Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:35 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:58 am 

rod_argon wrote:
ERIC WAS LYING WHEN HE SAID HE'S NOT HURT

Right on Rod! what's up ma buddy?

Are you still in Tijuana, Mexico? buy me some sombrero
ma friend, please!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:06 pm 
Heavyweight

rod_argon wrote:
ERIC WAS LYING WHEN HE SAID HE'S NOT HURT

Yeah! what are those "bukol" for if he wasn't hurt at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:09 pm 
Middleweight

Totoy wrote:
Morales claimed that he was not hurt by Pacman coz he was not hit hard. He is such a ring savvy that he just flow with the hard punches of Pac. Well, that was a night for some good lessons to learn. But PAC will be back and with vengeance...

There you go.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:09 pm 
Light Heavyweight

guapeton wrote:
We all know by now that Erik Morales is not one to brag, so whatever comes out of his mouth must be true and taken seriously. This was what Morales said to the press after the fight:

"It was a pleasure to fight the way that I fought tonight," said the three-division world champion. "I believe that I was controlling the fight from beginning to end. Sometimes I think that I need to add a little flavor to the fights so I exchanged blows with him in the middle of the ring. My main goal was to make the fight difficult for him. Manny was very tough, very strong and very fast and I am very greatful that I won the fight tonight.

When was asked about the punching power of Pacquiao, Morales responded, "I wasn’t bothered by his punching power, I was able to exchange punches with him."

"He’s a great a fighter, he’s a very great fighter but honestly I wasn’t hurt by his punches."

BULLSHIT...the body punch in the first and he almost got knocked down in the 12.......BULLSHIT thats all i have tosay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:11 pm 
Bantamweight

llidolyndon wrote:
IF MORALES WAS NOT AFRAID OF MANNY'S PUNCHING POWER, WHY DID HE FOUGHT A TACTICAL WAR. HE DID NOT BRAWL, AND WHEN HE GOT CAUGHT, HE WOBBLED.

Agree. EM showed smart boxing. Not a brawl. If he did, it could have been a different ending. He was definitely hurt in some rounds. Good thing he was able to recover quickly.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:25 pm 
Middleweight

rexx wrote:
guapeton wrote:
We all know by now that Erik Morales is not one to brag, so whatever comes out of his mouth must be true and taken seriously. This was what Morales said to the press after the fight:

"It was a pleasure to fight the way that I fought tonight," said the three-division world champion. "I believe that I was controlling the fight from beginning to end. Sometimes I think that I need to add a little flavor to the fights so I exchanged blows with him in the middle of the ring. My main goal was to make the fight difficult for him. Manny was very tough, very strong and very fast and I am very greatful that I won the fight tonight.

When was asked about the punching power of Pacquiao, Morales responded, "I wasn’t bothered by his punching power, I was able to exchange punches with him."

"He’s a great a fighter, he’s a very great fighter but honestly I wasn’t hurt by his punches."

BULLSHIT...the body punch in the first and he almost got knocked down in the 12.......BULLSHIT thats all i have tosay

Morales won, so until Manny beats him, he can say whatever he wants to say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:57 pm 
Flyweight

BoxingGal88 wrote:
Needless to say, I was very disappointed. I was really rooting for Manny and watched the fight closely with a bunch of my Cuban and Puerto Rican friends here in Miami, Florida all cheering for the Pacman. The only edge that Morales probably have on his side is that he grew up in the mean streets of the notorious city of Tijuana, Mexico. I guess his entire being has become callused from all the violent street fighting. We, filipinos, don't have such a place in the Philippines. The only place I can think of that comes close to Tijuana is Tondo, but comparing the two, Tondo seems like Beverly Hills. Secondly, we don't play dirty to get ahead.

To Manny, my hat's off to you for fighting till the end with such honesty and integrity, I am soooooo proud of you. You really don't have to prove anything, just the fact that Morales lost to Barrera twice, the same guy you punished in 2003 is proof in itself that you are the true CHAMPION!!!

Nah, I disagree. When it comes to ghetto exposure, we Filipinos are superior. So it's not really because Tijuana has a more notorious atmosphere. Ive been there and it wasn't really a surprise. Here in California, I've seen and had my share of Latino-Asian wars and I must say we've been on top.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:02 pm 
Heavyweight

larry wrote:
oh yeah! is that why he almost go down in the 12 round... :banghead:

MORALES SAID HE JUST SLIPPED!!! THREE TIMES HE GOT TAGGED, HE SLIPPED!!!

:peace:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:02 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Not only the 12th round morales get wobbled i don't really sure what round when manny take a shot to the rib of Morales I think Morales was hurt by that shot coz after that he always cover and actually a good defence for Morales!!!! But for me that fight is one of the great fight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:09 pm 
Cruiserweight

Morales was never in range that's why. Erik did a good job staying either too far or too close for him to get hit by Manny's power punches. Manny is most effective when he hits the target at the end of his punch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:15 pm 
Lightweight

Enough, REMATCH is the answer!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:37 pm 
Welterweight

to manny's credit, he did had morales in trouble a few times in the fight... he did buckle erik's legs during the 9th and 12th rounds with left hand shots which found their mark... that's why after the fight when asked if manny's punches hurt him, erik answered that the ring floor was slippery...

those may have been the hardest punches erik ever felt in his career... but to this credit, his granite chin withstood it and he didn't go down... and rather than covering up when hurt, he unleashes his own bombs as a response like a true warrior... em is simply one tough hombre...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:37 pm 
Heavyweight

PAC-MAN wrote:
Enough, REMATCH is the answer!!!!

YES!!!

LET'S HOPE! LATE THIS YEAR OR EARLY NEXT, PLEASE!

:peace:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:12 pm 
Cruiserweight

now you guys are saying Morales is a liar when he says he wasn't really hurt by Pacquaio. I actually believe him. If he was really hurt, he would have went down. He never did and he was ahead enough on points to engage Manny southpaw. Manny tagged him in the 12th, but its not like Morales went down. It could be debated till the cows come home whether he was really hurt. There's a difference between being hurt and being in trouble. Morales imo was neither during the fight.

Have you guys ever thought that Manny might not have won round 12 had Erik not switched to Southpaw to please the fans. Because of that move, I actually like Erik even more than Manny!! Erik is a genuine bad ***. I loved it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:25 pm 
Welterweight

truth is, men take a lot of pride. erik will never say he got hurt. the only guy i knew who admitted getting hurt was a great champion named oscar larios when he fought nedal hussein. erik got hurt bad in the 12th, didn't y'all notice? he was getting the taste of the manila ice experiment. i watched the replay last night until 1am and studied it. erik switched to southpaw right? when he did, manny unleashed a lot of right hooks and it took its toll on erik! if manny didn't get cut, or, to put it simply, if he practiced harder, he would've knock erik out in the last round. so he claims that he never got hurt? watch the replay tonight and watch his legs.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next