

Tama ung sabi ni roach dati. dapat d muna nila pinasabak si manny ke morales. dapat dumaan muna c manny kina tapia, ayala.. etc.. E itong c murad pera lang ang iniisip kaya sinabak kagad. btw kanina wala c murad nun ni iinterview c manny ni trinidad. (baka nagpunta sa kabilang kampo, nakiki celebrate.)

:stump:

Im not saying that for an immediate..but it takes time.Just to fix something...I think Clieto Reyes Gloves would makes the difference.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:00 pm 
Lightweight

Hey guy! I think you're wrong. As we all know, from round one to round four, the fight was very close. Manny can't concentrate on the fifth round and in the later rounds, because of the headbutt inflicted by Morales in the fifth round. Morales won only by two rounds, 115-113. I don't think Pacquiao was badly beaten. I didn't see the real Pacquiao fighting on the ring, as I usually watch Pacquiao fought for almost ten years. He punched blindly and lost his speed, due to the cut on his left eye.

If you think a rematch would yield the same result, it's just tantamount of saying that a headbutt will happen again. And Pacquiao punches again to wrong directions. Better luck next time Manny! You're still the best fighter in the world.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:26 pm 
Middleweight

Someone mentioned ADAPTABILITY. I think this is one thing he should really develop as he goes on. Manny mentioned that he fought "bahala na" style when he got cut. I think if there is some thing that needs to be retooled in Manny, in addition to adaptability, is its his mental toughness, meaning , he shouldn't allow himself to be distracted when he gets cut. Its not bad to have Plan B if Plan A don't go as planned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:34 pm 
Welterweight

yes he should develop adaptability. thats one skill he lacks. and to answer the subject of this thread- a BIG NO. a rematch is a different thing. as was said by some our comrades here, the real pacquiao, the quick, fast paced, power-punching machine was not there. he was a differnt fighter today. a rematch would be interesting how manny's camp can make the necessary adjustments to beat and domnate eric. id still pick manny to win in an even more spectacular fashion taht eric did in their fight

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:46 pm 
Heavyweight

You could also notice that Pac was deeply troubled when he got the cut on his eyebrow. Medyo nabawasan yata yung warrior spirit ni Manny. Wild guess ko lang- siguro tumabi si Manny kay jinkee kagabi. Nawala rin yung resistensiya. Kinulang sa hangin. Siguro full-tank kagabi si mrs. JOKE!!!! JOKE!!!! JOKE!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:54 pm 
Cruiserweight

Pure Blooded Pinoy wrote:
Manny cant beat Morales his too small. Let randy suico handle Morales his alot bigger but that jap manager is holding him down!!

:D

Suico is too unskilled for Morales bro...However, he can probably rock Morales with solid shots than Pacquiao could. Besides, Morales couldn't use his reach and height advantage against Suico.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:04 pm 
Bantamweight

i truly believe manny needs to stay at 126lb. to gain more experience......manny just dont have the speed at 130lb.he looked diff'rent (rematch w/marquez anyone?)

congrats to morales.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:59 pm 
Heavyweight

Uganda wrote:
I believe that having another rematch with Morales would in effect have the same result with pac losing again. His boxing skills is just not up to par. Its not the weight nor the power. Its pac defense thats poor. He was tagged several times by Morales. Solid punch at that. Morales on the other was clean. His face was blemish free. All future opponents have learned one thing from this fight. Avoid pacs left and just box him at a distance. Its as simple as that! Maybe pac doesnt have what it takes to belong to that league. Skill-wise Marquez and Morales are just way ahead of Pacquiao.

hayy asan na kaya ang hunghang na ts na to? :lol:

Tanong lang baklitang radeona, nasa WORLD CUP na ba yung mga fafa mo?

Ay eto pa, nasa ASIAN CUP na ba yung mga fafa mo?

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:07 pm 
Light Heavyweight

jolz wrote:
Uganda wrote:
I believe that having another rematch with Morales would in effect have the same result with pac losing again. His boxing skills is just not up to par. Its not the weight nor the power. Its pac defense thats poor. He was tagged several times by Morales. Solid punch at that. Morales on the other was clean. His face was blemish free. All future opponents have learned one thing from this fight. Avoid pacs left and just box him at a distance. Its as simple as that! Maybe pac doesnt have what it takes to belong to that league. Skill-wise Marquez and Morales are just way ahead of Pacquiao.

hayy asan na kaya ang hunghang na ts na to? :lol:

Mahilig ka pala sa hukay thread. :biglaugh:

trans: too old

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:20 am 
Featherweight

No brother,I will not agree with you on this one. Manny is still young.

cheap edhardy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:36 am 
Middleweight

manny was bothered by the blood flowing to his eyes and he was using pillow gloves thanks to murad.
pac will improve and will beat erik morales on their rematch im sure! my fearless forecast... pac wins by ko rd10!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:49 am 
Heavyweight

Uganda wrote:

pac doesn't have chance against cotto too. cotto is to big.

Basta sexy libre, basta tambok doble.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:04 am 
Cruiserweight

ASONG KALYE wrote:
Uganda wrote:

And don't even imagine pitting da Pacman with Oscar dela Hoya, one single lefthook of Oskee to the head will surely sent Pacman to the hospital or worst to the morgue. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:14 am 
Heavyweight

metapel wrote:
ASONG KALYE wrote:
Uganda wrote:

And don't even imagine pitting da Pacman with Oscar dela Hoya, one single lefthook of Oskee to the head will surely sent Pacman to the hospital or worst to the morgue. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And don't let manny run for congress against roy chiongbian, he'll lose too.

Basta sexy libre, basta tambok doble.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:28 am 
Light Heavyweight

Surely Pacquiao will win. Maybe he will win against Marquez in their rematch. He might win against David Diaz, dela Hoya, Hatton, or even Miguel Cotto. Hope Pacquiao will win these fights convincingly. Who knows, Pacquiao might become the pound-for-pound #1 fighter in the world someday or maybe he will become an all time great. Let's cross our fingers guys!