Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:33 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:44 am 
Heavyweight

krayz211 wrote:
When Manny is fighting Oscar nobody is giving him a chance...no one knows who is going to win when he was about to face Cotto...same with the Margarito bout...You see kuya, Catchweight or not there is always big risk for smaller fighter when his fighting big guys..Thats the difference between Ward and Pac...

Pacquiao is no longer a flyweight. He had already acclimatized to the welterweight division since 2009. Why do some people always make it an excuse for Manny to demand catchweight and still treat him as a boy in the company of men? It's deemed fair when he's the one asking for it. And it becomes unfair when the likes of Ward is the one dealing with it.

Oscar misjudged his weight and he suffered the consequences. He looked frail in the HBO 24/7 series. Hence, the 2-1 odds slightly going his way. Cotto and Margarito were different cases, Pac was the huge favorite to win. He was fast and furious. He was the smaller fighter alright but he was favored to win because his speed and power edge outsized whatever frame and reach advantage both Cotto and Margarito had.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:46 am 
Heavyweight

krayz211 wrote:
Im very much aware that Cotto is indeed Puerto Rican...where did you get hes Mexican?...

Kuya i agree with you about Floyd..but like what ive said...Majority of American writers turn to fan boys and exaggerate the achievements and everything when it comes to their boxers.....

Lildevalt wrote:
krayz211 wrote:
You are right when you said p4p rating could be improved even if a fighter stays and competes in his own division. But i guess you would also agree if i say fighters fighting outside of their weight classes are more impressive than fighters who stays in their comfortable weight zone.....

You cant compare Pac's case with Ward when Manny was campaigning in the higherweights hes giving the big guys fair deal,a level playing field. As for the Hatton fight we all know Hatton is the best at 140 right? hes unbeaten in that weight,Pac was also coming from 147 (defeating Oscar)going to the Hatton fight...so the truth is both of them went down.... it would be impressive if Ward had fought Chad at an even level playing field not bringing Chad all the way down to his division.but i doubt he would do it...

Great that win over Hatton might be but that's ancient history. It has little to do with his p4p status right now. Mosley upset margarito and made it to the no. 3 p4p years ago. When he lost to Floyd, he was bumped off the top 10 p4p list. Simple as that. Once an elite fighter loses, he gets demoted. manny officially lost to Bradley but he retained his ranking. That's strange. You're crying about Americans lapping it up for Andre Ward but look what they're doing to Pacquiao.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:58 am 
Heavyweight

krayz211 wrote:
All im saying kuya is they giving Chad so much attention that they even going to dethrone pac/floyd because Ward defeated Chad...I know Ward is a great fighter but how come no one is saying how he beat Chad?...do you think they would be making noise that way if Chad is from another country? hey im sorry but im not blind...and its understandable because this is still a sport,you still go for your countryman....

Compared to the noise the Americans gave Pac for beating a dehydrated Morales, Dela Hoya, Cotto and Margarito, Ward's was just a whimper in a busy street. Reason is, Ward is not nearly a popular fighter that Pacquiao once was. For beating those men, Pacquiao's name was suddenly entrenched in Goat conversations. Ward is still struggling for recognition in the p4p rating because there's little fanfare attached to his impressive victories. If you're implying that Pacquiao is getting the shorter end of the stick in American media hype, u are entirely wrong. Pacquiao is still being cuddled in the top p4p ranking despite his loss. The injustice committed by the Americans is to their own.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:00 am 
Heavyweight

I'll say PacMan is number 1 and Adre Ward number 2 at this time. Take Floyd out of the rating since he is not fighting anyone and has no plan of fighting anyone.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:53 am 
Welterweight

Thunder_knuckles wrote:
I'll say PacMan is number 1 and Adre Ward number 2 at this time. Take Floyd out of the rating since he is not fighting anyone and has no plan of fighting anyone.

wow, floyd is not even on your pound for pound ranking? and manny still at number 1 even though he lost officially on his last fight?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:06 am 
Heavyweight

if you just read the first page... TS will already know who is andre ward is....

few tips:

supersix champion, US lone olympic gold medalist...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:35 am 
Light Heavyweight

andre ward will be the next p4p king