Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:02 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: WHY I BELIEVE MANNY WON!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:47 am 
Featherweight

Ok, I've watched this fight over and over and I had Pacquiao ahead 115 to 113. At the least a draw. For one I think the judges probably had the fifth 10-8 for Morales because Joe Cortez said the cut was due to a punch, which we all know is incorrect. I'm telling you folks Manny Pacquiao won this fight, watch the fight again and again and score each round and see what you come up with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:54 am 
Heavyweight

i also did, watched over , 2x already.

the media expectation, that pacman, will devour EM, made the judges score it in a different perspective.

if you review the fight, minus the thought that pacman is superman.

i got it a draw.

pacman is still relentless on his attack, but only in the first stage of the attack, the first wave of combinations, then he backs up, and waited for EM's reaction, very unusual, sayang, manila ice na sana. medyo hindi sya nag pa follow up ngayon, ang daming mis cues, pag na review nila ang tape, sana maging point sa kanila, at ma accept nila na medyo mali, at may kulang.

peace out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:59 am 
Featherweight

If you look at the official scorcard they even wrote on the bottom that extra point deducted because the cut was caused by a punch!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:08 am 
Cruiserweight

rbm115 wrote:

the media expectation, that pacman, will devour EM, made the judges score it in a different perspective.

i got it a draw.

pacman is still relentless on his attack, but only in the first stage of the attack, the first wave of combinations, then he backs up, and waited for EM's reaction, very unusual, sayang, manila ice na sana. medyo hindi sya nag pa follow up ngayon, ang daming mis cues, pag na review nila ang tape, sana maging point sa kanila, at ma accept nila na medyo mali, at may kulang.

peace out.

isa nga yun sa mga ipinagtataka ko e. bakit? signature attack na ni manny yun e na once tinamaan niya, kukuyugin na niya.hindi ko naman masabi na intimidated siya sa suntok ni erik dahil kaya naman niya yung suntok e at natural kay manny yung ganung reaction na pag tinamaan niya, dire diretso.napapasalita na nga ako sa tv ng "follow up papa! follow up! pupugin mo na papa!" hehehe :biglaugh: tapos biglang hinto si manny sandali na parang pinarerecover si erik. highly unusual talaga.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:27 am 
Heavyweight

In my unbiased scorecard I actually had Morales up by one. It was very close. But I believe that in the rematch, as Pacquiao gets more comfortable with his new weight and when he's allowed to use Cletos, he'll give Morales a different fight.

By the way, good news for East Coast Pacfans, I was told Shelley Finkel is arranging a May fight in Atlantic City for Pacman, and then a September rematch with Morales. Don't ask me where I got this news or to produce a site. My wife just called me because her boss who is lawyer who says (I can't vouch for the truth or untruth of this) he's a personal friend of Shelley Finkel told her about it. So watch out for the news.

Although I cannot vouch for my wife's boss, I do not know him to be a liar or one to exagerate and on this issue, he has no reason to.

Post subject: HAHAHAHAHAHHA
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:34 am 
Featherweight

WATCH THE FIGHT WITHOUT ANY COMMENTATING AND THEN HAVE A SCORE.Morales won, no Doubt about it.

Post subject: Re: HAHAHAHAHAHHA
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:42 am 

elterrible wrote:
WATCH THE FIGHT WITHOUT ANY COMMENTATING AND THEN HAVE A SCORE.Morales won, no Doubt about it.

I did. It was a close fight. I had Manny winning but,
I could see how Morales won.

Tangnato! :toast:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:42 am 
Light Heavyweight

longkalog71 wrote:
rbm115 wrote:

i got it a draw.

peace out.

isa nga yun sa mga ipinagtataka ko e. bakit? signature attack na ni manny yun e na once tinamaan niya, kukuyugin na niya.hindi ko naman masabi na intimidated siya sa suntok ni erik dahil kaya naman niya yung suntok e at natural kay manny yung ganung reaction na pag tinamaan niya, dire diretso.napapasalita na nga ako sa tv ng "follow up papa! follow up! pupugin mo na papa!" hehehe :biglaugh: tapos biglang hinto si manny sandali na parang pinarerecover si erik. highly unusual talaga.

Tama ka bro. Kayang kaya naman niya si Morales pero ang napansin ko rin kulang lang siya sa follow-up hindi kagaya ng dati. Nawala yung Killer Instinct niya sa laban na yun!

Last edited by eliboy on Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:43 am 
Heavyweight

Terible won, 7-5 easily.
At the end of most rounds, I would rather be Morales.

Post subject: Re: HAHAHAHAHAHHA
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:43 am 
Heavyweight

elterrible wrote:

I had no commentator. I was watching from my seat at MGM Gran. I was pretty close to the action too, I might add.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:45 am 
Cruiserweight

BCngDC wrote:
In my unbiased scorecard I actually had Morales up by one. It was very close. But I believe that in the rematch, as Pacquiao gets more comfortable with his new weight and when he's allowed to use Cletos, he'll give Morales a different fight.

By the way, good news for East Coast Pacfans, I was told Shelley Finkel is arranging a May fight in Atlantic City for Pacman, and then a September rematch with Morales. Don't ask me where I got this news or to produce a site. My wife just called me because her boss who is lawyer who says (I can't vouch for the truth or untruth of this) he's a personal friend of Shelley Finkel told her about it. So watch out for the news.

Although I cannot vouch for my wife's boss, I do not know him to be a liar or one to exagerate and on this issue, he has no reason to.

thats good news bro..tnx for the info..hope the real pacman shows up this time..the rat-tat-tat attack

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:46 am 
Lightweight

Morales won. Watch it without commentary and FOCUS on Morales. Heck even Manny sarcastically laughed at the postfight interview with Merchant and said he tried his best. He couldn't have been more agressive, speed wouldn't have doen ****. he said it he tried his best. He was just beaten by the better fighter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:46 am 
Cruiserweight

Location: Under the blood red sky, a cloud gathered in Black and white
tisoy355 wrote:
If you look at the official scorcard they even wrote on the bottom that extra point deducted because the cut was caused by a punch!

tHAT REAlly would suck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:50 am 
Light Heavyweight

BCngDC wrote:

May bout? It's less than two months from now. Does Manny have enough time to rest in that span of time? Anyway, thanks for the info!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:08 am 
Heavyweight

BCngDC wrote:

Morales clearly won, lets move on, chalk it to experience.

BCNGDC, i hope your info is correct, i'd love to see him around here. let usl get our turn with pac, i was so envious with rbm, poggs and the rest of the gang. seriously though, i'd like to see him take it easy for a little bit, fight the likes of larios, etc. pac will be back.