Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:16 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:13 am 
Heavyweight

eliboy wrote:
BCngDC wrote:
In my unbiased scorecard I actually had Morales up by one. It was very close. But I believe that in the rematch, as Pacquiao gets more comfortable with his new weight and when he's allowed to use Cletos, he'll give Morales a different fight.

By the way, good news for East Coast Pacfans, I was told Shelley Finkel is arranging a May fight in Atlantic City for Pacman, and then a September rematch with Morales. Don't ask me where I got this news or to produce a site. My wife just called me because her boss who is lawyer who says (I can't vouch for the truth or untruth of this) he's a personal friend of Shelley Finkel told her about it. So watch out for the news.

Although I cannot vouch for my wife's boss, I do not know him to be a liar or one to exagerate and on this issue, he has no reason to.

Like I said in my previous post, this news didn't come from me. I'm just passing it on. I told my wife, when she told me about it, that May was too early.

If it's true though, it might just be a tune up fight for Manny to get accustomed to his new weight. It might not be mega-fight just to whett the appetites of the east-coast Pacfans to lure them out in the western dessert for the mega-fight.

May bout? It's less than two months from now. Does Manny have enough time to rest in that span of time? Anyway, thanks for the info!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:21 am 
Cruiserweight

whoever had Manny winning this fight is just plain retarded.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:28 am 
Heavyweight

DobyZhee wrote:
whoever had Manny winning this fight is just plain retarded.

how about a draw?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:36 am 
Light Heavyweight

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by tisoy355:
If you look at the official scorcard they even wrote on the bottom that extra point deducted because the cut was caused by a punch!

i dont think so. the score is 115-113 which means all of the judges scored each round 10-9 without any deductions. otherwise the total of the scores of the two fighters will not be 228 (19x12 rounds)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:37 am 
Middleweight

Morales won. No doubt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:38 am 
Bantamweight

i dont think manny won..... the best thing he can get is a draw which i thought it was EM fought a tactical fight i give props!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:52 am 
Strawweight

napanood ko din yong laban sa ppv mga bro. actually marami kaming nanood. lahat kami napapasigaw everytime pumapasok mga suntok ni pacman. pero nakapagtataka talaga. bakit parang wala yong killer insticnt ni manny. pag tinamaan nya si morales di nya agad sinusundan. parang pinapanood nya lang.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:09 am 
Featherweight

PACLANDERS!!!!

WE HAVE TO ACCEPT THE FACT THAT MORALES WON THIS FIGHT IN ORDER FOR US TO MOVE ON,THATS THE SPIRIT OF A TRUE PACLANDERS FANS.ANYWEY,THIS IS NOT THE END OF HIS CARREER AND FOR SURE PACMAN WILL COMEBACK.

LET'S DO IT AGAIN....

PEACE OUT! :beer:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:15 am 
Strawweight

Ok, Ive checked out this site its cool and all but I'm getting tired of seeing all the excuses you "pilipinos" are making cause your beloved warrior lost fair and square to a much superior all around boxer. All you guys had high hopes on his hard punch, but that is all he has and he is one-demensional as Morales himself said it. Everything about pacquiao devouring Morales was all media hype, who has paquiao really fought? only barrera and marquez.... I personally think barrera just didnt try, and Marquez was just not careful and got knocked down, but as you can see if it werent for the knock downs he clearly would have out classed and outpunched paquiao. It takes more than a raging bull and a hard punch to be a "True Champion" it takes balls, heart, a lot of skill both as a boxer and a puncher, also a good chin, qualities which clearly Morales has and pacquiao lacks. Dont forget that Morales has been in 20 wars with the finest champions of this ear and beat them all. It was very foolish of you guys to even fathom that Morales stood no chance, but then again its just plain ignorance.

Better luck next time "pilipinos"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:25 am 
Bantamweight

Hats off to Erik Morales...he fought a very smart fight...mga tol, as much as i love Pac..let's be honest EM is a lot stronger and smarter that night....this is not the end...Pac will be back...that teaches Pac a really good lesson.....ganyan talaga ang bida ...papagulpi muna and then babawi in the end. :box: :box: :box:

Post subject: Re: HAHAHAHAHAHHA
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:37 am 
Middleweight

elterrible wrote:
WATCH THE FIGHT WITHOUT ANY COMMENTATING AND THEN HAVE A SCORE.Morales won, no Doubt about it.

I agree. I had it 116-112. Morales was hitting the cleaner shots. Morales was the more effective puncher throughout the fight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:17 am 
Strawweight

Many people were just making intrigues among pacfans by insisting manny's defeat, wala na kasing kaya isulat na maganda.hehehe. Actually we won and we got everything by manny's contribution to our country. Other best boxers are dreaming to be called one of the best. But our manny is in his best carreer already. That is a great acchievement not only for manny but for the whole country.
Only two points ang lamang ni manny at lubhang napakalaki ng pag asa sa susunod na laban. Mas ituturing kong dapat siyang nagpatalo kung totoo ang balitang binantaan siya ng mafia alang alang sa safety ng sarili at pamilya. Para patuloy ang lahat ng wala tayong kinatatakutan na maaring mangyari sa kanya. Maaring tataas ang kilay ng maraming bayaning manunulat. Pero ayon din naman sa Biblia ibigay mo ang balabal sa sinumang gustong kumuha nito sayo.God bless

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:13 am 
Flyweight

longkalog71 wrote:
rbm115 wrote:
i also did, watched over , 2x already.

the media expectation, that pacman, will devour EM, made the judges score it in a different perspective.

if you review the fight, minus the thought that pacman is superman.

i got it a draw.

pacman is still relentless on his attack, but only in the first stage of the attack, the first wave of combinations, then he backs up, and waited for EM's reaction, very unusual, sayang, manila ice na sana. medyo hindi sya nag pa follow up ngayon, ang daming mis cues, pag na review nila ang tape, sana maging point sa kanila, at ma accept nila na medyo mali, at may kulang.

peace out.

isa nga yun sa mga ipinagtataka ko e. bakit? signature attack na ni manny yun e na once tinamaan niya, kukuyugin na niya.hindi ko naman masabi na intimidated siya sa suntok ni erik dahil kaya naman niya yung suntok e at natural kay manny yung ganung reaction na pag tinamaan niya, dire diretso.napapasalita na nga ako sa tv ng "follow up papa! follow up! pupugin mo na papa!" hehehe :biglaugh: tapos biglang hinto si manny sandali na parang pinarerecover si erik. highly unusual talaga.

Parehas tayo opinion dre. Nasundan ko career ni pacquiao kahit nung amateur pa lang yan. pagtinamaan nya ang kalaban niya at kahit taman siya kinukuyog na niya ng suntok yon. (Kaya nga bagay sa kanya yung NO FEAR na brand e) Nung laban niya kay Morales 123 punch tapos umaatras na tuloy nakakabuwelo si Morales ng solid punch. Sabagay tapos na laban at para sa akin siya pa rin ang PINOY BOXER KING tutal di naman siya na pa bagsak ni morales di tulad ng mga kabayan niyang nagsihiga sa lona ng tamaan ni MP :P BAWI NA LANG TAYO bata pa namn si IDOL e:headz:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:16 am 
Light Heavyweight

PACQUIAO WAS ROBBED.
I WATCHED THE FIGHT OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND IT WAS A DRAW OR
MAYBE PAC BY POINT.
AND TO ALL YOU SO CALLED PACFANATICS WHO THOUGHT MP LOST SHOULD BE SHAMED OF YOURSELF....YOU DISGUST ME

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:30 am 
Light Heavyweight

tisoy355 wrote:
If you look at the official scorcard they even wrote on the bottom that extra point deducted because the cut was caused by a punch!

pare, dont say such kung wala kang proof...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next