Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:54 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21960 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1451, 1452, 1453, 1454, 1455, 1456, 1457 ... 1464  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:09 am 
Heavyweight

galing ni choke reyes, bilats at japwet.... go go go :lol: :lol: :lol:

::: LAKERS LOYALIST #24 ::: ::::: WAGONERSSS S@CK :::::

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:10 am 
Heavyweight

Sargo wrote:
Tanggalin si Blatche. Replace with a big man na talagang big man ang laro. Hindi puro tira sa labas.

naku wag!!!.... mawawalan na lalo excuse si choke reyes nyan pag malakas na import :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:23 am 
Heavyweight

bakit kasi nasa labas lagi si blatche at sya pa nagdadala ng bola

gusto maging point guard, eh ang bagal kumilos :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:31 am 
Middleweight

Oras na para palitan si Blatche..laging wala sa kondisyon..hindi na makatalon, hingal kabayo at walang tulong sa depensa..

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:32 am 
Heavyweight

Hindi daw maasahan si Junemar sa international games...ayon sa mga haters... :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:42 am 
Heavyweight

With proper set-up and teamwork may magagawa din ibang malaki natin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:57 pm 
Heavyweight

ba't di nalang ibalik si Coach tab?

di hamak na mas maganda program nun, di tulad ni choke reyes na kung ano ano pinagagawa....

puro dribble drive lang ata alang alam na setup eh :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:10 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Bolo_Punch wrote:
Panay ang sigaw ko simula ng 1st quarter, iposte si JunMar.
Ibigay ang bola sa kaniya kasi manipis guwardiya niya at hindi alam style ni JM,
Pero parang hindi nakikita ni Chot ito, pinipilit ang outside shooters like Wright, Pogoy,Ravena,etc.
But the Aussies' defense was so tight that the Gilas outside shooters were constantly harassed.
Andray Blatche was ineffective, ang laki laki pero sa labas gustong tumira,
Ditto with Japeth, useless without LA feeding him for a slam dunk,
Gilas tried their best but the Aussies were a higher level than them in teamwork, shooting & IQ.
Paano na kung isasali ng Australia ang mga NBA players nila? Murder tayo sigurado.
Bottom line, maybe we are good only in beating the likes of Indonesia, Thailand, Taiwan, etc.
And Japan?

Speaking of IQ, I don't understand why most of PBA teams, including Gilas, don't play to win during the last 2 minutes of the game. When the opposing team, for example, is leading by around 10 points, the coach should tell his players to just shoot the ball once they reached the 3-point distance. Game IQ means being able to estimate mathematically (arithmetically, actually) how many minutes are needed to offset the 10-point deficit. If we consider the 24-second ball handling time allotted per team and assuming that we connected with 3-pointers each time, we need to have the ball at least 4 times; that is, we need at least 24*4=96 seconds to score 12 points and offset their 10-point lead. but 2 minutes is only 120 seconds, so if the opponent exhausted all 24 seconds once they have the ball (If I were their coach, I would tell them to exhaust the time to ensure the win) their 3 or more times handling the ball would be at least 24*3=78 seconds. Subtract this from 120 seconds and you get just 42 seconds. Since this is less than the 96 seconds needed to score 12 points, we need to shoot as soon as we have the ball to save time from the 24 seconds allotted to us. Thus, we need to shoot the ball within 42/4=10.5 seconds. This is assuming the other team did not score additional points during the 3 times they had the ball. If we scored just 2-pointers, we practically lost the game because even if we connected 4 times, we would only get 4*2=8 points, not enough to offset the 10-point deficit. In such a scenario, we could only hope that the other team would not waste time and shoot at once, but that would be poor IQ, and since they are not PBA coaches, they would probably exhaust the time.

However, our players do not know how to win games because our coach does not know either. Otherwise, he would tell his players to shoot immediately once they got the ball. But no. Our players don't shoot at once but instead waste time allotted to them by dribbling and passing unnecessarily even when they're free to shoot. Basketball is not just playing well but also calculating the time well. That said, when you're behind on points during the last 2 or 3 minutes, you should use your 3-point shooters to equalize the score, and possibly win the game.

Success is measured not by what you have achieved,
but by the degree of satisfaction you derive from it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:23 pm 
Light Heavyweight

I mean, 3*24=72 seconds for the opposing team, so we only have 48 seconds, or 12 seconds left to score 3-pointers needed to offset the deficit.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:19 am 
Heavyweight

rizalincarnate wrote:
Bolo_Punch wrote:
Panay ang sigaw ko simula ng 1st quarter, iposte si JunMar.
Ibigay ang bola sa kaniya kasi manipis guwardiya niya at hindi alam style ni JM,
Pero parang hindi nakikita ni Chot ito, pinipilit ang outside shooters like Wright, Pogoy,Ravena,etc.
But the Aussies' defense was so tight that the Gilas outside shooters were constantly harassed.
Andray Blatche was ineffective, ang laki laki pero sa labas gustong tumira,
Ditto with Japeth, useless without LA feeding him for a slam dunk,
Gilas tried their best but the Aussies were a higher level than them in teamwork, shooting & IQ.
Paano na kung isasali ng Australia ang mga NBA players nila? Murder tayo sigurado.
Bottom line, maybe we are good only in beating the likes of Indonesia, Thailand, Taiwan, etc.
And Japan?

Speaking of IQ, I don't understand why most of PBA teams, including Gilas, don't play to win during the last 2 minutes of the game. When the opposing team, for example, is leading by around 10 points, the coach should tell his players to just shoot the ball once they reached the 3-point distance. Game IQ means being able to estimate mathematically (arithmetically, actually) how many minutes are needed to offset the 10-point deficit. If we consider the 24-second ball handling time allotted per team and assuming that we connected with 3-pointers each time, we need to have the ball at least 4 times; that is, we need at least 24*4=96 seconds to score 12 points and offset their 10-point lead. but 2 minutes is only 120 seconds, so if the opponent exhausted all 24 seconds once they have the ball (If I were their coach, I would tell them to exhaust the time to ensure the win) their 3 or more times handling the ball would be at least 24*3=78 seconds. Subtract this from 120 seconds and you get just 42 seconds. Since this is less than the 96 seconds needed to score 12 points, we need to shoot as soon as we have the ball to save time from the 24 seconds allotted to us. Thus, we need to shoot the ball within 42/4=10.5 seconds. This is assuming the other team did not score additional points during the 3 times they had the ball. If we scored just 2-pointers, we practically lost the game because even if we connected 4 times, we would only get 4*2=8 points, not enough to offset the 10-point deficit. In such a scenario, we could only hope that the other team would not waste time and shoot at once, but that would be poor IQ, and since they are not PBA coaches, they would probably exhaust the time.

However, our players do not know how to win games because our coach does not know either. Otherwise, he would tell his players to shoot immediately once they got the ball. But no. Our players don't shoot at once but instead waste time allotted to them by dribbling and passing unnecessarily even when they're free to shoot. Basketball is not just playing well but also calculating the time well. That said, when you're behind on points during the last 2 or 3 minutes, you should use your 3-point shooters to equalize the score, and possibly win the game.

They did play to win, i don't get this post. They were down by 10 if you play basketball it is extremely difficult to win games if you are down by 10 or more in 2 minutes. Shoot the ball immediately? Do you live in fantasy land. What if you miss? you make it even more difficult for yourself. Saying it is a lot easier than doing it.

The team was having problems scoring. Because of Australia picking up their intensity and defense. Everything was contested. They were pressing the inbound play. Meaning Gilas was having problems in bounding the ball. They were trapping the guards. On offense they were starting to hit their 3's, they were out rebounding Gilas.

Gilas failed to make their free throws and really started to add up. Every point counts those missed free throws wouldn't make a big difference but the score deficit wouldn't be so bad. Let's talk turn overs. Gilas had a lot of them. Australia forced them into turovers like i said, they were contesting everything.

Let's talk Blatche. This team is centered around Blatche. The over reliance on an old out of shape X Nba Player really did not go well in this game. Blatche was positioned on top of the key for dribble drives which is ridiculous because he is out of shape, slow and he was covered well and was forced into turn overs and he had to pass it up. But he should have been on the low post, not out on the perimeter all the time. I would have blatche on the post up. He is not a guard. Stupid game plan.

Coach Reyes i'd give him a rating on a C minus. His not a great coach. All he did was relied on Blatche, that's it. What kind of coach is that? Bright spot for Gilas. Is Fajardo and Ravena. They play well together. Ravena created so many easy points with his pick and roll with Fajardo.

Fajardo has soft touch around the basket. He is big enough and strong enough on the low block he has nice moves and touch in the paint. He might have improved. Ravena is a good player as well. Young and very good at creating space of Fajardo to just drop the ball in to him. ALAS is another one i like he was scoring a good streaky shooter. Avueva is good as well but undersized and prone to a lot of turn overs.

Players i would not have in the roster is Maliksi dude did not do anthing. Bench player at best!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:35 am 
Heavyweight

rizalincarnate wrote:
I mean, 3*24=72 seconds for the opposing team, so we only have 48 seconds, or 12 seconds left to score 3-pointers needed to offset the deficit.

I don't think you ever played basketball. If you did you wouldn't be talking nonsense like this. You are living in fantasy world.Shoot the 3's, yeah, like your steph Curry?

Who in this team can shoot like Steph? No one. There is a thing called defense. Australia was tightening up the screws on GIlas.They were making it difficult to score. You are ridiculous, Sir.

Go learn to play basketball first before you post nonsense post like this.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:51 am 
Light Heavyweight

Numero uno wrote:
rizalincarnate wrote:

I don't think you ever played basketball. If you did you wouldn't be talking nonsense like this. You are living in fantasy world.Shoot the 3's, yeah, like your steph Curry?

Who in this team can shoot like Steph? No one. There is a thing called defense. Australia was tightening up the screws on GIlas.They were making it difficult to score. You are ridiculous, Sir.

What play basketball? Does a coach need to play basketball to coach? You don't know what I'm talking about because you only know how to play, not coach. Nonsense? And when was math ever became nonsense? You did not get what I wanted to convey at all.

Since you have the same IQ as the ones I stated above, let me explain further.

I was talking about a scenario, a situation where there is no more time left (around 2 minutes) and the opponent is leading by at least 10 points. In this case, only time and 3 points matter to equalize and win. Lay ups and dunks don't matter anymore because even if you scored, you would only get 2 points. Time is of the essence.

Why be afraid to lose when you are losing anyway? Why not try the best solution to win? Why be afraid to miss a shot at the last minute when you are losing anyway? It's called "do or die". When your situation is already hopeless, you do the only option to win. In 3 point shooting, you need confidence. The reason why Gilas has many turnovers is because they don't shoot at once as soon as they get the ball. They dribble and pass too much. Points, not spectacular plays, win games.

I wouldn't argue with you if there are plenty of time left. But obviously, you are a non-thinking former player, not a rational coach. To me, you are the one who's talking nonsense. If my team is leading your team by ten points at the last 2 minutes, I'd sure win against you based on your comments because you don't know how to estimate probabilities.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:07 am 
Heavyweight

May daga sa dibdib tong gilas
Nubg malamngan na ng double digit, parang wala ng gana maglaro

Gilas needs 3 point shooters. Si blatche trying hard sa outside shooting pero wala eh
Why not kunin na lang naturalized player si devin boiker o kaya si klay thompson?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:37 am 
Heavyweight

rizalincarnate wrote:
Numero uno wrote:
rizalincarnate wrote:

What play basketball? Does a coach need to play basketball to coach? You don't know what I'm talking about because you only know how to play, not coach. Nonsense? And when was math ever became nonsense? You did not get what I wanted to convey at all.

Since you have the same IQ as the ones I stated above, let me explain further.

I was talking about a scenario, a situation where there is no more time left (around 2 minutes) and the opponent is leading by at least 10 points. In this case, only time and 3 points matter to equalize and win. Lay ups and dunks don't matter anymore because even if you scored, you would only get 2 points. Time is of the essence.

Why be afraid to lose when you are losing anyway? Why not try the best solution to win? Why be afraid to miss a shot at the last minute when you are losing anyway? It's called "do or die". When your situation is already hopeless, you do the only option to win. In 3 point shooting, you need confidence. The reason why Gilas has many turnovers is because they don't shoot at once as soon as they get the ball. They dribble and pass too much. Points, not spectacular plays, win games.

I wouldn't argue with you if there are plenty of time left. But obviously, you are a non-thinking former player, not a rational coach. To me, you are the one who's talking nonsense. If my team is leading your team by ten points at the last 2 minutes, I'd sure win against you based on your comments because you don't know how to estimate probabilities.

You are living in lalala land.

What you need in this situation is not just 3's. It's STOPS. Defense.

Gilas are not a great defensive or a great 3 point shooting team.

Heck, they missed their free throws.

Give me the stats of their percentage behind the arc.

I agree with you 3's are great. But it is a low percentage shot.

If you jack up 3's like a chucker. Just hoist them. Make it, great. But when you missed you better get that rebound.

With 24 seconds on the clock and you go chucker mode, miss, the other team gets it.

Then they run the clock or score quickly. Then what?

You need STOPS. Simple as that or foul hope they miss their FT.

But it is extremely difficult scenario. Easier said than done.

Homie..

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:21 am 
Heavyweight

Romy Nabas wrote:
May daga sa dibdib tong gilas
Nubg malamngan na ng double digit, parang wala ng gana maglaro

Gilas needs 3 point shooters. Si blatche trying hard sa outside shooting pero wala eh
Why not kunin na lang naturalized player si devin boiker o kaya si klay thompson?

si idol kobe nalang kunin nila :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21960 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1451, 1452, 1453, 1454, 1455, 1456, 1457 ... 1464  Next