Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:28 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:33 am 
Flyweight

honestly i believe this fight could have gone either way...it was very close if you look closely u see pacman landing many flurries but morales with harder punches...also pacman was running alot in the fight...i thought the match was either the score they had it or pacman by one....even lederman said it it could have gone either way..overall it was a great fight...pacquiao and morales fought a great fight...morales had the superior gameplan and pacquiao had the heart of a champion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:33 am 
Light Heavyweight

rexx wrote:
PACQUIAO WAS ROBBED.
I WATCHED THE FIGHT OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND IT WAS A DRAW OR
MAYBE PAC BY POINT.
AND TO ALL YOU SO CALLED PACFANATICS WHO THOUGHT MP LOST SHOULD BE SHAMED OF YOURSELF....YOU DISGUST ME

??? teka bro, ako fan ako ni pac pero i have the fight 115-113 to morales, is that disgusting? im not only a fan of pac but a fan of boxing itself, whats wrong kung i have morales winning the bout, as i see it, morales really won the fight.

i just happen to be fair lang and knows how to accept defeat, is that shameful???

:peace:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:59 am 
Cruiserweight

rbm115 wrote:
DobyZhee wrote:
whoever had Manny winning this fight is just plain retarded.

how about a draw?

I could see a draw if Pacquiao won a few more rounds or if he blackened 1 of Morales's eyes but salvaging a draw in Las Vegas in Top Rank territory is almost impossible. Manny and his handlers knew that he had to have a knockout to win this fight. Didn't happen.

Now let's say for example Pacman knocked Morales down in the 12th, would that have been enough to win? Hard to say, he was way behind on points imo. Judges scored it 115-113 all around...those scores were VERY generous

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:00 pm 
Light Heavyweight

PALtag wrote:
rexx wrote:
PACQUIAO WAS ROBBED.
MAYBE PAC BY POINT.
AND TO ALL YOU SO CALLED PACFANATICS WHO THOUGHT MP LOST SHOULD BE SHAMED OF YOURSELF....YOU DISGUST ME

??? teka bro, ako fan ako ni pac pero i have the fight 115-113 to morales, is that disgusting? im not only a fan of pac but a fan of boxing itself, whats wrong kung i have morales winning the bout, as i see it, morales really won the fight.

i just happen to be fair lang and knows how to accept defeat, is that shameful???

HOW CAN U HONESTLY SAY THAT MORALES WON THE FIGHT 115-113.. IS IT BECAUSE TOUR LEANING TOWARDS HOW THE JUDGES SCORED IT.
PEOPLE...THE JUDGES WERE BIASED TOWARDS MP..
HBO,LAMPLEY,JONES THEY ARE ALL BIAS.
FROM THE BEGINNING OF THE FIGHT, IT SEEMED THE ONLY FIGHTER THAT LAMPLEY WAS WATCHING WAS MORALES AND HE RARELY CALLED OUT ANY PUNCHES BY MP...
EVEN WHEN MP WAS SCORING, ALL YOU CAN HEAR IS MORALES THAT,MORALES THIS BLAH BLAH BLAH
THEY WERE TOTALLY BIASED TOWARD MP..
LEDDRMAN SCORED IT A DRAW AND HE IS RIGHT..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:03 pm 
Heavyweight

PALtag wrote:
rexx wrote:
PACQUIAO WAS ROBBED.
MAYBE PAC BY POINT.

yes... :biglaugh:

Geico.com even a Pac NUTHUGGER can do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:36 pm 
Heavyweight

I GO WITH THE SCORECARDS OF EACH OF THE THREE JUDGES.....I KNOW WHERE ALL FRUSTRATED OF THE OUTCOME, MORALES LANDED MOST NUMBER OF PUNCHES...THAT'S BECAUSE OF THE CUT...... MANNY WAS HANDICAPPED........MINALAS LANG NA CUT SI MANNY, IF NOT FOR IT MANNY COULD HAVE NEARLY KNOCKED MORALES COLD LIKE IN THE 12TH ROUND........ BUT WE HAVE TO MOVE ON......... WE SHOULD JUST WAIT FOR MANNNY'S NEXT FIGHT........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:40 pm 
Light Heavyweight

DobyZhee wrote:
rbm115 wrote:
DobyZhee wrote:
whoever had Manny winning this fight is just plain retarded.

how about a draw?

I could see a draw if Pacquiao won a few more rounds or if he blackened 1 of Morales's eyes but salvaging a draw in Las Vegas in Top Rank territory is almost impossible. Manny and his handlers knew that he had to have a knockout to win this fight. Didn't happen.

Now let's say for example Pacman knocked Morales down in the 12th, would that have been enough to win? Hard to say, he was way behind on points imo. Judges scored it 115-113 all around...those scores were VERY generous

if pac knocked down morales, it wont be enough to win the fight, it will be 114-113 for morales

Post subject: Re: HAHAHAHAHAHHA
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:52 pm 
Cruiserweight

elterrible wrote:
WATCH THE FIGHT WITHOUT ANY COMMENTATING AND THEN HAVE A SCORE.Morales won, no Doubt about it.

in all fairness, i was there, and i also agree, that morales did win on the cards. 115/113 i had it 115/114. but either way Erik got the Win. Although i am confident he wouldnt have lasted 12 rounds had he been hit with Cleto Reyes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:04 pm 
Heavyweight

PACWON

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:10 pm 
Heavyweight

PACWON-SEED.

WAS ALSO AT THE FIGHT, DID NOT LOOK LIKE MANNY, SUP WITH ALL THE RIGHT HOOKS? I NEVER EVEN SAW THE LEFT.

:heks:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:29 pm 
Bantamweight

Wag naman sana mangyari pero malakas kutob ko na matatalo "by decision" si Manny kapag nag rematch na sila ni Barrera and Marquez. Napag-aralan na nila si Manny pero sana mali ako and sana tumalino pa si Manny kapag nakikipaglaban pero di duwag kagaya ni Marquez. Kumbaga thinking fighter kagaya ni Morales nung laban nila. Matapang na, matalino pa.

Tsaka mas gusto ko yung style nila Morales and Marquez na kapag nasa training eh malayo sa fans and media (nasa bundok ika nga). Talagang focus na focus and walang distraction. Di kagaya ni Manny na dinadayo ng mga tao dahil nasa commercial na lugar yung Wild Card Gym ni Roach. Siyempre no choice si Manny dahil mahal niya ang "masa" and yun ang personality niya.

Tsaka ang hirap kasi dito sa Pilipinas masyadong nakikisawsaw lahat pag sikat ka. Imagine pagkatapos ng laban eh ininterview agad ni Chino Trinidad. Di man lang pinalipas kahit isang araw man lang. Di bale na sana kung nanalo eh. Tapos yung ABS-CBN walang tigil yung coverage dahil sa "KAMAO". Talagang over-exposed si Manny "bago at pagkatapos ng laban". Di natin masisisi dahil hospitable ang mga pinoy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:39 pm 
Light Heavyweight

rexx wrote:
PALtag wrote:
rexx wrote:
PACQUIAO WAS ROBBED.
MAYBE PAC BY POINT.

HOW CAN U HONESTLY SAY THAT MORALES WON THE FIGHT 115-113.. IS IT BECAUSE TOUR LEANING TOWARDS HOW THE JUDGES SCORED IT.
PEOPLE...THE JUDGES WERE BIASED TOWARDS MP..
HBO,LAMPLEY,JONES THEY ARE ALL BIAS.
FROM THE BEGINNING OF THE FIGHT, IT SEEMED THE ONLY FIGHTER THAT LAMPLEY WAS WATCHING WAS MORALES AND HE RARELY CALLED OUT ANY PUNCHES BY MP...
EVEN WHEN MP WAS SCORING, ALL YOU CAN HEAR IS MORALES THAT,MORALES THIS BLAH BLAH BLAH
THEY WERE TOTALLY BIASED TOWARD MP..
[[i]u]LEDDRMAN[/i][/u] SCORED IT A DRAW AND HE IS RIGHT..

correction...i meant larry merchant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:14 pm 
Bantamweight

My score (1st viewing):
MP W12 EM 115-114.

Breakdown:
MP vs EM
R01. 10-9
R02. 9-10
R03. 10-9
R04. 9-10
R05. 9-10
R06. 10-9
R07. 10-9
R08. 10-10
R09. 10-9
R10. 9-10
R11. 9-10
R12. 10-9
Total. 115-114

Some initial impressions:
Intelligent fight from EM, unusual performance from MP. There were a host of VERY close rounds (3, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11 in my view) some of which the judges probably gave to EM automatically. I admit EM looked good (overpowering) in STRETCHES of some of those rounds while MP just looked horrible (esp. when being pushed back), which can make lasting impressions. But a round is 3 MINUTES long--a fighter's performance is measured relative to its entirety. I maintain that MP did more than enough to win or even the scores in some of those rounds, however ugly/awkward he may have seemed.

But don't take my word for it, I'm no judge; I just try to appreciate. And yes, I'm a retard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:25 pm 
Middleweight

kryryn wrote:
Wag naman sana mangyari pero malakas kutob ko na matatalo "by decision" si Manny kapag nag rematch na sila ni Barrera and Marquez....

One big advantage of Morales over Manny is his reach. Morales' jabs outnumbered Manny's by a mile. Against Barrera or Marquez, Manny has
the edge. Manny's straight left is almost always preceded by his right jab.
He couldn't do that to Morales, because of that reach advantage and
plus the fact, that Morales' right hand was always protecting his face, wary
of Manny's straight left. Against an attacking Barrera, Manny would just make one jump-step backwards and he is already out of range. Against Morales he could not do that, again, because of Morales' longer arm and also a bit longer body or a longer stride. Morales has also learned a lesson to stay away from the ropes, because when Barrera stayed on the ropes, Manny was pummeling him. While Roach trained Manny on how to stay on the ropes for a while and then slip away.

But, personally, I think Manny did better boxing against Morales than against Marquez. He seldom used that power straight left because Morales was always aware of it. But he made that up with his right. Morales's weakness was clearly his abdomen. That's why he was always protecting it.
But Manny could have done better if he was more aggressive. He didn't
know how to punch when on retreat. Head movement was also missing.Most probably the weight was a factor also.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:43 am 
Bantamweight

I came here to see and watch many excuses, har har har :biglaugh:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next