Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:50 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: LEBRON JAMES THREAD
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:59 am 
Heavyweight

Lebron James' singing career:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:31 am 
Heavyweight

lebron james to the lakers?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:45 pm 
Heavyweight

chitotwothousandseven wrote:
lebron james to the lakers?

just one of the interested teams

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:53 pm 
Heavyweight

NBA free agency doesn’t kick off until July 1, but the period between now and then will be an often-unbearable crescendo of rumormongering and conjecture and tasseography, most of it having to do with the eventual destination of LeBron James. LeBron made it clear at his post–Game 4 press conference that he hadn’t started to think about where he might next play, but he also made it clear that the preferences and comfort of his family will play a role in his decision-making process.

All of which means you’re going to see a lot of **** like this, which is Gary Payton sharing a dubious “scoop” with BSOTV about LeBron’s eldest son enrolling at a Los Angeles area private school:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:53 pm 
Heavyweight

“His son just committed to Sierra Canyon, which is in the valley of L.A. That’s where his son’s gonna go to school, with Scottie Pippen’s son and Kenyon Martin’s son.”

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:19 am 
Heavyweight

Welcome back to LeBronWatch, your source for the most premium inside information on LeBron James’s next destination. He who crowned himself “King of New York” last November may soon be making that a reality. Don’t take it from us—take it from a man who has been somewhat recently employed by the New York Knicks. Kenyon Martin, who suited up in the blue and orange as recently as 2014 and whose son is slated to attend the high school that LeBron Jr. is absolutely, definitely attending, said on CBS radio last week that the best basketball player in the world is headed to the Big Apple. And Paul George will be joining him there, too, 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:19 am 
Heavyweight

Martin said on the air:

The way he approaches things, the way he wants his legacy to be, I think, coming to a franchise that hasn’t done anything as of late. You know, last time they went to the Finals was ‘99, last time they won it was ‘73. You know what I’m saying. So it’s like, just imagine for him, to come here, and that—make a deep playoff run, to not even win it right away. Just make a deep playoff run. Make the playoffs. Have a shot at making the playoffs, with the Knicks. Yeah you know what I’m saying? Yeah but, yeah but, a guy like him and Paul George teaming up been coming up a lot. I think that’s, with [David] Fiz[dale] being the coach now, that’s a viable option.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:23 pm 
Heavyweight

The Philadelphia 76ers are one of the most intriguing potential destinations for LeBron James, should he choose to leave theCleveland Cavaliers and become a free agent this offseason. Joining an emerging team with a young core of Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons could usher in a new era of Sixer basketball after years of self-imposed futility

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:24 pm 
Heavyweight

But outspoken TNT analyst Charles Barkley, who played in Philadelphia for the first eight seasons of his Hall of Fame NBA career, is adamant that James won't be suiting up for the Sixers next season.

"He's not coming to the Sixers," Barkley said Tuesday on The Mike Missanelli Show. "He's not coming to the Sixers because he needs the ball, Simmons needs the ball and Embiid needs the ball. That would make Simmons useless.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:24 pm 
Heavyweight

"He's not going to give the ball up at this stage of his career. He's not a great shooter, so you can't play him off the ball. I guarantee you [defenders] would let him shoot 3s all night. Guys would love him to shoot 3s. … It would hurt Embiid and Simmons going forward."

Barkley is never one to mince words, and he certainly didn't here. He makes some good points about the lack of shooting on a lineup featuring LeBron, Simmons and Embiid, but there's also a line of thinking that suggests a group of players that talented will figure out how to play together.

For what it's worth, oddsmakers disagree with Chuck, as the Sixers have the second-best odds to land James this summer at 11-5.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:41 pm 
Heavyweight

Stephen Jackson torches LeBron James over hand, Finals: 'He quit, he knew he was beat'

Jason Owens

Yahoo Sports
While much of the sports world has moved past the NBA Finals to the summer of LeBron James, Stephen Jackson isn’t quite ready to let go.

The former Golden State Warrior and NBA champion with the San Antonio Spurs lit into James Wednesday during an appearance on Fox Sports, taking him to task for quitting during the Finals and making excuses after theCleveland Cavaliers got swept.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:42 pm 
Heavyweight

Stephen Jackson: LeBron James was ‘selfish’ when he hurt his hand

Jackson started his diatribe by calling out James for talking about his injured hand after the Cavs got swept and for injuring it in the first place by punching a white board after a brutal Game 1 loss.

“The series is over,” Jackson said. “There’s nothing you can do about it. You can’t go back and start over ’cause your hand hurts. It wasn’t a good decision by the guy you expect to carry your team.

“For him to do that, that was real selfish.”

Heavyweight

Jackson: Did James punch his heart against white board?

Jackson went on to criticize James for what he saw a subpar effort in the wake of Game 1’s loss.

“I think his heart was questioned,” Jackson said. “I don’t know if he punched his heart against the white board. Because at times it looked like his heart was hurting. He wasn’t competing, wasn’t giving the same energy we see from LeBron.”

He went on to accuse James of making excuses after getting swept.

“I just think it was too late to come out with,” Jackson said. “The series was over. If you hurt your hand, just say you hurt it. Don’t bring it up to try to make it the topic from g

Heavyweight

‘Go home, bruh!’

Toward the end of his rant, Jackson came to the conclusion that James just up and quit on his teammates.

“That took a lot out of him,” Jackson said of Game 1. “He quit. He knew he was playing against a better team. After Game 1, he knew he was beat. Point blank, bruh. It had nothing to do with his hand.

“They got swept. 4-0. Take it like a man. Go home, bruh.”

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:42 am 
Heavyweight

Lebron James transfer is the hottest NBA News today.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next